Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

CRKT Tactical Key

us Offline Kampfer

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tactical Desk Jockey
CRKT Tactical Key
on: December 04, 2017, 08:19:18 AM
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Re: CRKT Tactical Key
Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 09:10:11 AM
So a key disguised as a push dagger? Not only that, but it also in no way actually functions as a key. A brilliant idea I tell you! There is no way you would get neck deep in smurf if police found that on you.  :like:

:D
There is no magic therefore gadgets!

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 09:27:18 AM
It is actually a t-handle screw driver.
I only question its combat effectiveness.   

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 09:42:11 AM

Well, it is that. But I still think local policemen would not be amused if they found out I was EDC-ing one. But then again push daggers are explicitly forbidden here.  :D

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 10:03:01 AM

Well, it is that. But I still think local policemen would not be amused if they found out I was EDC-ing one. But then again push daggers are explicitly forbidden here.  :D
How about an Espada?

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 10:08:34 AM

How about an Espada?

Espada as in sword? Interestingly enough I think that older weapons (swords and such) and their reproductions are legal to own.  :D

Don't get me wrong, I like the design and all but the same thing probably makes it illegal to own in many parts of the world.  :ahhh
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 10:10:03 AM by lister »

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 10:33:16 AM
I'd rather have that on my keys than the generic hex bit key thing.
Still, the tiny amount of extra ease removing a phillips screw it would offer is not worth the fine of having it.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 04:23:03 PM

How about an Espada?

Espada as in sword? Interestingly enough I think that older weapons (swords and such) and their reproductions are legal to own.  :D

Don't get me wrong, I like the design and all but the same thing probably makes it illegal to own in many parts of the world.  :ahhh

I think he means an Espada, the Cold Steel mega-folder, not the literal translation of sword:D
This one

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #8 on: December 05, 2017, 02:50:22 AM
I think the cops around here would giggle if they saw me carrying that. "Oh, it's so cute, what's it for?"  and the like.

"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline Old Boy

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: December 05, 2017, 06:41:22 AM
Had TSA almost confiscated my CRKT eat n tool once. But when he tried to use it as a push dagger or knuckles he almost broke his finger he placed inside the round hole.

It was close though. Taught me a lesson about how it up to the discretion of the TSA or LEO on what they can or can’t do.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: December 05, 2017, 08:18:59 AM
I think the cops around here would giggle if they saw me carrying that. "Oh, it's so cute, what's it for?"  and the like.
And understandably so... however, they can still ruin your day after the giggle.

Here the law is fairly straight forward, you can put 2 fingers through, its a knuckle duster and illegal. Even something like this could give you a charge for wearing illegal arms.

Fortunately, most policemen have relatively good judgement. And unless you actually punch someone, will not make you trouble.
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: December 05, 2017, 10:11:08 AM

How about an Espada?

I think he means an Espada, the Cold Steel mega-folder, not the literal translation of sword:D
This one

(Image removed from quote.)

So that is what that thing is called. An appropriate name I would say...  :D

I don't know if that would be legal in my country. But I would like to have the big one. Not for EDC or anything useful, just because it is so ludicrously big.  :like:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #12 on: December 05, 2017, 07:44:48 PM

How about an Espada?

This one

I don't know if that would be legal in my country. But I would like to have the big one. Not for EDC or anything useful, just because it is so ludicrously big.  :like:

I have one thanks to Kampf here   :hatsoff:
yea not very EDCable or extremely practical

(unless you're Dolph Lundgren  :D

)

but definitely fun to play with,

and a beautiful piece of engineering and  :o  kind of conversation piece
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 07:45:59 PM by ThePeacent »
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #13 on: December 05, 2017, 09:09:33 PM

How about an Espada?

This one

(Image removed from quote.) )

As beautiful as a SAK or more?

waits for ThePeacent to cross the line
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #14 on: December 05, 2017, 09:35:46 PM

How about an Espada?

This one

one is beautifully, complex engineering,
the other is cool, manly kind of engineering

:whistle:
My toys:

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #15 on: December 05, 2017, 09:38:53 PM

How about an Espada?

This one

one is beautifully, complex engineering,
the other is cool, manly kind of engineering

:whistle:
Hmm... I guess that if the SAK description is the former, it's ok.  :think:

I'm not sure about the implication that a SAK is not good enough for a macho man though.. ::)

All hail the hook!

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #16 on: December 06, 2017, 01:58:49 AM
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I carry mine everyday.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 02:01:34 AM by Kampfer »

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: December 06, 2017, 10:53:43 AM
I recognised it as the knife you have. I think that I commented somewhere before that it is a folding sword? :D

So how do you edc it? A belt sheath or something of that sort? Because I don't think I would be able to actually sit down it I somehow managed to stuff it in to the pocket of my jeans...  :D

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #18 on: December 06, 2017, 11:01:10 AM
"Is that an Espada in your poc-"
No I can't do this.  :facepalm:

All hail the hook!

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #19 on: December 06, 2017, 07:07:31 PM

So how do you edc it? A belt sheath or something of that sort? Because I don't think I would be able to actually sit down it I somehow managed to stuff it in to the pocket of my jeans...  :D
I just carry it in pocket just like normal knife, it fits and it isn’t uncomfortable.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #20 on: December 06, 2017, 07:33:30 PM
I recognised it as the knife you have. I think that I commented somewhere before that it is a folding sword? :D

I carry the Large Espada quite a bit (not the XL, but the 5" blade one) and like my XL Voyager and XL Recon, it fits and clips nicely to it, effectively covering most of the knife and allowing for easy draw
far left in the pic

if it weren't by the bead-blasted coating I'd carry it much more   :salute:
My toys:

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #21 on: December 07, 2017, 12:29:18 AM
I carry mine everyday.
I lied. :P
Actually, I been carrying the Steel Talon ever since I received it two months ago.

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #22 on: December 07, 2017, 03:12:42 AM
And understandably so... however, they can still ruin your day after the giggle.

Your Millage May Vary. Or would the be You Kilometerage May Vary?  :think:

Around here, they don't care. It's just a knife. If you can buy it, you can carry it, so long as you aren't  being a smurf.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: December 08, 2017, 10:34:33 AM
I think that when I finally decide to get one of the big boy knives I'll start with spyderco paramilitary. I won't be edc-ing it, but I want it.  :D

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #24 on: December 08, 2017, 01:11:48 PM
I think that when I finally decide to get one of the big boy knives I'll start with spyderco paramilitary. I won't be edc-ing it, but I want it.  :D

well unless you're dead set on it, or in trying the compression lock, my recommendation for a first Spyderco would be a Salt/Pacific Salt in SE

- it is lighter, and gives you more blade length than the PM for the weight, also carries thinner
- H1 steel is unique to spyderco, and in SE it outputs any other steel in edge retention, ease of sharpening and toughness
- has FRN with Bi-Directional texturing, a staple in Spyderco's designs, models and a classic of the brand, unlike G10 which you find almost everywhere and in every brand out there
- it's way cheaper, even more if you buy outside of the US
- it's getting changed for 2018, so these are the last ones available with the current design (the Para 3 is so recent you'll see many many more to come, and many sprints with interesting steels, colors and combinations available. It's had at least 4 sprints since its release already!)

OFC any Spyderco is good for a "real first big folder" and you can't go wrong with the PM3, just something to consider... :salute:
My toys:

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #25 on: December 08, 2017, 05:21:02 PM

well unless you're dead set on it, or in trying the compression lock, my recommendation for a first Spyderco would be a Salt/Pacific Salt in SE

- it is lighter, and gives you more blade length than the PM for the weight, also carries thinner
- H1 steel is unique to spyderco, and in SE it outputs any other steel in edge retention, ease of sharpening and toughness
- has FRN with Bi-Directional texturing, a staple in Spyderco's designs, models and a classic of the brand, unlike G10 which you find almost everywhere and in every brand out there
- it's way cheaper, even more if you buy outside of the US
- it's getting changed for 2018, so these are the last ones available with the current design (the Para 3 is so recent you'll see many many more to come, and many sprints with interesting steels, colors and combinations available. It's had at least 4 sprints since its release already!)

OFC any Spyderco is good for a "real first big folder" and you can't go wrong with the PM3, just something to consider... :salute:

I am not set on anything. I just want it because some reviews I read. :D

The same thing happened with this neck knife:
https://www.bladehq.com/item--Real-Steel-Mini-127-Fixed-Blade--61449

I am not EDC-in it. It just stays on my desk. I really need to stop buying awesome stuff I don't need.  :facepalm:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD