Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Show off your EDC bag!

es Offline alexTOOL

• No Life Club
Re: Show off your EDC bag!
Reply #30 on: May 25, 2016, 12:35:35 AM
Messenger bags are a pain for back and shoulder

Must be banned

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #31 on: May 25, 2016, 12:19:28 PM
ok so at which point does a messenger bag become a man bag or a murse? and yes i have a distinction between the 2, since for me a man bag would be more satchel sized and murse is quite smaller
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #32 on: July 04, 2016, 09:12:25 PM
New sling bag I got a week ago.
Today it's been 7 days, and it's passed the test so far.

Whatcha think of it?

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline powernoodle

Reply #33 on: July 04, 2016, 09:48:16 PM

Maxpedition Mongo.  I own a shameful number of other Maxpedition, 5.11 and other bags, but the Mongo is my current favorite.  It holds a mighty volume of goodies, while not looking too "tactical" or attracting undue attention.

ca Offline armèe-suisse

Reply #34 on: July 05, 2016, 04:19:44 AM
The Triple Aught packs are well constructed, they are very functional, and to stay organized with plenty of options and possibilities. I currently edc the new latest fast pack edc, the re-engineered full clamshell I'm lovin it!

Triple Aught Design one of my favorite brand, Arc'teryx and GoRuck.

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #35 on: July 28, 2016, 07:35:06 PM
Just got in my new Smoke/Storm Spotting/Farm bag. It will tote binos, radios/scanners, maps, field guides, field knife/Multitool and notebooks, etc. It will carry my camp gear as well when I get the chance.

Some items for scale.

It's a Hidden Woodsman Haversack (in Kryptek Mandrake)

http://thehiddenwoodsmen.com/product/the-haversack/

It's very similar to one of my favorite field bags ever, a old Swedish (I think) Mussette bag.

Carried it 25+ years till dry rot finally rendered it an unreliable field bag... :(  I had modified it with an AK47 rifle sling, riveted into it's leather bottom....it could carry a lot of weight for it's size!

Here's the review for it.

- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #36 on: July 28, 2016, 08:48:43 PM
Nice bag   :cheers:

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #37 on: July 28, 2016, 09:08:20 PM
Nice bag   :cheers:

Thanks Steve! Been looking for the "right" one to replace my old one....this is the third try.
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #38 on: July 28, 2016, 09:29:58 PM
Carrying new knife today.
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

hr Offline styx

Reply #39 on: July 28, 2016, 09:32:45 PM
that's a cool bag SAK guy
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #40 on: July 28, 2016, 10:30:30 PM
that's a cool bag SAK guy

Thanks buddy!!!!  :cheers:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #41 on: July 28, 2016, 10:40:33 PM
So that's what those things are called? A haversack? Not only a messenger bag but also can be converted into a small backpack?
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #42 on: July 28, 2016, 10:44:34 PM
Carrying new knife today.
(Image removed from quote.)

You also seem to like Benchmades a lot...nice knife.  :tu:
Never tried one myself, but the Crooked River looks quite similar to my Broken Skull, and I like that one a lot!

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Pacu

Reply #43 on: July 28, 2016, 11:03:45 PM
Going to Disneyworld again in September, got a new bag to carry. 2007 i carried a Maxped Jumbo, 2010 Jumbo again, 2011 and 2012 x2 carried my 5.11 Moab 10. This year I'm going with the Sitka Type S.
I usually go light, maybe a water bottle, cool towel, ballcap, poncho and sunscreen. If ya ever been to Disney you know the weather is brutal so you gotta be prepared for baking humidity and daily downpours.

:like:    :MTO:

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #44 on: July 29, 2016, 12:14:02 AM
So that's what those things are called? A haversack? Not only a messenger bag but also can be converted into a small backpack?
JR

Just one shoulder strap but I've looked at a bunch of youtubes where people load these thing up with bed rolls etc. and use them for short hikes or over-nighters without a big pack. It's really made well.
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

us Offline Pacu

Reply #45 on: July 29, 2016, 12:15:50 AM
Nice bags!
:like:    :MTO:

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #46 on: July 29, 2016, 12:46:43 AM
Nice bags!

Thanks!! I looked up that Sitka Type S on Amazon....what a fantastic travel bag!!!! That's a great choice for what you described at Disney world!!!   :cheers:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #48 on: July 29, 2016, 01:29:13 AM
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
  • An Alox SAK Made Me Do It!
Reply #49 on: July 29, 2016, 03:33:33 AM
JR

Just one shoulder strap but I've looked at a bunch of youtubes where people load these thing up with bed rolls etc. and use them for short hikes or over-nighters without a big pack. It's really made well.

I like what you got just for my work. It measures 12 x 11 x 4 in according to the specs. I often just carry a tablet, but I need a couple of manila file folders. Most bags when you get down that size are a bit smaller and to small for that.  Might have to think about getting one  :cheers:

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #50 on: July 29, 2016, 04:03:34 AM
JR

I like what you got just for my work. It measures 12 x 11 x 4 in according to the specs. I often just carry a tablet, but I need a couple of manila file folders. Most bags when you get down that size are a bit smaller and to small for that.  Might have to think about getting one  :cheers:

It's very well made but there is no padding so you might need a padded sleeve for your tablet...that's what I would do anyway.
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #51 on: July 29, 2016, 10:43:17 AM
I have way too many bags, but I couldn't really call any of them my "EDC" bag as I switch between them so often, depending on where I'm going.

But, the following two are the most used (unless I'm taking a camera or work bag):

My trusty Maxpedition Fatboy (is it the Jumbo - I can't remember). Quite simply my favourite bag due to the draw cords that make it bigger or smaller. It can be packed light or heavy and just works. Another acquisition I thought was a lot of money at the time, but after years of service has turned out to be great value for money.

Sometimes, the tactical look isn't really appropriate or a smaller bag will do, so I invested in a proper girly man-purse from Picard. Yes, it was expensive, but this thing isn't going to fall apart on me and it comfortably accommodates travel docs, phone and other clutter that I drag around with me. It has plenty of pockets to keep your multi away from your phone screen etc and makes a good "holiday tourist" bag :D

I am confident enough in my sexuality  to totally rock this one :D

I also have a Maxpedition Lunada which I did use recently on a trip to London and a short walk up a hill, but truth is I've never really found a way to work it into my needs. Its too big for an everyday bag, and too small for a hiking backpack where the Pygmy Falcon serves me better. It doesn't afford enough protection for camera gear so I'd favour my Lowepro or Manfrotto bags for that. I keep it and try to use it because I like the concept, but it does seem to be a solution to a problem I don't have lol.

I used to come here a lot.

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #52 on: July 29, 2016, 02:28:16 PM
Good stuff Dave!!!
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #53 on: July 29, 2016, 02:52:49 PM
http://forum.multitool.or.../topic,51758.0/nowap.html

Wow KK!!! Man you are so organized!!!!!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
 :salute:

Thanks -although  I don't know if that's a compliment or a diagnosis.
I perfected it a bit further, with a new Aluminum box and a new case for glasses. And two pairs of binoculars!

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #54 on: July 29, 2016, 03:39:12 PM
http://forum.multitool.or.../topic,51758.0/nowap.html

Wow KK!!! Man you are so organized!!!!!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
 :salute:

Thanks -although  I don't know if that's a compliment or a diagnosis.
I perfected it a bit further, with a new Aluminum box and a new case for glasses. And two pairs of binoculars!

:D Definitely a complement my friend and you nailed by adding two pairs of binos!!!!!   :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #55 on: July 29, 2016, 08:58:52 PM
I will take fresh pics soon, since I'm on vacation now. It's the same , old, Victorinox teardrop monosling that's discontinued, but I find it impossible to be replaced, even by other Vic bags.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #56 on: July 30, 2016, 09:52:58 AM
Here they are.
Back Row, left to right. (it's upside down for some reason)
1. My spacious Backpack.  Used for transfering items to my summer house and for big trips. 7-8 years old.
2. My gadget Backpack. Used for laptop and for trips as a cabin bag. I put a couple of shirts, underwear and my toothbrush for short trips and I EDC it when traveling, as I did with no 1 before. 2 years old.
3. My Trevi Briefcase. EDCed for work, more than 260 days a year. All my EDC items, plus documents and my laptop, when needed (Lenovo 700 now). 8 years old.
Middle Row, left to right.
4. My Racheted bag, used as backpack, monosling, messenger bag, funny bag. Used as an alternative to 6,  but has less space. 2 years old.
5. My Monosling. Used as an alternative to 6,  but has less space. 2 years old. 
6. My Teardrop Monosling, my leisure EDC bag. 10 years old.
Front.
7. My gadget holder. Lenovo cables, mouse and stuff. 3 years old.

In front of the EDC bag (6) you see a Nikon Monarch 7 ED 8x30 and above it a Pentax Papilio 6.5x21. Left my eCig and right a Wenger Hunter 130mm. Behind my iPhone and other small items. Nikon is always there, Pentax mostly in the country.

In the main comoartment you see my Bag in Bag with all I need. Sunglasses in a nice multi function case, a big tin box with USB drive, my Siebert Emoscope (minute telescope/microscope from the maker of Minix lenses), Docter 8x20 Monocular with macro lenses, optics miceofiber cloth etc. Medium tinbox for eCig fluids, zippered pouch for seconf eCig, cables and accessories, two small tinboxes with MnMs and Skittles and another tinbox underneath for Tablet and Phone cables and chargers. My LG tablet is behind (where I put maps and a small book at will) and in the Bag in Bag pockets optics cleaning fluid, cleaning pen (with brush), sanitizer, sharpener (Vic), my flashlight, eCig juice, my Sony DSC etc. My Skinth Shield with Vic Spirit and scissored alox and Vic Rachet and LM bit kit is also shown. It is summer, so you see a hat, in winter there's an umbrella. I also put my wallet ther when swimming or pass an airport check.
The Bag in Bag (shown in a former configuration) goes from bag to bag and fits all 6. I just move this and my binoculars every Friday and Sunday or when I'm going for a trip.
There's also a sling pocket with handkerchiefs (dry and alcohol pads) and a net for a soda, were I usually put my keys. In the main compartment I put my Zeiss Conquest 8x42 when I go birding or stargazing, or my Leika 8x20 when I go to the opera (my wife uses them and I use the Pentax or the Nikon instead). That makes 5 optics (Zeiss or Leica, Nikon, Pentax, Docter, Siebert)! All in a small bag. I love that bag and it is a pitty they don't make it any more. My wife strengthened the bottom with plastic and cloth, so it will be strong for another 10 years or more.

photo1-1.jpg
* photo1-1.jpg (Filesize: 77.23 KB)
photo2.jpg
* photo2.jpg (Filesize: 112.12 KB)
photo3.jpg
* photo3.jpg (Filesize: 89.88 KB)
VicODsetup4.jpg
* VicODsetup4.jpg (Filesize: 92.22 KB)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 09:59:35 AM by kkokkolis »

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #57 on: July 31, 2016, 04:56:40 PM
Wow!!!!!  KK your level of organization is amazing and at the same time inspiring. :cheers: :cheers:

Disorganization is central to my life (a aspect of my artsy fartsy personality so I'm told). When I was in art school and later in college, I had to schedule every minute of every day, planning for projects, reading/study, papers etc. I even scheduled naps! :facepalm: This was necessary in order to accomplish my goals during those rigorous academic programs.

These days, I create/organize bags, packs etc not only to enjoy my hobbies etc., but to organize my things (knives, optics firearms/accessories, meds etc). It's a necessary condition of rural living in Tornado Alley/ Wildfire country. Five or six times in the past, we have had bags loaded in vehicles watching smoke either downwind or close to us. We are, of course, pretty serious about it since a wildfire took the farm in '06. We've had close calls with tornadoes as well...several the last two years so personal items, meds and prized possessions go into a daypack or two in case we are displaced.

So, like Dickens' character Wemmick in Great Expectations, I am an enthusiastic proponent of "portable property". :D
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #58 on: July 31, 2016, 07:52:33 PM
I admire your will and commitment to insist living there. Personally, I would move somewhere else, in New England preferably. I've been to 13 states and Pensylvania was the one I liked the most, Philadelphia was my kind of city, with New York a second choice. This titan prairie is very demanding from humans, west coast has earthquakes, Mississipi valley the seven plaques of Pharaoh, Miami the tornados and crime, Alaska is too cold, Hawai the volcanos (but I would live there as a third option).
Of course, it's your country, your homeplace, your fatherland. That would explain it.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #59 on: July 31, 2016, 08:41:51 PM
I admire your will and commitment to insist living there. Personally, I would move somewhere else, in New England preferably. I've been to 13 states and Pensylvania was the one I liked the most, Philadelphia was my kind of city, with New York a second choice. This titan prairie is very demanding from humans, west coast has earthquakes, Mississipi valley the seven plaques of Pharaoh, Miami the tornados and crime, Alaska is too cold, Hawai the volcanos (but I would live there as a third option).
Of course, it's your country, your homeplace, your fatherland. That would explain it.
Pa is nice, not a big fan of Philly(lived there for 3yrs) but I like the outdoors, so about a 2hr drive north of philly and you'd reach our old house, peace and quiet, but still near a town, just depended on what you needed, do I go north for this, or south for that? Ahh, I miss those days.. Of course back then I only carried a mt, flashlight, keys, and a pen/paper.. Then I met you's and am up to a shoulder bag soon to be backpack, go fig!
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%