Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

A big Thank you to BlueDot, Captain Spaulding and Cody Jacota

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Thank you first to the Captain for selling such a nice knife and my first Spydie and mostly thank you BlueDot for paying and taking the trouble to reship it to me to Romania.

So I don't open another thread, thank you Cody for sending me this nice Opinel Junior when you hearddmy baby is on the way.. very nice and thoughtful of you...
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Not sure how I missed this, but I am glad it finally arrived and you are happy with it. How are you getting along with it?
I'm the milk man!

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Absolutely love it. It's in my pocket right now... :P kicked the Swisschamp or Spirit out of edc for main carry.
I cleaned it up and oiled it a bit and it's a joy to open and close. It just feels perfect in the hand , perfect size, weight and grip, great jimping and finger choil as well as a great blade shape (thought I'd hate the satin but I love it).
I changed the angle to a hair-splitting 15-ish degree and have a strop on its way just for it. Ow by the way, it takes a wicked edge, as a big gash in my thumb can testify.
Definately on the Spyderco team now... I only carry it, a Tinker and a Manager.

On the minus side:
It looks really scary... people freaked out about the Tinker, for this one I had two colleagues threaten me with a Police report (it's technically legal carry but...). I try to flick it as little as possible and without too many people around... might have to switch to something smaller for work edc.
Smooth closing + linerlock = auchie fingers... haven't slashed myself yet closing it but...
Clip is too high... I really wanted low carry as it's a bit too visible now and combining with the paranoia around me...  :-\
Steel is not amazing... I had to resharpen it after two weeks of random cutting and it developed a few small spots which WD40 cleared right away.
Worst thing is the China marking... I don't have anything against China-made products, but people look at it, play with with admiratively, then see China on the blade and go.. pah... cheapo junk/knockoff.

In short it's by far my favourite knife, as it's an amazing cutter with great opening and perfect ergonomics and it opened up my appetite for a higher grade Spydie... something with better steel, back/compression lock and no silly China marking... maybe a Delica or a Paramilitary if I can find a great deal.

PS: Shipping two ways to here cost me an arm and a leg, but here in the shop a Tenacious can only be found in one shop in Bucharest and sells for about 150 USD so still was far far cheaper than buying locally...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 07:17:43 AM by Corwyn »
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Really glad to hear it.  :tu: Trying a higher end Spydie sounds like its right up you ally.
I'm the milk man!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD