Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

[SOLD] FS: Spyderco FRN Native

us Offline Joe58

[SOLD] FS: Spyderco FRN Native
on: April 20, 2015, 01:17:33 PM
Selling a Native that is very good used condition. No marks on the handle or blade. Good edge. Little paint wear on the pocket clip nuts from removing it to adjust the tension. Blade locks up solid, with a tiny bit of up & down movement if you force it. No side to side. I've never noticed it till now as I was going over it before posting the ad. I'm not the first owner but you can tell it has not seen much use. I only have the knife. No box or anything.

Price includes shipping and PayPal fees. Inconus sales please. Not looking to trade. Knife will be cross posted so be sure to post you'll take it in the thread and then PM me for the pp address to use.

$52.25 shipped......

Spyderco Native FRN

blade length   3.125"
blade steel   CPM S30V
length closed   3.938"
cutting edge   2.625"
weight   2.65 oz
blade thickness   .125"
handle material   FRN

Engineered for the human hand, the Native's ergonomic design maximizes cutting ability while minimizing discomfort and fatigue. This model is all about combining performance and comfort. Since the portion of the knife most in contact with the user is the handle, that became key while the model was in initial development on the drawing table.

We've created a handle pattern with two separate finger choils. The first choil (where the blade and handle meet) allow positioning the index finger closer to the knife's sharpened edge for control over the cutting surface. Behind the first choil, the second positions the hand farther back on the folder for dexterous cutting while pushing the blade away from you. Bi-Directional Texturing molded into the FRN handle form varying levels of steps minimizing forward or backward sliding.

Carved out of the locking lever is a David Boye Dent insuring the lock remains safely engaged even when gripping the handle forcefully. A section of non-sharpened serrations line the blade's spine yield an additional slip resistant point for the thumb. The blade itself is hollow-ground CPM S30V steel with a weight reducing swedge ground from the spine. A black steel tip-up clip can be placed ambidextrously.

Made in Golden, Colorado U.S.A. Earth
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 95.78 KB)
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 91.63 KB)
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 128.65 KB)
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 154.71 KB)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 10:14:44 PM by enki_ck »
🇨🇭

us Offline Joe58

Re: FS: Spyderco FRN Native
Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 01:18:20 PM
Couple more....
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 138.56 KB)
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 117.49 KB)
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 145.91 KB)
🇨🇭

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: FS: Spyderco FRN Native
Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 04:48:14 PM
Good luck with the sale Joe  :tu:.

Just wanted to say the Native is a great knife.  I have the fully serrated version and the form factor on the Native is terrific.  It is one of my favorites due to it being very easy to carry and use.  It seems like the right size for nearly everything you need a knife for and the steel is not shabby either  :tu:     
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Joe58

sold
Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 10:10:48 PM
Knife is sold....thanks
🇨🇭

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: [SOLD] FS: Spyderco FRN Native
Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 10:32:30 PM
I'm good! Congrats.
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Joe58

Re: [SOLD] FS: Spyderco FRN Native
Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 10:41:37 PM
I'm good! Congrats.

Thanks Aloha...appreciate the good words.

In the current Spyderco lineup, the Native is likely my favorite. Although I like the 5 blade shape better. Wish the knife was a little thinner up and down wise though. But it's not too bad.

Very good slicer with the FFG. When I do decide to carry a pocket clipped knife, I often will grab the Native. The LW Native 5 I just got too weighs next to nothing compared to the G10 but still feels fairly tough.

More often than not, I'm usually just good with my alox compliment on board anymore though. Lol. But still like quite a few different types of sharps.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 10:43:36 PM by Joe58 »
🇨🇭

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69