Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Little bit of gear lists

us Offline bayoublade

Re: Little bit of gear lists
Reply #30 on: August 14, 2015, 10:56:44 PM

Backpack is really the only 'nice' gear I've got, and even then, by modern standards...
I've got an old Dana external frame pack (90l?), weighs 8lbs empty :D thankfully I don't have much heavy stuff to put in it, I just like to be able to bring a blanket.

Typical camping list for me (1-2 night)

North face surge, 33l backpack
Cheap hammock
550 cord and tarp
Food and drink
Thin blue foam sleeping pad (1/2") (if it's cold)
Fleece sleeping bag (literally a thin fleece blanket that has a zipper so it's a 'bag', about 10" long, 5-6" dia.)
Change of clothes
Little led lantern
Flashlight or 2
Lighter, knife, multitool
If there's one thing I've seen, it's that if you have a gear list and setup that works for you, rock it! The key is just getting out there! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline SAKnight

• 5.0 HO
Reply #31 on: August 15, 2015, 02:47:49 AM

Backpack is really the only 'nice' gear I've got, and even then, by modern standards...
I've got an old Dana external frame pack (90l?), weighs 8lbs empty :D thankfully I don't have much heavy stuff to put in it, I just like to be able to bring a blanket.

Cheap hammock
550 cord and tarp
Food and drink
Fleece sleeping bag (literally a thin fleece blanket that has a zipper so it's a 'bag', about 10" long, 5-6" dia.)
Change of clothes
Little led lantern
Flashlight or 2
If there's one thing I've seen, it's that if you have a gear list and setup that works for you, rock it! The key is just getting out there! :)

So true. I'm so lucky to have a beautiful little state park not five miles from my house. I'd post pictures, but the amount I'd have to crop them to hit file size would ruin 'em. It's so nice having the option, that when the mood strikes, I can just get away for the evening/afternoon/weekend.

us Offline bayoublade

Little bit of gear lists
Reply #32 on: August 15, 2015, 02:53:04 AM

Cheap hammock
550 cord and tarp
Food and drink
Change of clothes
Little led lantern
Flashlight or 2

So true. I'm so lucky to have a beautiful little state park not five miles from my house. I'd post pictures, but the amount I'd have to crop them to hit file size would ruin 'em. It's so nice having the option, that when the mood strikes, I can just get away for the evening/afternoon/weekend.
I am a bit envious. I live in south Louisiana. The closest state park to camp is nearly two hours away. We do have a couple closer options... But our weather is such that if we try to camp between the months of April and mid November ... We run the risk of asphyxiation in our tents ;-)

us Offline SAKnight

• 5.0 HO
Reply #33 on: August 15, 2015, 02:58:54 AM
I can only imagine! It's also nice, because for the last two years of high school, I applied and got into an outdoor program, where we'd have about twenty kids each year, and we'd have class outside. One day a week was spent at the state park, so I've got plenty of memories, and know the land well, which is nice, because should anything happen, I can get to the entrance in the dark with no light.

us Offline bayoublade

Reply #34 on: August 15, 2015, 06:48:08 AM

I can only imagine! It's also nice, because for the last two years of high school, I applied and got into an outdoor program, where we'd have about twenty kids each year, and we'd have class outside. One day a week was spent at the state park, so I've got plenty of memories, and know the land well, which is nice, because should anything happen, I can get to the entrance in the dark with no light.
Now that's what I'm talking about. A regular hiking get-away that's easily accessible and familiar! Yes please!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD