Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Show Your Desk EDS (Every Day Stay) :D

N_N_R · 11 · 1634

bg Offline N_N_R

• Absolutely No Life Club
Show Your Desk EDS (Every Day Stay) :D
on: April 09, 2015, 03:00:31 PM
Yes, I love looking at people's pictures, so here's another thread about pictures.

And since I'm one of the "unfortunate" people who work at home and don't really carry a bunch of stuff around, I decided to create a thread about other people who work at the PC and don't go around so much :D

So, I guess you have some... box/container/whatever thing on your desk/table where you keep all sorts of handy stuff.

Show it! :D

That's mine:

Apart from the usual pens and writing materials, paper clips, flash drives and such, I also have a Fenix LD12 - It stays up, the way you see it and I use its light, bouncing off the ceiling, to light up the room while I work at night.

Then I also have the blue E01 which I usually extract easily thanks to the paracord attached (Thanks, Aloha :D) - I use the E01 as additional light to look at my notes while I work... yes, I work at the PC, but take notes on paper, separately, it's difficult to explain, but the E01 is very helpful the way I position it.

Then there's also the Recruit somewhere there, buried in the boring stuff (Thanks, Aloha  :facepalm: :D) which stays in this place just in case.

There are also some pain killers, toothpicks, a lighter and other stuff... again just in case, lol.

So, what's YOUR DESK EDS?  :D

The "neglected" stuff that rarely gets in pictures, but is actually quite useful.

:worthless:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 03:01:44 PM by N_N_R »

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Re: Show Your Desk EDS (Every Day Stay) :D
Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 03:55:57 PM
Here's mine:

I work as a live-in warden at a retirement complex, so I have plenty of opportunity to use my SAK's and Spirit to tinker with and fix things, otherwise I think I'd go mad!

What is your line of work if you don't mind me asking N_N_R?
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 04:05:01 PM
Thanks for sharing! :)

I don't mind sharing, I teach English online at a private language company  :P There's also that social project.. the state provides caretakers for handicapped people to families who can't take care of their relatives with disabilities. So instead of hiring another person, I'm paid to take care of and run errands for my father. That's why I usually go out and do stuff around the city a lot, but I also stay home a good amount of time. And have looooots of time to spend here  :facepalm:

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 04:08:08 PM
Thanks for sharing! :)

I don't mind sharing, I teach English online at a private language company  :P There's also that social project.. the state provides caretakers for handicapped people to families who can't take care of their relatives with disabilities. So instead of hiring another person, I'm paid to take care of and run errands for my father. That's why I usually go out and do stuff around the city a lot, but I also stay home a good amount of time. And have looooots of time to spend here  :facepalm:

Cool! That's two very useful jobs! And no commute.
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 06:37:00 PM
The messy second level of my table currently with some new acquisitions :D

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 06:55:58 PM
You don't want to see my desk.  In fact, you CAN'T see my desk with all the paperwork scattered over it......
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 07:01:41 PM
 :rofl:

00 Offline kosmo

• No Life Club
  • "All I need now i'th a can opener!"
Reply #7 on: June 22, 2015, 08:13:55 PM
WTT Book: Victorinox - A Knife and Its History, see link:
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,57788.0.html
Will trade items for new/used Cadet Alox knives for mod projects.
Updated list: https://freeshell.de/~kosmo/sak/
:B: www.radiotell.ch

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #8 on: June 22, 2015, 11:12:58 PM
<----- is a firm believer in the stratification method of organization. No photos will ensue.  :rofl:

In all honesty, my office at work is mostly cleaned...as my last day this semester is this Friday. My home office is a disaster zone. I tend to prefer making myself more mobile, so quite often my laptop case is my office, or my iPad depending how much I want to lug around.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 11:15:04 PM by Chako »
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline getahl

Reply #9 on: June 24, 2015, 12:45:17 AM
Here's mine. Open office space on the shop floor. It's hot as smurf out here,  and that little green fan keeps me sane. I am a buyer for an Aerospace company specializing in legacy parts. We keep old planes flying. Nothing special to see here, although it's usually cleaner by the end of the day.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

us Offline getahl

Reply #10 on: June 24, 2015, 12:52:26 AM
(Image removed from quote.)
I realize this is a joke, but I would probably kill myself working in this environment lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD