Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Mercury is a class act and here's why...

us Offline scattergun13

• No Life Club
  • Wanna give blood? Run from my K9...
Mercury is a class act and here's why...
on: April 21, 2015, 04:23:48 PM
Recently I sent Mercury an item for some strange reason that I can't remember. A month or so later Merc and I were speaking and he casually and politely informed me that the item I sent him was defective and he had to have it repaired. Further still he refuses to let me pay for the repair or replacement. I wanted to openly apologize to my friend for sending him a defective item. I hope those who know me also know that I would never intentionally do that, especially to a good friend.

To his credit he still won't let me pay for any of this and that only makes his stock go up with me. He has hooked me up several times in the past and I consider him a close personal friend. I had to pry the information out of him because he had no intention of telling me at all. Sean I apologize for this and appreciate and respect the way you handled the whole situation. I hope you'll reconsider letting make up for this.

Loyalty,
Stew...
" If it was built by matt2silver then I want2buy it...

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Re: Mercury is a class act and here's why...
Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 06:20:39 PM
Stew my friend, you are the class act. 

I didn't tell you on purpose because I didn't want you to feel bad; you didn't do anything wrong!  The only reason I ended up telling you is because I sold another gift you gave me to pay for the repair parts for the Endura, and I didn't want you to ever wonder why I didn't have the BO Rebar you gave me along with it.  You don't owe me anything my friend, and if I happened to have anything extra to send your way right now I would. 

I make a point of never selling gifts unless I'm in financial straights; I usually pass gifts on to other friends if I find that I don't use them.  I just didn't want you to think I had turned around and profited from an enormous gesture of kindness from a dear friend.  The Skeletool you gave me last year is now in the pocket of a good friend of mine in Colorado, he loves it.  The only gift that I no longer have is a Swisschamp from Sawman.  He gave it to me in celebration of the birth of my little girl more than 3 years ago.  I lost it at work while moving equipment from one shop to another, and later found it in the ditch after the snow had melted.  It was mangled from being run over and I have to admit I threw it away. 

The BO rebar was a great gift, and selling it enabled me to make great use of the Spyderco endura you gave me.  It's not your fault someone sent it to you with a defect.   I love that knife and carry it every waking hour.  It's in my pocket now, I just finished cleaning some tape goo off it from yesterday.  It's a gift I will cherish, and I thank you for it.  I have a SS Rebar that I carry along with it, so I'm not missing out! 

For those of you on the forum that have not yet dealt with Stew, I encourage you to do so.  In fact, if anyone wants to send him some goodies I have his address.  I have made a lot of friends on this site in my 5 years here, and Stew tops the list along with Sawman, Mr. Whippy, Grant, Jerseydevil, and a few others that have shown me more kindness than I feel I deserve.

Stew is the Man, and I am honored that he calls me friend. 

us Offline scattergun13

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 06:29:25 PM
Thank you for that Sean and thank you for coming up with the solution whether you realize it or not. I have a brand new SwissChamp that is now yours. I bought 2 of them and Sawman has the other one. Or that's the one he gifted to you. Either way this is important and I love the irony here. It was supposed to work out this way.

Now send me your address please so we can replace that SwissChamp brother. :twak: :pok:

Loyalty,
Stew...

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 06:44:19 PM
You beat me to it!  I was just typing another response in this thread!

I have always been thoroughly torqued at myself for leaving that swisschamp on the trailer when I was done loading that machine.  It was a cherry knife, and was one of two gifts that Sawman sent me in congrats for my Daughter being born.   I won't tell you the other, he already replaced it after some jackwagon at work borrowed it and bent the blade. 

If anything, send Sawman more SAK's!!  The guy deserves'em!

To clarify for all of you, Stew RAK'ed me a Spyderco Endura with black FRN handles, and a BO rebar.  He did this because he's awesome and I had sold most of my collection as a result of some extenuating circumstances after my relocation to Texas.  What he didn't know was that the guy that sent him the Endura in the first place had sent him a broken knife.  The backspring block in the handle was cracked so the knife was kinda loose.  Since I'm kind of cash strapped until I sell my house I decided to sell the Rebar he gave me(I have a SS rebar) and use the cash to pay for the parts kit to repair it, something the sale more than covered.  Now I have a sweet Endura and I'm thrilled.   

I don't hold Stew responsible for the cracked knife, the only reason I found it was the knife didn't want to stay closed.  I hold the turdmuncher who sent it to him responsible.  I won't air that name out because it won't do any good, but it's a former member here.  Stew has sent me some awesome gifts, he's helped a lot of people, and this thread should end up being about the great friend he is. 

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 06:49:19 PM
Mercury is a solid dude. I've dealt with him in the past and no complaints at all  :tu:
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

us Offline scattergun13

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 08:53:23 PM
You beat me to it!  I was just typing another response in this thread!

I have always been thoroughly torqued at myself for leaving that swisschamp on the trailer when I was done loading that machine.  It was a cherry knife, and was one of two gifts that Sawman sent me in congrats for my Daughter being born.   I won't tell you the other, he already replaced it after some jackwagon at work borrowed it and bent the blade. 

If anything, send Sawman more SAK's!!  The guy deserves'em!

To clarify for all of you, Stew RAK'ed me a Spyderco Endura with black FRN handles, and a BO rebar.  He did this because he's awesome and I had sold most of my collection as a result of some extenuating circumstances after my relocation to Texas.  What he didn't know was that the guy that sent him the Endura in the first place had sent him a broken knife.  The backspring block in the handle was cracked so the knife was kinda loose.  Since I'm kind of cash strapped until I sell my house I decided to sell the Rebar he gave me(I have a SS rebar) and use the cash to pay for the parts kit to repair it, something the sale more than covered.  Now I have a sweet Endura and I'm thrilled.   

I don't hold Stew responsible for the cracked knife, the only reason I found it was the knife didn't want to stay closed.  I hold the turdmuncher who sent it to him responsible.  I won't air that name out because it won't do any good, but it's a former member here.  Stew has sent me some awesome gifts, he's helped a lot of people, and this thread should end up being about the great friend he is.

Sean I just read this after I PM'd you, I have no words to accurately express my appreciation for your sentiment. So maybe this will get close. If you'll recall, I learned this whole RAKing thing from you and Sawman. I'm just doing what you taught me and it is a privilege.

Thank you as well for setting the record straight with the forum on how this whole thing went down. My word and my reputation is all I have and I'm already not known for my expediency when it comes to getting to the Post Office. :rofl:

One SwissChamp with matching Red Nano coming right up Sir. Hug your daughter from me and Beau.

Loyalty,
Stew...

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 09:01:03 PM
 :salute:

As for the post office, we all have trouble getting there on time sometimes!   :D

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Reply #7 on: April 21, 2015, 09:23:36 PM
We're all family here. Anything I have is yours.

Cheers fellas :cheers:
SAW

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #8 on: April 21, 2015, 09:30:15 PM
   Well I am going to join in on all the gooey feeling sharing today and say both of you are excellent members and people in general. Me and Mercury did have a slight disagreement a while back but after about half a day we both apologized and realized it was so stupid to argue about something so petty and we were good. I did not even want to bring that up, but it just goes to show how great and understanding the people here are and how the personal relationship's outweighs the material things.
   You guys mentioned Sawman. He is such a stand up guy that it is unbelievable and if anyone deserves a gift it is him. I'm not trying to take anything away from Stew and Mercury as they are both excellent guys, but I just wanted to mention how insanely generous Sawman has been to me and it seems others. He is a top notch guy.
   Anyways. I got all my feelings in for the day and will go back to being a lifeless robot.  :D
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 09:31:35 PM by captain spaulding »
I'm the milk man!

us Offline scattergun13

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: April 21, 2015, 09:46:45 PM
   Well I am going to join in on all the gooey feeling sharing today and say both of you are excellent members and people in general. Me and Mercury did have a slight disagreement a while back but after about half a day we both apologized and realized it was so stupid to argue about something so petty and we were good. I did not even want to bring that up, but it just goes to show how great and understanding the people here are and how the personal relationship's outweighs the material things.
   You guys mentioned Sawman. He is such a stand up guy that it is unbelievable and if anyone deserves a gift it is him. I'm not trying to take anything away from Stew and Mercury as they are both excellent guys, but I just wanted to mention how insanely generous Sawman has been to me and it seems others. He is a top notch guy.
   Anyways. I got all my feelings in for the day and will go back to being a lifeless robot.  :D

Hi Captain. I couldn't agree more about Sawman and about this place and these people. Finest people I've ever known. Now come here and let me give you a great big hug with a little tiny reach around... :whistle:

us Offline scattergun13

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: April 21, 2015, 09:48:31 PM
Sawman is the original RAKdaddy! :salute:

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #11 on: April 21, 2015, 10:29:39 PM

Hi Captain. I couldn't agree more about Sawman and about this place and these people. Finest people I've ever known. Now come here and let me give you a great big hug with a little tiny reach around... :whistle:

You see. This is why I don't get all sentimental with you guys. Stew thinks its a invitation to touch people.  :P :D
I'm the milk man!

us Offline scattergun13

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: April 21, 2015, 10:52:42 PM

You see. This is why I don't get all sentimental with you guys. Stew thinks its a invitation to touch people.  :P :D

It's not?... :think:

Guess I'll just keep touching myself then... :D

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #13 on: April 22, 2015, 01:43:16 AM
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks for the backup Captain Spaulding, I remember our disagreement and I use it as a benchmark on how to handle all disagreements I come across now, because that's how it's done.  I'm glad to have retained a friend in you.  I promise I won't touch you, but I might sick Stew on ya!

Sawman, dude, you da man! 

Stewy, you are hilarious.  And a little weird...   :rofl:

us Offline scattergun13

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: April 22, 2015, 02:02:38 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks for the backup Captain Spaulding, I remember our disagreement and I use it as a benchmark on how to handle all disagreements I come across now, because that's how it's done.  I'm glad to have retained a friend in you.  I promise I won't touch you, but I might sick Stew on ya!

Sawman, dude, you da man! 

Stewy, you are hilarious.  And a little weird...   :rofl:

SPANK YOU VERY MUCH!  :salute:

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #15 on: April 22, 2015, 03:17:10 AM
 :D

us Offline BASguy

Reply #16 on: April 22, 2015, 03:57:22 AM
I think I got a cavity just reading this post....Lots of bro love around here.  LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD