Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What non tool-ish thing to get for my B-Day

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
What non tool-ish thing to get for my B-Day
on: May 14, 2015, 07:44:26 AM
I have all the main tools/knives and flashlights that I really wanted and I'm saving for the diaper fund, but I'd still want to get myself a gift for my birthday... somewhere in the 25-40 Euro range including shipping. Must be in Europe (don't feel like waiting for 4 months for my shiny again) and preferably not a tool. It can be new or used, as long as it's in decent condition.

I am thinking:
Non-tool: Wenger Trolley Case, Wenger wallet, Vic/Wenger Watch, Strop+paste set, LiPo battery charger, Cream turned-leather jacket, military water bottle kit...
Tool (something shiny): Damascus axe, SOG TiNi, Bowie (Muela, Nieto, maybe a Damascus custom), Kershaw Rainbow, SwissClip, Vic Class (Blue Mist, Romanian Flag, Edelweiss etc.)
Or I skip it and get something for the diaper fund: Toy SAK, Stroller

Suggestions, links or offers are all welcome  :P
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 07:46:01 AM by Corwyn »
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Re: What non tool-ish thing to get for my B-Day
Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 08:05:15 AM
Maybe a watch, a book, a power tool, whiskey...
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 08:18:26 AM
I would say a new flashlight or a watch. Which ever you would use more.
I'm the milk man!

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 08:22:20 AM

Books I had two rooms full (I actually sold two trunk full of books) and I tend to mostly read ebooks nowadays.
Powertools I'd rather not.. I have two left hands and I already managed to mangle two fingers this week...
Whiskey... neeh... not into it... I received 4 bottles at my wedding and ended up regifting all  :P
Flashlights might be nice but I already have 7 and honestly in 90% of cases I use the Vic Manager light ...

Watches is a great idea... even though I usually only carry my Casio Edifice (which I adore), I'd really like something with a Swiss Cross on it though: Victorinox/Wenger/Swiss Army/Swiss Military ... problem is here are a ton of fakes and I don't really know how to tell them apart... Any way of getting a genuine, pretty one in my price-range?

PS: A Wagner pen might be nice too, but can't find any in EU EBay...
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 08:25:19 AM by Corwyn »
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 08:52:52 AM
cigars, a RC toy, a meat mincer, a mixer, a young lady, a camera, some DVDs, a tent, a printer, shoes, clothes....

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 08:55:24 AM

Books I had two rooms full (I actually sold two trunk full of books) and I tend to mostly read ebooks nowadays.
Powertools I'd rather not.. I have two left hands and I already managed to mangle two fingers this week...
Whiskey... neeh... not into it... I received 4 bottles at my wedding and ended up regifting all  :P
Flashlights might be nice but I already have 7 and honestly in 90% of cases I use the Vic Manager light ...

Watches is a great idea... even though I usually only carry my Casio Edifice (which I adore), I'd really like something with a Swiss Cross on it though: Victorinox/Wenger/Swiss Army/Swiss Military ... problem is here are a ton of fakes and I don't really know how to tell them apart... Any way of getting a genuine, pretty one in my price-range?

PS: A Wagner pen might be nice too, but can't find any in EU EBay...

Possibly if you buy it used, but even then I doubt you will find a Victorinox or Wenger watch in your price range.
I'm the milk man!

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 09:06:56 AM
cigars, a RC toy, a meat mincer, a mixer, a young lady, a camera, some DVDs, a tent, a printer, shoes, clothes....
Hehe...

cigars - not smoking, a RC toy - I got 2 drones on Easter, a meat mincer - eh?, a mixer - eh?, a young lady - For those pennies I'd get half an hour at most, but that goes on the special budget anyway  ;), a camera - using the work one, some DVDs - I'm in Eastern Europe, we pirate everything, a tent - have one, a printer - using work one, shoes - got a pair on a bargain last month, clothes - hmmm... any chance of ones with the white cross on them?  :P ....

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #7 on: May 14, 2015, 09:11:01 AM
maybe some game of thrones poster or special edition item..

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: May 14, 2015, 09:13:54 AM
maybe some game of thrones poster or special edition item..
Life-size Daenerys action figure?  ::)

PS: you guys reckon this is legit? Seems a bit cheap to me: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WENGER-SWISSGEAR-17IN-EXTENDING-BRIEFCASE-TROLLEY-WHEEL-ROLLER-CABIN-CASE-BAG-/151561795542?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2349c977d6

us Offline getahl

Reply #9 on: May 14, 2015, 09:06:06 PM
Work out equipment? I'm looking at the WEST suspension system, similar to TRX, one quarter the price.

bg Offline N_N_R

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #10 on: May 14, 2015, 09:16:50 PM
Ok, on my favorite fashion I'll again first post and then read....so you mentioned a wallet, that's a great idea, I love them  :gimme:

maybe something by saddleback leather or negotiation?

or my other fave, silver or gold bar...a tiny one fit this price, but still :D

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
  • An Alox SAK Made Me Do It!
Reply #11 on: May 14, 2015, 11:32:58 PM
An EDC bag that will let you carry some of your favorite tools around with you :)

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: May 15, 2015, 12:10:08 PM
So... finally found something I really like and need and might stretch to afford: http://www.swissgear.de/WengerSTONEHIDEScheintascheausLeder_p930_x2.htm
Unfortunately it seems to be out of stock everywhere.  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Do you guys know a shop that might have it?
I'm looking for the Wenger Stonehide Wallet with over 10,5 cm in height (to fit my ID Card) and hopefully a coin pouch.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #13 on: May 15, 2015, 12:14:48 PM
You can get this with your money

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belomo-Diamond-Loupe-Triplet-Magnifying/dp/B00EXPWU8S

Excellent quality, perfect optics. You can examine your knives' edges and your tools' condition, among other things.

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: May 15, 2015, 08:40:41 PM
Okie guys got a Wenger W23-23 Arizona Black Wallet. With discount it came to 46 Euros so only a wee bit overbudget. Most importantly it's big enough that my silly huge Romanian ID card will fit. Cross fingers it's as nice as it seems.

Thnk you all for your suggestions.

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #15 on: May 15, 2015, 08:51:56 PM
The wallet looks awesome  :gimme: Do post real pics of it later  :drool:

Iiii know the problem with documents of weird sizes  :twak:

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #16 on: May 21, 2015, 06:00:53 AM
Looks like a quality wallet. Hope it works out and everything fits like you need it to.  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: May 28, 2015, 11:19:32 PM
It got here on Monday. Not quite the fancy colour in the picture, but the quality is just flawless: perfect stitching, nice smooth leather, pefectly cut and cured, the coinbag bellows perfectly setup, great embossing, great lining on the inside and perfect fit for my id card, cards, coins and office punchcard + car paperwork.

le edit: after a week of use, the edges softened up and it slimmed down and the colour faded a bit to the greyish-worn look in the original photo.. me likey it more and more.

PS: As the German sellers were very nice, gave me a ton of photos to check that I am fine with the colour and gave me a 10 Euro discount for first purchase they deserve a bit of publicity: http://leder-discounter.de/HERSTELLER---SERIEN-Wenger-W2323--Wenger-Geldboerse-Hochformat-ARIZONA-Diverse-Farben/a47047455_u4211_z67aebf88-56a2-4eaa-b08e-ea2138eac5b0/

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%