Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

VACATION ANYONE?

us Offline rescue4500

VACATION ANYONE?
on: May 01, 2015, 09:06:53 PM
im so ready for my vacation.. Im taking the whole family to Gatlinburg TN to do some hiking and relaxing in the hot tub...And maybe even have a few drinks.. :drink: I haven't had a vacation since me and my wife took a hiking trip to Beech Mountain NC last October and let me tell you im so ready for it... which leads to a question... Where are you taking vacation this year?
If you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all. -Unknown Author

us Offline ColoSwiss

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: VACATION ANYONE?
Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 03:24:59 AM
im so ready for my vacation.. Im taking the whole family to Gatlinburg TN to do some hiking and relaxing in the hot tub...And maybe even have a few drinks.. :drink: I haven't had a vacation since me and my wife took a hiking trip to Beech Mountain NC last October and let me tell you im so ready for it... which leads to a question... Where are you taking vacation this year?

Don't forget to check out Smoky Mountain Knife Works in Sevierville, NC. Probably the biggest knife shop in the country. The basement is full of kitchen utensils for the wife.   :D

I was in New Zealand this spring. Had a great time! 

IMG_6123.JPG
* IMG_6123.JPG (Filesize: 158.8 KB)

us Offline detron

• Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 03:28:41 AM
this year I get my ultimate vacation wish!

the wife and kids are leaving town for Pigeon Forge TN,  and I get to stay home and do whatever I want!!    I will be off of work, enjoying a stay-cation
If I can help, let me know 

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 03:34:34 AM

Cade's Cove?
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

us Offline rescue4500

Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 03:51:01 AM
Possibly just depends I.Wanna go. To the NOC and to the day hiker store while I'm up there
If you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all. -Unknown Author

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 06:36:11 AM
I live in a terrific vacation spot so I try to "vacation" as often as I can.  I take quick trips to the mountains, beach, or just stay home.  I need frequent and regular time away from work mostly because I could work 7 days a week and for what?

Have a blast. 
Esse Quam Videri

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015, 12:14:46 PM
I recently got back from my first proper holiday in 15 years, a Mediterranean cruise. I went on a Gaudi tour in Barcelona (a couple of the old boys on the ship got pickpocketted and lost all their cash and cards). A helicopter flight over the French Riviera was the highlight for me at Monte Carlo, but I walked around the F1 course too. They were just setting out barriers and seating in certain areas.

I should point out at this stage that I was warned that the Bay of Biscay could get quite excitable, but in the Med itself, it would be like a millpond. We had a Force 7 going over the Bay of Biscay, which seemed to have a lot of people absent from the dining rooms, but sailing from Barcelona to Monaco we had in excess of a Force 12 hurricane. A Force 12 is winds of 63 knots, but we actually had winds of 85 knots across the beam  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

Next up was Rome, a coach took us to the currently scaffold bound Trevi fountain and from there we walked up to the Colloseum, then were taken for a 3 course lunch before exploring the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St Peters Basilica and exiting into the main square. Very touristy, but aside from the hoardes of beggars everywhere that descended upon you if you stood still for more than 5 seconds, it was very enjoyable.

Palma de Mallorca was a free day (no excursions planned) and took a walk around the town and had some rather excellent tapas for lunch. Gibraltar saw a up to the top of the rock via cable car, a look around St Michaels cave and the siege tunnels. At Lisbon I went to the Oceanarium and had a quick city tour, and at Vigo I stopped on board ship as I hadn't had much in the way of sleep the night before  :whistle:

All in all an excellent experience.

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015, 12:33:05 PM
Well, living on a farm (and working in town) means a lot of my vacation time is farm time.  I like it that way, but often, I'm exhausted when I get back to work.  :ahhh

us Offline rescue4500

Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 07:31:35 PM
well I went to the smokey mountain knife works on my vacation and spend 83 dollars haha but we had a blast up there.

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 07:45:17 PM
I'm off for a vacation of sorts in a few weeks... to Halifax, where our esteemed boss man Grant is.

There are likely to be shenanigans... if he's not too busy at work...
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #10 on: May 27, 2015, 07:55:51 PM
I'm desperately hoping there are no large scale industrial accidents this time.

I'm hoping to take a couple of weeks in the fall (September maybe) to go visit family in Ontario again.  The last vacation I had a couple of years ago was spent up there and I'd really like to go again.  Two days of driving each way is a bit exhausting though, but so worth it!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #11 on: May 27, 2015, 08:17:01 PM
Now I'm gonna sound weird, but hopefully nowhere, lol. I work part-time (and that's maybe why I don't get that tired) and I kinda love my job and whenever I *have to* go on vacation, I mostly hate the fact, lol.

I'm one of those people who can't wait for Monday to come so that they go to work :D "one of those people", I said. Are there any others like this? lol

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #12 on: May 27, 2015, 10:25:38 PM
In July we will be heading for ...  :D

us Offline ColoSwiss

Reply #13 on: May 27, 2015, 11:22:06 PM
I recently got back from my first proper holiday in 15 years, a Mediterranean cruise. I went on a Gaudi tour in Barcelona (a couple of the old boys on the ship got pickpocketted and lost all their cash and cards). A helicopter flight over the French Riviera was the highlight for me at Monte Carlo, but I walked around the F1 course too. They were just setting out barriers and seating in certain areas.

I should point out at this stage that I was warned that the Bay of Biscay could get quite excitable, but in the Med itself, it would be like a millpond. We had a Force 7 going over the Bay of Biscay, which seemed to have a lot of people absent from the dining rooms, but sailing from Barcelona to Monaco we had in excess of a Force 12 hurricane. A Force 12 is winds of 63 knots, but we actually had winds of 85 knots across the beam  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

Next up was Rome, a coach took us to the currently scaffold bound Trevi fountain and from there we walked up to the Colloseum, then were taken for a 3 course lunch before exploring the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St Peters Basilica and exiting into the main square. Very touristy, but aside from the hoardes of beggars everywhere that descended upon you if you stood still for more than 5 seconds, it was very enjoyable.

Palma de Mallorca was a free day (no excursions planned) and took a walk around the town and had some rather excellent tapas for lunch. Gibraltar saw a up to the top of the rock via cable car, a look around St Michaels cave and the siege tunnels. At Lisbon I went to the Oceanarium and had a quick city tour, and at Vigo I stopped on board ship as I hadn't had much in the way of sleep the night before  :whistle:

All in all an excellent experience.

Sounds like you had a great time! Missed this earlier, and was meaning to ask you how it went.

:cheers:

us Offline ColoSwiss

Reply #14 on: May 27, 2015, 11:22:57 PM
In July we will be heading for ...  :D

(Image removed from quote.)

Have fun and enjoy the scenery as well as the shops!  :cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!