Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Decided to give the new Ironman a try

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Decided to give the new Ironman a try
on: April 25, 2015, 09:14:15 PM
While taking a stroll down the watch isle in Target yesterday I spotted the latest 30 lap Ironman, model T5K822. Not a completely new design, it definitely shares the characteristics of previous models. I spent about 10 or so minutes playing with its features and decided to take the gamble and bought it. One thing I had observed in the store was some smart-ass had set the timer to 1 second on repeat, so I put a fresh CR2025 battery in it as soon as I got it home.

Much to my delight, it was so much easier to remove and replace the strap than on previous designs. The battery is secured by a tiny screw, which made for an easy change out.

It wears very comfortably on my wrist and its buttons seem to be placed for easy ergonomic access. I won't list all its features but I am quite impressed with what is available on this watch. I have not felt a need to view the instructions, as it is pretty easy to figure out. It has a very loud chime/beep to it and the illumination is great.

Now for its size, I'm still getting used to wearing such a small watch. I had been used to Invictas and CASIO G-shocks for the longest time. I will say its numbers are big and the time is easily seen.

Overall, while I haven't been a big fan of Timex in the past, I'm impressed with this particular model. IMO, they've definitely made great strides on their Ironman compared to past versions. :tu:
SAW

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Decided to give the new Ironman a try
Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 02:15:28 AM
I had one of the old ones with the two buttons on the front in the late 80's or early 90's and it was a great watch.   I'm looking forward to hearing if the new ones are as good as the old ones.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

no Offline Grathr

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 06:17:36 AM
Congrats on the new watch! I have no idea how the new Ironman looks though.
We need to see some pics!  :D

Sent from a device made from star dust using tapatalk
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 06:54:23 AM
Used to also wear Ironman watches 90's when I was cycling and swimming daily.  I recall going thru straps a lot but otherwise it was a good watch. 
Esse Quam Videri

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 07:02:50 AM
I think the new 2 button one looks very similar to the original one.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%