Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Spyderco poll

Corwyn · 16 · 1119

Poll

Did you ever get cut by your Spyderco?

Smurf yeah, that thing has to drink its regular dose of blood...
7 (87.5%)
I don't have a Spyderco yet, but I intend to rectify that immediately.
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Spyderco poll
on: June 01, 2015, 02:56:59 PM
Guess in which category I recently entered?  :facepalm:
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Spyderco poll
Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 02:59:18 PM
And how bad was it?  :pok:

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 04:09:39 PM

Painfull, but proud... I had just sharpened it and my finger slipped on the blade, bearly touching it - instant 5 cm gash  ::)
Bow to my sharpening skills, laugh at my clumsiness...

Funny thing is the index was already cut by a balisong trick (I'm a Bruce Li in training) and the next two fingers have black/shattered nails due to a van-door incident last month... so the only intact finger on my right hand is the pinky  :P

PS: Good thing Spyderco doesn't make balisongs or I'd have taken my finger off when doing the "trick" with a proper blade.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 04:11:11 PM by Corwyn »
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 04:29:13 PM

Painfull, but proud... I had just sharpened it and my finger slipped on the blade, bearly touching it - instant 5 cm gash  ::)
Bow to my sharpening skills, laugh at my clumsiness...

Funny thing is the index was already cut by a balisong trick (I'm a Bruce Li in training) and the next two fingers have black/shattered nails due to a van-door incident last month... so the only intact finger on my right hand is the pinky  :P

PS: Good thing Spyderco doesn't make balisongs or I'd have taken my finger off when doing the "trick" with a proper blade.

What like the Szabofly, Spyderfly and Smallfly?  ;)

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 04:36:35 PM
Good to know. I can spread fingers over the entire carpet in just one move.. heck if I'm imaginative enough, I could even poke my eye out in the same move...

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 04:58:45 PM
Well it goes without saying but I have spilt a lot of my own blood with Spydercos. The worst was my index finger. All the way to the bone. Nerve damage. I have a picture somewhere.
I'm the milk man!

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 05:13:18 PM
Well it goes without saying but I have spilt a lot of my own blood with Spydercos. The worst was my index finger. All the way to the bone. Nerve damage. I have a picture somewhere.

Auchie... mine wasn't that bad... with another knife I doubt I'd have pieced the skin too much, but on the Spydie I had just reprofiled it on the sharpest Lansky setting...

The hilarious thing is I was watching a clip by nutnfancy being cut really bad by a Tenacious 5 minutes before cutting myself  ... I gues unconsciously I was feeling left out of the club :P

za Offline shark_za

• No Life Club
  • woes oke
Reply #7 on: June 01, 2015, 09:13:09 PM
I have done this a few times
Worst I had no reason to cut the opposite hand just after sharpening.

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #8 on: June 01, 2015, 09:35:28 PM
First 5 minutes of owning my Tenacious I managed to cut my big toe. Yea I'm a dumbass...
Sage also did it's fair share of letting my blood
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #9 on: June 01, 2015, 10:07:41 PM
Every single Spyderco I've owned has bit me at least once. My Sage 2 got me within five minutes of taking it out of the box!
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #10 on: June 01, 2015, 11:15:40 PM
I'm loathed to say this and jinx myself  ::) but no, my one Spyderco and three Byrd knives have not had me running for the first aid box...

However......

As I've said dozens of times before, I only buy slipjoints, because it's always the liner locking and back locking knives that bite me  :pok: maybe those of you who seem to think locking blades are safer, should reconsider  :P :D

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #11 on: June 02, 2015, 03:08:26 AM
Oh sure, because my Trapper's never drawn blood before.  It helps with the patina. ::)
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #12 on: June 02, 2015, 03:20:10 AM
Lol!

Nate
That's us mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #13 on: June 02, 2015, 09:03:08 AM
 :rofl:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #14 on: June 02, 2015, 02:34:52 PM
Vics drew blood, Douk douk drew blood...
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #15 on: June 02, 2015, 02:47:46 PM
I haven't had a knife, SAK or multi plier that has not demanded a blood sacrifice. And its not because they folded on me either save one. That was my Super Timer. That one got me real good. All the way to the bone. The scales looked really red after that.

Nate
That's us mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66