Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Show off your Arduino projects

00 Offline av8r1

Show off your Arduino projects
on: April 05, 2015, 06:30:23 AM
Small computer boards like the Raspberry Pi and Arduino are multitools of a sort; you can make them do any number of things.  Let's see what you've done with yours.
My EDC:
Leatherman Skeletool   Led Lenser P3 AFS P
Leatherman Style CS    "Fauxton"
Sharpie Twin Tip           Bic Mini

it Offline danilo

Re: Show off your Arduino projects
Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 05:24:37 PM
cool!
I have an arduino but I haven't done much with it. I bought it to experiment a bit with my son, who is 6, but beside some small tests we haven't had time for it.

My secret project is a raspberry pi, especially now that the version 2 has been released, with popcorntime or something similar attached to the tv. maybe also for playing music, although I'd need speakers aroumnd the tv and I don't have much space as of now... I'll need to plan it better...

anyway, can't wait for your ideas

00 Offline av8r1

Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 07:31:03 PM
I bought a Pi to support my ham radio hobby.  I figured I could do digital modes like PSK-31 or RTTY with it, and if I accidentally sent 100 watts of RF into it, I'd kill a $35 circuit board rather than my $2,000 laptop.  It hasn't seen that use yet.  It got used as baby's first linux box, and I've done some I/O projects with it.

Then I bought an Arduino to have analog in ability, and I use it more than the Pi now.  I'll work on some demonstrations of some of my projects, but here are some of the highlights:

Pain-O-Mat:  Displays "Squeeze me" on a dot matrix display, and when you squeeze the pressure sensitive resistor hard enough, the message changes to "OW!"
Therm-O-Morse:  Press a button, and it blinks and beeps the current temperature in Morse code using my own Morse code library.
My crowning achievement was Etch.  It uses an Arduino and a computer (the Pi works just fine) to simulate an Etch-A-Sketch.  It was quite a challenge to get two programs running on different hardware written in different languages at different speeds to work together.
My EDC:
Leatherman Skeletool   Led Lenser P3 AFS P
Leatherman Style CS    "Fauxton"
Sharpie Twin Tip           Bic Mini

us Offline BlueDot

Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 04:31:18 AM
That's all just a little beyond me, but another guy at work has used several arduino boards to make simple function testers.  Mostly allowing the same motion of a solenoid or air valve for weeks on end to prove a robust design.

ALso, some Radio shacks are closing, and their arduino stuff is going at a discount.  The local shop is at 30% off, and said they would drop 10% every Wednesday.
There are just 10 types of people in the world:  those who understand binary number systems, and those who don't

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%