Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Bladeless PST II

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Bladeless PST II
on: April 11, 2015, 10:33:49 AM
Hi,

MY 12 year old daughter recently had a three day camp. Being a bit of a nanny state in Oz, she was not allowed to take any of her own Leathermans (Squirt P4 and S4) as they both still have their blades in.

I did a PST mod a while ago where I removed the blade and added a SOG saw to it. I thought that this will be a good contender for camping with the saw, but she felt that it may also be seen as dangerous. I had a PST II that I bought a while ago that was still in pieces after a good clean. I also had an extra awl which is the exact width of the knife blade on the PST and PST II. So, in went the awl where the knife used to be. Silly as it may be, that was not frowned upon when I mentioned it to the teacher.

The tool came back with a very happy daughter, minimal use though. I include a few pictures of the PST II and the original PST with the saw blade.

Cheers,

Pete
IMGP2089.JPG
* IMGP2089.JPG (Filesize: 235.8 KB)
IMGP2090.JPG
* IMGP2090.JPG (Filesize: 183.63 KB)
IMGP2094.JPG
* IMGP2094.JPG (Filesize: 242.81 KB)
IMGP2097.JPG
* IMGP2097.JPG (Filesize: 210.14 KB)

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Bladeless PST II
Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 10:50:56 AM
zoidberg approves of this thread.  :tu:

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 01:22:46 PM
Wohoo, first two badges!!!

Thanks Mate

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 02:28:16 PM
Nice mods !

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 02:48:11 PM
Lookin good!

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 03:38:43 PM
Very cool  :salute:

us Offline Obi1shinobee

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Master LM Squirt Ps4 And Lord of Navitools
Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 10:47:07 AM
Hi,

MY 12 year old daughter recently had a three day camp. Being a bit of a nanny state in Oz, she was not allowed to take any of her own Leathermans (Squirt P4 and S4) as they both still have their blades in.

I did a PST mod a while ago where I removed the blade and added a SOG saw to it. I thought that this will be a good contender for camping with the saw, but she felt that it may also be seen as dangerous. I had a PST II that I bought a while ago that was still in pieces after a good clean. I also had an extra awl which is the exact width of the knife blade on the PST and PST II. So, in went the awl where the knife used to be. Silly as it may be, that was not frowned upon when I mentioned it to the teacher.

The tool came back with a very happy daughter, minimal use though. I include a few pictures of the PST II and the original PST with the saw blade.

Cheers,

Pete

Nice PSTII, I hate those nanny state law crap. Bunch of fools..

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 11:22:03 AM
Nice PSTII, I hate those nanny state law crap. Bunch of fools..

Indeed, my 10 and 12 year old kids have more "knife/mt" sense than a lot of the public here. However, that is a debate for another time. 

Both these are kid friendly and legal here.

Cheers,

Pete

Offline Steve Phillips

Reply #8 on: June 06, 2015, 03:03:30 PM
Well done. I live in WA and it pisses me off that my kids never get to do the stuff we did. In Army Cadets we would be issued with a Lee Enfield 303 each and a pocketful of blanks and told to practice ambushes at the golf course. My science teacher would make explosives (touch-powder) in the class at the end of every school year and set it off in the school grounds. :whistle:
I have tried to make up for that and my son has lit the fuse on a couple of shots (I was a shotfirer) and both he and my daughter are crack shots.

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: June 10, 2015, 09:16:28 AM
Well done. I live in WA and it pisses me off that my kids never get to do the stuff we did.
Indeed, I agree that PC is starting to take a lot of commonsense out of humanity, but that is a discussion over another Bundy  ;)

In Army Cadets we would be issued with a Lee Enfield 303 each and a pocketful of blanks and told to practice ambushes at the golf course.
I would pay good money to have seen the looks on the golfers faces!!!

Welcome to the forum

Cheers,

Pete

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56