Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

alox greed: no bounds?

buck · 33 · 2277

gb Offline Dr Gonzo

Re: alox greed: no bounds?
Reply #30 on: May 28, 2015, 06:33:16 PM
I started collecting Alox in about 2007 and was getting some great deals from Tim at felinevet who was the only source of collectible Alox at the time, but within the space of a short time prices flew up because of "Flippers" who would buy cheap from Tim and put it on the bay for silly money...they always sold as well...so Tim had to increase his prices to make as much as he could for the charity, which is all good with me as I love kitty cats :D
So because of how the Alox market was developing I decided to sell my collection and sold all for as close to what I paid for them...some people got great deals from me on rare pieces :salute:
I just have users now but still have the Alox "sickness" and keep up with what's going on...it's gotten worse for price hikes in the last couple of years and the "Flippers" are still making a killing on the limited runs but I think it's only a matter of time before Victorinox start releasing more of the colored runs making the limited ones that collectors have paid a lot for worth less.
Example...SwissBianco did a limited run Black Alox Farmer and now you can get them from Italy for a decent price thereby making the limited run not so limited anymore ;)
I can't help feeling that some collectors are being ripped off just to make their collection whole and if they ever sold they would be lucky to get what they paid >:(
I miss the days of scoring mint vintage Farmers, Harvesters etc for £35 each and the time eBay sold knives in the UK and had red/blue farmers for £20 each :ahhh
Still wish I had kept a blue Farmer as a user...oh and maybe one of the black oxide Pioneers :gimme: 
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #31 on: May 28, 2015, 09:55:30 PM
Theres even a star trek TNG episode titled 'The most toys'.
 :rofl:
 :facepalm:

I remember that, DATA got kidnapped by a collector of rare items.  :rofl:

Yeah,if you look closely,DATA is next to a 72 Wenger Soldier,and a worn red OC Farmer :tu:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline Joe58

Reply #32 on: May 28, 2015, 11:23:47 PM
I got burned a bit on the black Alox w/red shield issue a bit. IIRC, they were supposed to be limited run, but now they're around for about half what I paid. I just mark it up to just my usual luck. Lol.

But it's true - Alox does seem to have become a type of rare metal. Can you incorporate it into your IRA like your silver & gold?
🇨🇭

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD