Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Big ups to Kershaw.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Big ups to Kershaw.
on: April 18, 2015, 01:09:32 AM
   No I did not send anything in for warranty or just bought something new from them. I am just reflecting on my Kershaw purchases in the past.
   I personally think they are doing everything right when it comes to the blade business. Excellent customer service. Excellent products. Excellent prices. Their fit and finish is top notch and second to only Victorinox in the price range. I have consistently experienced better fit and finish on their knives compared to..... well.... all other knife brands excluding SAK's. The fit and finish on their $30 knives are comparable if not exceeding the fit and finish of $100+ knives from other well known manufacturers. What I wan't to know is how can Kershaw produce excellent knives and customer service and turn a profit while other manufacturers are raising prices and quality and quality control drops. What is Kershaw doing? Whatever it is I like it and they deserve a lot more praise then they get in my opinion.
   Good job Kershaw! I just hope you guys stay on this path and do not stray into the seedy underworld of terrible quality control and inflated prices. 
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 01:10:41 AM by captain spaulding »
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Re: Big ups to Kershaw.
Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 01:17:42 AM
   No I did not send anything in for warranty or just bought something new from them. I am just reflecting on my Kershaw purchases in the past.
   I personally think they are doing everything right when it comes to the blade business. Excellent customer service. Excellent products. Excellent prices. Their fit and finish is top notch and second to only Victorinox in the price range. I have consistently experienced better fit and finish on their knives compared to..... well.... all other knife brands excluding SAK's. The fit and finish on their $30 knives are comparable if not exceeding the fit and finish of $100+ knives from other well known manufacturers. What I wan't to know is how can Kershaw produce excellent knives and customer service and turn a profit while other manufacturers are raising prices and quality and quality control drops. What is Kershaw doing? Whatever it is I like it and they deserve a lot more praise then they get in my opinion.
   Good job Kershaw! I just hope you guys stay on this path and do not stray into the seedy underworld of terrible quality control and inflated prices.

Do you mind me asking what you have by them?
I'm a total legend..... in my own mind- Herley

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 01:24:52 AM

Do you mind me asking what you have by them?

I only own a few at the moment. CQC-4K, Cryo, Starter, and possibly a few others. They are in storage so I am not sure the current Kershaw inventory, but its not a lot. I am thinking of adding a Cryo II. I am also wanting a CQC-4K XL when it is released.
   Not including these I have owned probably 10 other Kershaws and all have been great. Even in the $15-$20 price range.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 01:26:13 AM by captain spaulding »
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 01:26:49 AM
Just curious, the only ones I have are from their christmas special so I know they aren't as good as the regulars. But I'm constantly tempted by them.
I'm a total legend..... in my own mind- Herley

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 07:54:14 AM
Same here. Everything always looks good. Quality seems excellent.

Not to mention they are probably one of the best knife companies at updating social media and interacting with the public.

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 07:59:01 AM
Same here. Everything always looks good. Quality seems excellent.

Not to mention they are probably one of the best knife companies at updating social media and interacting with the public.

I do not use social media so I had no idea, but its just another thing that shows the people running the show over their really know how to please their customers as well as bring in new ones. All around a great company as far as I can see.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 08:00:57 AM
Definetly.

I really like how they don't really come out with one model and then leave it.

They come out with one model, then come out with quite a few versions of that same model!

Gives the buyer plenty of options.

Not to mention, I think they own Zero Tolerance?

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 08:26:10 AM
Definetly.

I really like how they don't really come out with one model and then leave it.

They come out with one model, then come out with quite a few versions of that same model!

Gives the buyer plenty of options.

Not to mention, I think they own Zero Tolerance?

Exactly. They really listen to customer feedback and actually act on it. Just off the top of my head the Cryo was a bit small for people and everyone let them know that. Not even a year later they come out with the larger Cryo II. This is not a lone event either. Their are countless examples of this. They take customer feedback on existing knives and actually build what people want. I wish Leatherman would follow suit with their company as it seems they are going in the opposite direction in every way.

Yes they own ZT. 
I'm the milk man!

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #8 on: April 18, 2015, 04:06:36 PM
Kerahaw is awesome :tu: .  The Scallion has been the knife I always seem to return to as EDC, no matter what else I own.  I did have one slight issue with their CS a while back, they'd sent me the wrong part to my Thermite.  They took care of the mistake quickly.
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline Yalius

Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 09:12:45 AM
I'm biased. Kershaw / KAI is definitely my go-to company for knives. I'm about half an hour from the factory so I don't even mail things in for the free sharpening service or spare parts. And they're most generous-- last year at the factory sale I walked out with a free 0561 and my wife got a free Shun Premier. 'Course, we had to camp out overnight to get those... but we're going back again this year, too. I've currently got... about a hundred Kershaws, three ZTs and 10 Shuns, and they're worth more than every penny.

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #10 on: April 22, 2015, 09:18:02 AM
I'm biased. Kershaw / KAI is definitely my go-to company for knives. I'm about half an hour from the factory so I don't even mail things in for the free sharpening service or spare parts. And they're most generous-- last year at the factory sale I walked out with a free 0561 and my wife got a free Shun Premier. 'Course, we had to camp out overnight to get those... but we're going back again this year, too. I've currently got... about a hundred Kershaws, three ZTs and 10 Shuns, and they're worth more than every penny.

Very cool. I'm still using my Shun pairing knife and its great.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline 3F

Reply #11 on: April 22, 2015, 09:50:36 AM
Huuuuuuuuuuuuuge fan of Kershaw!  I was a fan even before they selected me to review knives for one year in 2012.  Still a huge fan.  My favorite EDC is the Cryo.

Raising prices is just a matter of greed....nothing else. Good Lord knows everybody is having them made overseas for pennies.....just the same as Kershaw. 

za Offline shark_za

• No Life Club
  • woes oke
Reply #12 on: April 24, 2015, 05:15:50 PM
I like my CQC-6K quite a lot.
Things like warranty and support mean very little in Africa but quality shines through.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #13 on: April 24, 2015, 06:09:45 PM
Price/Quality/Value is different for us all but I'd agree Kershaw does a great job.  I have a few that see carry time. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline buck

Reply #14 on: May 08, 2015, 03:03:02 PM

When I was at the Walmart super store, I took a leek.  A black washed one that is.  They couldn't locate the box and the display was all they had so she gave me a great deal on that and a Leatherman Wingman.  I think I gave like fifty bucks for the pair.
PM me if you want one of my kidneys for your SOG TiNi multitool.

OK, both my kidneys.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD