Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Wallet Carry for LM Tool Set

us Offline bayoublade

on: April 24, 2015, 10:08:07 PM
Not a ton of ingenuity here, but I thought it could help someone... I carry my Wave pocket clip style. I've been wanting to keep my LM Bit set and driver extender on me but don't like rocking on the belt sheath/pouch/etc options.... Then I realized I always have my wallet on me. So, I went today and purchased a new wallet long and tall enough to hold the full bit set one on top the other. Next, I clipped a zip tie to keep them together. At this point, they fit perfectly in one half of the wallet's bill holder. The head of the zip tie situated at the bottom created a semi-stop for the extender to rock in the middle fold of the wallet and not fall out. And I still have the other side of the bill holder to keep money in....... provided I stop spending $$$ on MTs ;-)
I'm sure I'm not the first to do this but thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone wanted another option for bit carry. :-) ... Sorry for the crummy pics; my phone's camera is over and done with.
uploadfromtaptalk1429905736426.jpg
* uploadfromtaptalk1429905736426.jpg (Filesize: 182.1 KB)
uploadfromtaptalk1429906063476.jpg
* uploadfromtaptalk1429906063476.jpg (Filesize: 175.45 KB)
uploadfromtaptalk1429906076877.jpg
* uploadfromtaptalk1429906076877.jpg (Filesize: 175.79 KB)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 12:21:09 AM by bayoublade »

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Re: Wallet Carry for LM Tool Set
Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 10:13:57 PM
That looks like it would be heavy.
SAW

us Offline bayoublade

Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 10:19:42 PM
A little but it's close to the weight I'm used to carrying in my wallet. For what it is, it's really not that heavy.

us Offline bayoublade

Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 10:25:00 PM
That looks like it would be heavy.

A little but it's close to the weight I'm used to carrying in my wallet. For what it is, it's really not that heavy.
But if you like slimmer feel, less stuff in the wallet ... Then yes, probably a bit too thick and heavy.

us Offline bayoublade

Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 02:27:25 AM
Not a ton of ingenuity here, but I thought it could help someone... I carry my Wave pocket clip style. I've been wanting to keep my LM Bit set and driver extender on me but don't like rocking on the belt sheath/pouch/etc options.... Then I realized I always have my wallet on me. So, I went today and purchased a new wallet long and tall enough to hold the full bit set one on top the other. Next, I clipped a zip tie to keep them together. At this point, they fit perfectly in one half of the wallet's bill holder. The head of the zip tie situated at the bottom created a semi-stop for the extender to rock in the middle fold of the wallet and not fall out. And I still have the other side of the bill holder to keep money in....... provided I stop spending $$$ on MTs ;-)
I'm sure I'm not the first to do this but thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone wanted another option for bit carry. :-) ... Sorry for the crummy pics; my phone's camera is over and done with.

UPDATE:
On the scale, with all my visa plastic, cards, $$$ etc, and tool set, the wallet is coming in at 7.8 oz... So it's still lighter than the Wave :-)

us Offline bayoublade

Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 07:46:15 AM
CONTINUING UPDATE:
Been carrying the toolset wallet rig for almost four days... Haven't noticed it at all. Been working really well. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 12:15:50 AM
Good to hear it's working for you. :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline bayoublade

Reply #7 on: May 01, 2015, 07:53:35 PM
Had to assemble a chair in my office last night... Guess what tool/available tool rig got used instead of the little bent tool they give you in the packaging?...
uploadfromtaptalk1430502785246.jpg
* uploadfromtaptalk1430502785246.jpg (Filesize: 182.29 KB)

us Offline bayoublade

Reply #8 on: August 01, 2015, 09:24:28 PM
UPDATE: The kit is continuing to be a comfortable, functional part of my EDC system. As I've added a Rebar to the collection, the wallet carry kit has expanded... added the removable bit driver to the fold for the days I carry the Rebar.

I was also given a wallet made from Salmon as a gift from my father after a trip to Alaska. This new wallet holds the kit stupendously!

« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 09:27:11 PM by bayoublade »

us Offline bayoublade

Reply #9 on: November 21, 2015, 05:06:49 AM
I now have a third LM, the Signal, utilizing a bit driver, so I now have three reasons to keep rocking the rig. It's holding up quite nicely. Had to do a slim wallet for a few days this month and I gotta say, I actually missed my wallet rig.

us Offline JBW1

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: November 21, 2015, 06:59:43 PM
i really like the idea!

us Offline bayoublade

Reply #11 on: November 21, 2015, 07:01:06 PM

i really like the idea!
I love carrying it. Some original comments said they thought it looked heavy; and obviously it isn't as light as carrying a money clip wallet, but it's worked really well for me.

us Offline JBW1

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: November 21, 2015, 07:40:09 PM
Well i like that you already carry a wallet, and found a way to make it functional for your tools.
Im going to see if i can do the same thing. Thanks for the idea man! ive been carrying everything in this lm sheath in my front pocket for quite a few months and like it ok, but to cut down on things in my pockets would be nice.
WIN_20151121_110134.JPG
* WIN_20151121_110134.JPG (Filesize: 40.1 KB)

* WIN_20151121_110237.JPG (Filesize: 22.78 KB)

* WIN_20151121_110148.JPG (Filesize: 19.94 KB)

us Offline bayoublade

Reply #13 on: November 21, 2015, 07:44:25 PM

Well i like that you already carry a wallet, and found a way to make it functional for your tools.
Im going to see if i can do the same thing. Thanks for the idea man! ive been carrying everything in this lm sheath in my front pocket for quite a few months and like it ok, but to cut down on things in my pockets would be nice.
That's awesome! It took me a few tries to find a wallet that fit the gear just to my liking but once I did, it's been great. Most standard sized bi-folds I tried were a little tight; if you can find one whose leather is really soft it'll break in over time... But the best bet is to look for one that's a tad larger. My first one that worked before my current one was a Nike golf wallet. (Pictured in the original post) That one worked pretty good until my father gave me my new wallet that fits even better.
When I was originally looking for a wallet, I brought my LM gear into the stores and made sure things fit haha! I was gonna make certain!

us Offline bayoublade

Reply #14 on: October 08, 2016, 10:05:53 PM
Got the Charge Ti from NKlamerus today... his Surge should have gotten there today... but it looks like hurricane Matthew has put a wrinkle in that plan :-(
Found this post in the way back machine, so just thought I'd check if you ever made a wallet carry work for you.

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: October 10, 2016, 05:14:48 AM
it's close to the weight I'm used to carrying in my wallet.
Cant hide money, folks! ;)

us Offline bayoublade

Reply #16 on: October 10, 2016, 05:24:02 AM
it's close to the weight I'm used to carrying in my wallet.
Cant hide money, folks! ;)
:) I WISH I had 7ish oz of cash in there!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD