Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What's your favorite carry combo?

buck · 66 · 4638

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Re: What's your favorite carry combo?
Reply #60 on: November 27, 2015, 02:07:55 AM
Things are all rather fluid here, as I'm still rejigging stuff, and slowly clearing out the surplus. That said, here's how things are currently looking as regards combos at the minute:

Urban Combos:
Sideclip & Orig. Outdoorsman or Mega84
MP426 & Byrd Tern or traditional slipjoint
KF4 & Climber Small

Fully Loaded Combos:
Spirit X or RT & CT34
25th Anniversary Wave & Brian

All the above are upgradable with appropriate bit sets and adaptors (Vic bit wrench in the case of the Spirit)

Specific Tasks/Locations
Grab Bag: TurboDiesel & Wings Slipit
Toolbag: DEsTroyer, S60 Powerlock & Schrade LC6
Bike: Switchplier 2.0 & Joseph Rodgers Camper
Car: BG Strata Pack & CT41 in SOS Kit
Formal/Ultralight: Alox Rambler & Style PS
Outdoors: Fuse-ilier, Case Scout Jr, Vagnino Zipslip or HiViz Mora
Keys: Manager, Dime, & Utilikey
Work: Neutered Octane and EAB

Like I say, this is all transitional, doesn't include everything, and I'm working on getting the inventory down somewhat

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #61 on: November 27, 2015, 06:22:19 AM
Things are all rather fluid here, as I'm still rejigging stuff, and slowly clearing out the surplus. That said, here's how things are currently looking as regards combos at the minute:

Urban Combos:
Sideclip & Orig. Outdoorsman or Mega84
MP426 & Byrd Tern or traditional slipjoint
KF4 & Climber Small

Fully Loaded Combos:
Spirit X or RT & CT34
25th Anniversary Wave & Brian

All the above are upgradable with appropriate bit sets and adaptors (Vic bit wrench in the case of the Spirit)

Specific Tasks/Locations
Grab Bag: TurboDiesel & Wings Slipit
Toolbag: DEsTroyer, S60 Powerlock & Schrade LC6
Bike: Switchplier 2.0 & Joseph Rodgers Camper
Car: BG Strata Pack & CT41 in SOS Kit
Formal/Ultralight: Alox Rambler & Style PS
Outdoors: Fuse-ilier, Case Scout Jr, Vagnino Zipslip or HiViz Mora
Keys: Manager, Dime, & Utilikey
Work: Neutered Octane and EAB

Like I say, this is all transitional, doesn't include everything, and I'm working on getting the inventory down somewhat

That is some list. It is always best to continue to change set ups to see what may work. Also life situations can dictate that as well.
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #62 on: November 27, 2015, 06:29:57 AM
For light weight carry my current favorite is my PST II and Farmer

(Image removed from quote.)

For more heavy duty carry my favorite is ST200 and a Rat one

(Image removed from quote.)

I also carry a Micra on my keychain.
Don't know how I missed this. Great pics and combos steve  :woohoo:
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

us Offline charlie fox

Reply #63 on: November 27, 2015, 01:00:16 PM
Mine changes frequently but usually consists of a large folder and a SAK of some flavor depending on what I'm doing. Lately it's been my ZT0566 and Vic Classic. If I'm going to be out for awhile I'll add my Wave to my belt.
"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #64 on: November 27, 2015, 01:29:32 PM

That is some list. It is always best to continue to change set ups to see what may work. Also life situations can dictate that as well.

For me, a combo is not set in stone, for is a means of ensuring you have a balanced carry approach. It's a ready proven pairing that saves leaving the house in the morning, and realising you haven't got anything with scissors, or a Phillips, or whatever. Here's some more of the logic behind my list:

I don't always carry a full loadout, and sometimes just grab a SAK or even just rely on what is on my keys. Having combos built up and sited in strategic positions, helps me address any surprise challenges that arise

Aside from what is on my keys, there are 5 combos listed. The "Fully Loaded" options as for when I would be justified in carrying a locking blade, and can pretty much handle anything that turns up. The role of the SAK is not just to compliment the tool, but also be a "friendly" alternative to the main tool at any point during the day, as well as allowing for a nut to be held and a screw turned at the same time.

On the urban carries, the MP426 comes to the fore if I expect pliers to be a focus for the day ahead. It just needs a knife to finish off the package. The Sideclip is actually a tagalong to the Original Outdoorsman or Mega84 in case the primary tool (SAK) hasn't got what's needed. The KF4 combo is the same - I expect a Climber small will see me through the day, but at least I have something that can offer a range of complimentary functions should there be any surprises. I'm gradually refining a CS4 too, hoping that can become good enough for a single tool carry solution for urban days

I think all these combos (carried or stowed) offer a good balance of function, minimum duplication, and certainly in the case of the urban carries, are compact enough for comfortable pocket carry

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #65 on: November 27, 2015, 01:57:49 PM
I don't have a lot of tools to mix and match, but this is my usual combo and suits me ok;
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD