Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Gerber Strata- Representin'!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Gerber Strata- Representin'!
on: April 07, 2015, 03:07:38 PM
Got five minutes, a boring tool and some bright paint?  Make something interesting!

I'll probably go over it again to fill in any missed spots, but I think it looks pretty cool!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

00 Offline symphonyincminor

Re: Gerber Strata- Representin'!
Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 03:10:04 PM
Nice work!

The Strata is one of the rare foreign-made Gerber's that's actually a pretty quality tool.

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 04:35:03 PM
That does look good!  :tu:  I might try something with my BO Blast at lunch time.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 04:38:06 PM
Looks good boss. 8)
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 06:31:27 PM
Nice!  I'll have to give that a shot.  I really like the Strata.  It seems to not get the respect it deserves around here.
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 06:46:45 PM
Nice!  I'll have to give that a shot.  I really like the Strata.  It seems to not get the respect it deserves around here.

Agreed.   It is a great tool. I've always been write find of it and now I think it looks pretty badass.  :D

As you can see from the various chips and scrapes on it,  it isn't a shelf queen by far.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 06:51:40 PM
That does look good!  :tu:  I might try something with my BO Blast at lunch time.
So a word to the wise.  Don't use a fast drying Lacquer paint.  :facepalm:  Good thing there's another side I can take pictures of!!  :rofl:

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 07:08:23 PM
Very cool Def  :salute: i do a similar thing to my Gshocks using nail varnish,just apply and wipe with nail varnish remover to get rid of unwanted varnish  :tu:

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: April 07, 2015, 07:15:50 PM
So a word to the wise.  Don't use a fast drying Lacquer paint.  :facepalm:  Good thing there's another side I can take pictures of!!  :rofl:

Yup, wanted to do it to my camo fuse, not my most successful endeavor
I'm a total legend..... in my own mind- Herley

us Offline scattergun13

• No Life Club
  • Wanna give blood? Run from my K9...
Reply #9 on: April 08, 2015, 02:06:14 AM

I use nail polish in various colors and be sure to use non acetone polish remover. I do it on a lot of my guns. Let it dry thoroughly then remove it with the polish remover slowly. Keep re wetting with polish remover so it doesn't just smear. If you let it dry completely then remove it slowly with repeated wettings the polish will stay in the lettering and the rest will come away fine.
 :cheers:

Nice work Boss.
" If it was built by matt2silver then I want2buy it...

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: April 08, 2015, 02:32:57 AM

I use nail polish in various colors and be sure to use non acetone polish remover. I do it on a lot of my guns. Let it dry thoroughly then remove it with the polish remover slowly. Keep re wetting with polish remover so it doesn't just smear. If you let it dry completely then remove it slowly with repeated wettings the polish will stay in the lettering and the rest will come away fine.

Nice work Boss.

Good to know! I'm going to assume all your hardware is purple with pink lettering, right Stew?

us Offline scattergun13

• No Life Club
  • Wanna give blood? Run from my K9...
Reply #11 on: April 08, 2015, 02:39:36 AM

Nice work Boss.

Good to know! I'm going to assume all your hardware is purple with pink lettering, right Stew?

Don't judge me!  :twak: :twak: :twak:
But yes... :facepalm:
" If it was built by matt2silver then I want2buy it...

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #12 on: April 08, 2015, 02:43:02 AM

Nice work Boss.

Now you tell me!  :rofl:

Might have to hit up my, err, my wife's stash to see what she has.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: April 08, 2015, 03:04:00 AM

Nice work Boss.

Is there anything worse than getting your a** kicked by the guy with the purple gun??

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD