Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Bluntnose Diesel....

Demel · 19 · 2493

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Bluntnose Diesel....
on: May 02, 2015, 03:28:10 AM
I want it. Gerber NEEDS to make this tool  :drool:  :drool:  :drool: :drool:  :gimme: :gimme: :gimme: :gimme:  :woohoo:  :woohoo:  :woohoo:  :woohoo: :woohoo: 
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Re: Bluntnose Diesel....
Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 02:15:07 PM
You should be able to put either the Diesel Toolset in an MP 600 or put a bluntnose head in a Diesel, apart from the lock tabs and slides of the head, they are not really different.

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 03:10:40 PM
You should be able to put either the Diesel Toolset in an MP 600 or put a bluntnose head in a Diesel, apart from the lock tabs and slides of the head, they are not really different.
I looked at them and they look different. The tool set in a 600 would be the other option. Do they transfer over smoothly?
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 07:20:16 PM
I have not measured the inside width of both,so maybe you need thinner/thicker or less/more washers but the tools themself have the same pivot size and design (I have a Diesel blade in my EDC 600). The hardest part is opening teh screws on a MP 600 without damaging them. The recessed side is the screw head, the other is a post fixed by a specially formed hole (shamrock like hole in the handle).
The heads are constructed a bit differently, so tweaking might be necessary to swap one in the other.

What tools of the diesel would you like to have in a MP 600?

This is my EDC MP600

It carries MP 600, Diesel and Evo tools

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 10:05:04 PM
Good question. Now that I'm thinking about it, I would like to drop the file for the scissors. I don't use the drivers much so they can stay as is. I guess a bn 600 with scissors instead of the file would be nice too. I don't mind having a saw and file on a mt, but I rarely use them.

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 10:05:31 PM
Very nice setup you got there. Did you do it yourself?

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015, 10:45:56 PM
Yes, I did do that myself.
I have taken a MP 600 Scout and replaced it´s blade with the Diesel blade and added the small screwdriver with package opener. I had only space for can or bottle opener, so I took the doublefunction tool out ov an EVO/Suspension.

I liek the metal/fiamond file, scissors and awl that teh Scout had. I would love a nice, long plain edge and short serrated blade, but heve yet to find one I can make fit.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #7 on: June 01, 2015, 01:28:14 PM
Stew has honoured by letting me post some pics for him since they are doing some kind techno voodoo the computers.

Nate
That's us mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline scattergun13

• No Life Club
  • Wanna give blood? Run from my K9...
Reply #8 on: June 01, 2015, 02:05:12 PM
Thanks again Nate. The second to last pic is a BN Diesel that I did myself and I have one in BO that I did as well. It completely changes the Dynamics and cool factor of this already awesome tool. I think the 600's and the Diesel are very much underrated tools and deserving of a closer look from anyone considering purchasing either. I also own plenty of SOGs, Leathermans, Vic's and others. To each his own but the Gerbers certainly have their place and with the exception of my SOGs and Swisstool Spirits I have BN'd all of them. I feel that it increases the plier head strength and makes them less susceptible to torque when twisting heavy wire or other simar tasks.

Stew...
" If it was built by matt2silver then I want2buy it...

us Offline buck

Reply #9 on: June 02, 2015, 02:44:01 PM
What tools and bits did you use to cut that tough nose with?

I wonder if one cut down a BO how one might blacken the end?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 02:46:27 PM by buck »
PM me if you want one of my kidneys for your SOG TiNi multitool.

OK, both my kidneys.

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: June 02, 2015, 04:42:10 PM

It looks like the factory blunt nose head from gerber. I don't think he cut those down

us Offline scattergun13

• No Life Club
  • Wanna give blood? Run from my K9...
Reply #11 on: June 02, 2015, 06:09:07 PM

The Diesel shown laying across my Maxped tool kit was cut down on a wheel grinder. Took about 5 minutes. The BO Diesel was done the same way and there was no discoloring but on other BO tools I have just used a black Sharpie marker to touch it up. The Silver/Black tool is a 600 Pro Scout and they are factory plier heads. Very easy mod and the black version has the Silver plier head and looks equally as cool.

Stew...
" If it was built by matt2silver then I want2buy it...

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: June 02, 2015, 11:23:55 PM

The Diesel shown laying across my Maxped tool kit was cut down on a wheel grinder. Took about 5 minutes. The BO Diesel was done the same way and there was no discoloring but on other BO tools I have just used a black Sharpie marker to touch it up. The Silver/Black tool is a 600 Pro Scout and they are factory plier heads. Very easy mod and the black version has the Silver plier head and looks equally as cool.

Stew...
My mistake. I thought I was looking at a 600 :facepalm: anyway great job :tu:

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #13 on: June 10, 2015, 11:02:40 PM
Here is another pic or two of a Diesel that Stew did...

Looks awesome to me! Nice work Stew!

Nate
That's us mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #14 on: June 10, 2015, 11:17:22 PM
Here is another pic or two of a Diesel that Stew did...
(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)
Looks awesome to me! Nice work Stew!

Nate
That's us mobile

That top should say GLADIATOR, has a better ring to it.  :D

00 Offline cool123

Reply #15 on: June 11, 2015, 07:48:57 AM
I can suggest with simliar multi tool like Bluntnose diesel in the form of Gerber Needlenose which looks like this:

I found this at LINK REMOVED
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 02:15:58 PM by zoidberg »
If I need to pick some good EDC tools.
Then I would take my love leatherman multi tool wave and a flash light. Other are just a waste !!!

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: June 11, 2015, 04:43:32 PM
Great work on all the mods, my only gripe is that the Diesel needle nose are thinner than the 600 bluntnose. I like the thickness of the 600. Has anyone filed the edges of the Diesel down to fit the bluntnose pliers in?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: June 16, 2015, 03:48:47 AM
Has gerber announced a BN Diesel yet?

00 Offline cool123

Reply #18 on: June 25, 2015, 08:13:54 AM
Has gerber announced a BN Diesel yet?

I think you have to wait a little bit for your favourite one.
If I need to pick some good EDC tools.
Then I would take my love leatherman multi tool wave and a flash light. Other are just a waste !!!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%