Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Battlebots is back!

us Offline GoatDragon

• SAK 4 life
Re: Battlebots is back!
Reply #30 on: July 06, 2015, 05:39:30 AM
Check this out. If you just want to see the 10 minutes of fighting bots with out the 30 minutes of filler, go here: https://www.reddit.com/r/BattleBotsRaw.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #31 on: July 06, 2015, 09:31:45 AM
Check this out. If you just want to see the 10 minutes of fighting bots with out the 30 minutes of filler, go here: https://www.reddit.com/r/BattleBotsRaw.
Thanks, that is pretty cool... Although, I'm still hoping we can see the uncut fights at some point at least this way we don't have to listen to Chris Rose (The MMA guy is alright).
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: July 06, 2015, 09:13:17 PM
I watch the episodes on Youtube. They usually cut out all the commercials.
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #33 on: July 20, 2015, 01:10:59 PM
Episode V

Show content
Way to go Witch Doctor. That fight actually showed 2 things, Tombstone can be beaten AND even a big slab of metal can break :o
Holymoly, that big rotor broke :o

Bronco... holy cow Bronco! AWESOME!

Clamp bots are boring

Didn't like the Ghost Raptor in the first match, but now I love how they evolved. No other robot has changed that much and personally I feel Ghost Raptor is better than ever. The one trick pony ice-wave is gone.

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: July 20, 2015, 08:58:20 PM
I'll have to check out the edited fights only footage on Reddit. I can't stand the hours of useless drama and chatter they need to fill an episode  :pok:
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #35 on: July 20, 2015, 09:26:17 PM
I'll have to check out the edited fights only footage on Reddit. I can't stand the hours of useless drama and chatter they need to fill an episode  :pok:
To be honest its quite moderate, 4 fights in 42min is OK I think. It was only episode 2 that was drowned in drama that the cut the fights.

Anyway, I think its a great show, well worth watching :tu:

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #36 on: July 21, 2015, 12:05:10 AM
Finally caught up.....

Sad to see Ice Wave knocked out.

And Witch Doctor.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #37 on: July 21, 2015, 10:17:27 AM
Finally caught up.....

Sad to see Ice Wave knocked out.

And Witch Doctor.
Yeah, lots of carnage, but not surprising, its not a bot that can adapt to new challenges...

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #38 on: July 28, 2015, 10:04:44 PM
@Final

Did not see that coming... :tu:

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #39 on: July 28, 2015, 10:50:19 PM
so the final is up? damn it i'm hooked
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #40 on: July 29, 2015, 06:15:12 AM
so the final is up? damn it i'm hooked
Yeahp! Season is over.

If anyone follows their FB page they mentioned Grant from mythbusters coming back. Maybe next season?

hr Offline styx

Reply #41 on: July 29, 2015, 09:57:06 AM
I was expecting to see Jamie. On the other hand the MiT crowd just didn't sit with me somehow. Couldn't get myself excited to see their bot

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #42 on: July 29, 2015, 10:43:46 AM
I was expecting to see Jamie. On the other hand the MiT crowd just didn't sit with me somehow. Couldn't get myself excited to see their bot
Me neither... and clamp bots are commonly boooring.

What surprised me most, was how close it was in the end between the designs. In the beginning it looked like the horizontal spinners would march through (boy, I would have loved to see tombstone vs. icewave) but in the end every design showed potential and weakness.

hr Offline styx

Reply #43 on: July 29, 2015, 12:47:40 PM
Same here when it comes to Tombstone and Icewave. Although I was more going for Bronco and Ghost Raptor

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #44 on: July 29, 2015, 02:14:55 PM
Same here when it comes to Tombstone and Icewave. Although I was more going for Bronco and Ghost Raptor
I didn't like Ghost Raptor in the beginning (If the net is not in the rules, admit defeat, stop whining! And did they ever test their rotor?). But after that they stepped up and improvised. That I liked a lot (I also thought Ghost Raptor could defeat Bite Force and eventually Tombstone).

In the match against Tombstone, I thought Bronco chose the wrong strategy. A longer flipper only makes it weaker (and to succeed you need perfect timing). I think they should have added a heavy steel ram plate, preferably in a way that it can deflect the blade upwards (See Plan X minibot for reference, although I think that one is too light to work).

My Favorite was Witchdoctor. Great paint-job, great design. Although it had the only effective minibot (I mean it stopped Bronco for a second), I think they should drop it in favor of a stronger main bot. The horizontal spinner did work great against Tombstone and its armor was the strongest I believe (Bite Force was close to falling apart). Also, they need self righting!

hr Offline styx

Reply #45 on: July 29, 2015, 04:09:25 PM
I have the dumbest reason why I couldn't get behind Witchdoctor. In high school we found a battlebots simulation game and we even put together tournaments amongst ourselves. However when playing offline there were several teams and each had a few premade bots. The goal was to win some X amount of championships. The bane of our existence was a bot that was quite similar in design to the Withdoctor, although the one in the game was a flipper

hr Offline styx

Reply #46 on: June 25, 2016, 02:10:36 PM
it's back

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #47 on: June 25, 2016, 03:36:20 PM
We have enough tech and mech folks here... maybe we should put together an MTO Battlebot?

Where are they filming the show,  and who do we have in that area?   :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

bavaria Offline Tomcat_81

Reply #48 on: June 25, 2016, 04:10:40 PM
Who'd withstand the brute force of Mighty Spartan-E ?
Wall-e.jpg
* Wall-e.jpg (Filesize: 206.8 KB)
Sent from my Boconcept sofa, using the 'post'-button

Owing a beer to Whoey since 2016

hr Offline styx

Reply #49 on: June 25, 2016, 08:47:01 PM
They are filming in Cali

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #50 on: June 25, 2016, 10:02:13 PM
For those who are interested; they've been filming a new series of Robot Wars as well.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%