Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Man bag

Grathr · 57 · 5496

Offline Crocker

Re: Man bag
Reply #30 on: May 24, 2015, 03:30:35 PM
Tilley shoulder bag these days. Canvas with leather trim and reinforcements. Decently made though I may get a handle added like an old worn Beaver canoe bag I have.

Yesterday it did a cottage trip with phone, rope, snacks, drink, knife, wallet, glasses, etc. Other times it's simply equipped to run errands. Carried one since high school which was 40 years ago. Standard part of my life.

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #31 on: May 24, 2015, 06:39:13 PM
I like your bag a lot. It looks like the one I carried for seven years, from High School's last years and through all medical school. It was very similar, OD canvas my mother washed with chlorine, full with artwork I made myself (mainly Hard Rock and Heavy Metal group logos) and pins of Deep Purple. If I find it I'll post a pic. Now I always carry Victorinox bags.

I'd love to see a picture of that.

I carry an old black repo of a German mountain pack - very worn now but I can get everything I need for a day out in it. I've had it about 15 years now.
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #32 on: May 24, 2015, 08:12:58 PM
This used to be my EDC and around the farm bag. It's a storm spotting bag these days with binos, scanner, camera, cell. weather field guide and note pad. Had it about 25 years. It's some kind of old European gas mask or bread bag. About 20 years ago, I had my leather guy put an AK sling on it as a shoulder strap...it's riveted into the leather bottom. Although, suffering from dry rot in spots, it still has a lot of life left.

- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #33 on: May 25, 2015, 01:02:33 AM
That looks excellent mate. :cheers:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #34 on: May 25, 2015, 01:06:44 AM
Tilley shoulder bag these days. Canvas with leather trim and reinforcements. Decently made though I may get a handle added like an old worn Beaver canoe bag I have.

Yesterday it did a cottage trip with phone, rope, snacks, drink, knife, wallet, glasses, etc. Other times it's simply equipped to run errands. Carried one since high school which was 40 years ago. Standard part of my life.

Wow, they're not cheap!  Good looking bag though. :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #35 on: May 25, 2015, 01:11:47 AM
That looks excellent mate. :cheers:

Thank you Gareth!  :salute:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
  • An Alox SAK Made Me Do It!
Reply #36 on: May 25, 2015, 04:10:31 AM

Wow, they're not cheap!  Good looking bag though. :tu:

Fossil makes some that aren't quite as expensive http://www.fossil.com/en_US/shop/men/bag_styles/city.html?parent_category_rn=331249&departmentCategoryId=331209

Could be the Tilley are better quality (don't know)

us Offline Neko2

• I have too many and not enough.
Reply #37 on: May 25, 2015, 04:27:38 AM
I've carried this backpack to and from work with me everyday for over 10 years.

http://www.ful.com/details.cfm?name=Overton

I didn't think it would last this long but it still looks mostly new.

I have a couple single strap messenger bags for my laptop, art supplies and a bug out bag but since the backpack has held up I stuck with it.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 04:29:56 AM by Neko2 »

no Offline Grathr

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #38 on: May 25, 2015, 05:42:54 AM

Id love to see a picture of that!

I like your bag a lot. It looks like the one I carried for seven years, from High School's last years and through all medical school. It was very similar, OD canvas my mother washed with chlorine, full with artwork I made myself (mainly Hard Rock and Heavy Metal group logos) and pins of Deep Purple. If I find it I'll post a pic. Now I always carry Victorinox bags.

I'd love to see a picture of that.

I carry an old black repo of a German mountain pack - very worn now but I can get everything I need for a day out in it. I've had it about 15 years now

Id love to se a pic of both Kkokkolis and your bag :)

This used to be my EDC and around the farm bag. It's a storm spotting bag these days with binos, scanner, camera, cell. weather field guide and note pad. Had it about 25 years. It's some kind of old European gas mask or bread bag. About 20 years ago, I had my leather guy put an AK sling on it as a shoulder strap...it's riveted into the leather bottom. Although, suffering from dry rot in spots, it still has a lot of life left.

(Image removed from quote.)

That looks like a very nice set up :tu:

I've carried this backpack to and from work with me everyday for over 10 years.

http://www.ful.com/details.cfm?name=Overton

I didn't think it would last this long but it still looks mostly new.

I have a couple single strap messenger bags for my laptop, art supplies and a bug out bag but since the backpack has held up I stuck with it.

Thats impressive for a$40 pack!

Sent from a device made from star dust using tapatalk
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

Offline Crocker

Reply #39 on: May 25, 2015, 06:39:39 PM
http://www.leevalley.com/en/garden/page.aspx?p=72339&cat=2,2260

I prefer this one. Less fear of losing it. LOL!

us Offline Simian

Reply #40 on: May 26, 2015, 04:07:55 AM
I posted this earlier. I got into the habit when my kids were young, now it's just an everyday thing. I have several...

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #41 on: May 26, 2015, 04:17:12 AM
I posted this earlier. I got into the habit when my kids were young, now it's just an everyday thing. I have several...

Love the staff!
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #42 on: May 26, 2015, 09:15:17 AM
Id love to se a pic of both Kkokkolis and your bag :)

I'm going to my mother's house today and I hope I'll find my old bag from University there.

Nowadays I have 6 Victorinox bags (1 briefcase for work, 2 backpacks for travels, 2 monoslings for leisure, 1 mini backpack with ratcheting system for leisure as well) and one Swiss Military backpack (outdoors). Most can be seen on my EDC and SDC thread. The one I mostly carry in when not working is the following, about a decade old and still going strong.

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
Reply #43 on: May 26, 2015, 06:59:03 PM
Any of you guys try the Hazard 4 Kato? Apparently has quite a following over at EDCforums: http://edcforums.com/threads/hazard-4-kato-messenger-picture-heavy.91815/

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #44 on: May 28, 2015, 08:14:44 PM
Any of you guys try the Hazard 4 Kato? Apparently has quite a following over at EDCforums: http://edcforums.com/thre...nger-picture-heavy.91815/

I've got the M.O.D. messenger which I use as a briefcase. I'm very impressed with it. I have been looking at the Kato
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
Reply #45 on: May 28, 2015, 09:50:57 PM
Any of you guys try the Hazard 4 Kato? Apparently has quite a following over at EDCforums: http://edcforums.com/thre...nger-picture-heavy.91815/

I've got the M.O.D. messenger which I use as a briefcase. I'm very impressed with it. I have been looking at the Kato

Well, I decided to take the plunge and give it a shot. And partially I want to try it because it is a messenger bag style, whereas my MOAB 6 and Maxpedition Jumbo tend to stand out more as something different from what everyone else uses.

gb Offline Weasel

• No Life Club
Reply #46 on: May 29, 2015, 04:53:17 PM

That is a cool looking bag buddy :salute:
Weasel

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #47 on: June 05, 2015, 05:44:57 PM
Thank you Weas!! Wish I could find another. Had 2 spares put back but the fire got 'em....  :(
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

us Offline BASguy

Reply #48 on: June 06, 2015, 01:45:14 AM

Thank you Weas!! Wish I could find another. Had 2 spares put back but the fire got 'em....  :(

I've got extras if you are interested

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

us Offline powernoodle

Reply #49 on: June 06, 2015, 05:18:26 AM
Maxpedition Tactical Operator laptop bag for me.

I used that one for a long time, but switched to a Maxpedition Mongo.  Same concept.  I never EDC the thing, as that's not my style, but keep it in my vehicle, take it to church, when taking my mother to a hospital visit, etc.  Mostly carry stuff like convenience items, phone battery charger, FAK, etc.  I like the Tactical Operator, Mongo, etc., because they fly below the radar and don't attract attention.  No zombie skull patches, paracord, etc.

gb Offline Weasel

• No Life Club
Reply #50 on: June 06, 2015, 02:12:25 PM

That's a shame buddy :salute:
Weasel

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #51 on: June 17, 2015, 02:22:58 PM
I carry a leather posable bag I made from a kit when I shoot my black powder revolvers. It holds powder, balls and grease wads. I carry a 1858 Remington cross draw on a belt. A 1851 Colt reversed in the belt on my right side and a 1849 31 cal Colt hideout tucked the back  for good measure.
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #52 on: July 26, 2015, 05:38:56 PM
This thread is a little aged, but I couldn't resist throwing in my setup;
EoxnYvW.jpg
* EoxnYvW.jpg (Filesize: 523.88 KB)

no Offline Grathr

Reply #53 on: July 26, 2015, 05:40:27 PM

This thread is a little aged, but I couldn't resist throwing in my setup;

Nice setup! :tu:

Sent from a device made from star dust using tapatalk
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #54 on: July 26, 2015, 05:45:24 PM
Looks good to me mate :)

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #55 on: July 26, 2015, 06:07:06 PM
Nice setup, mines pretty much the same thing, just the flashlight and water bottle holder flip flopped,
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #56 on: July 26, 2015, 06:31:44 PM

I've got extras if you are interested

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just saw this sorry!!!!!!

Thanks BASguy but on thinking about it, I'm going replace it with nylon or leather (Like a "possibles bag"). 
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24