Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Kidney stones suck!!!!!!!!!!

detron · 85 · 2683

us Offline detron

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tool Carrying Linux User
Kidney stones suck!!!!!!!!!!
on: June 14, 2015, 12:50:35 AM
when I was 25, I had a kidney stone.  today, 13 years later,  I had another.

this one was better because I knew what it was, and I knew I needed to get to the ER.

but it is a uniquely awful pain.

feeling better now, have not passed it yet, (1 mm only ) but the medicine has brought the pain down from "please kill me" to a "did you thump me" level
If I can help, let me know 

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Kidney stones suck!!!!!!!!!!
Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 12:56:16 AM
 :o ouch.  Good luck brother. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline powernoodle

Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 12:59:33 AM
Maybe it would make a nice lanyard bead.  Just trying to lift your spirits.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 01:01:07 AM
Maybe it would make a nice lanyard bead.  Just trying to lift your spirits.

:rofl:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline detron

Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 01:04:16 AM
this will be too small for a lanyard bead.  maybe I can shoot it from a rubber band at my boss   :rofl:

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015, 01:05:00 AM
Bad luck.  :(

Everyone could post their kidney stones to you.  :drink:
Nice big lanyard kidyard.
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

us Offline detron

Reply #6 on: June 14, 2015, 01:05:09 AM
:o ouch.  Good luck brother.

thanks man

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #7 on: June 14, 2015, 01:12:12 AM
Ouch! There not fun I've heard :(

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: June 14, 2015, 01:26:33 AM
Best of luck passing it soon. I had one ten years ago and it was extremely painful . I didn't know what it was and didn't go to the doctor and just toughed it out until it passed. I try to drink a glass of cherry juice every day which is supposed to keep them in check.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #9 on: June 14, 2015, 01:40:02 AM
Been there, know the pain. Hoping for a quick pass. Take care buddy.  :salute:

us Offline detron

Reply #10 on: June 14, 2015, 01:44:18 AM
thanks everyone.  I should be fine now.  I have meds if the pain kicks up.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #11 on: June 14, 2015, 01:44:42 AM
Damn man! Best wishes!

Nate
That's us mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #12 on: June 14, 2015, 01:50:09 AM
Welcome to the kidney stone club.  I get them every few years.  In fact, MTO was supposed to open in June but got pushed back a month because I got kidney stones and spent a lot of time in the hospital.  At the time I think I went to the hospital six times in seven days. 

It's brutal and unpleasant and people that have never had kidney stones will never understand it.  I lost 35 pounds in a month the first time I had the privilege of having them.  I suffered for about a week before they took them out using a basket.  If you don't know what that is, don't look it up.  Enjoy not knowing.

Anyways, they didn't get them all, although the doctor insisted they did and that the continuing pain was a figment of my imagination. Two weeks later I passed the last one.

You will know when you pass it. You will feel better instantly.  Tired, but much better. 

Save the stone (pee through a strainer) and bring it to your doctor.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline detron

Reply #13 on: June 14, 2015, 01:52:40 AM
Welcome to the kidney stone club.  I get them every few years.  In fact, MTO was supposed to open in June but got pushed back a month because I got kidney stones and spent a lot of time in the hospital.  At the time I think I went to the hospital six times in seven days. 

It's brutal and unpleasant and people that have never had kidney stones will never understand it.  I lost 35 pounds in a month the first time I had the privilege of having them.  I suffered for about a week before they took them out using a basket.  If you don't know what that is, don't look it up.  Enjoy not knowing.

Anyways, they didn't get them all, although the doctor insisted they did and that the continuing pain was a figment of my imagination. Two weeks later I passed the last one.

You will know when you pass it. You will feel better instantly.  Tired, but much better. 

Save the stone (pee through a strainer) and bring it to your doctor.

Def

they gave me a strainer, and I have been using it.  I agree, it is a special pain that is hard to describe to others.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #14 on: June 14, 2015, 02:00:18 AM
My wife had one and she told me she would rather give give birth again than have another stone.

Nate
That's us mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline stressmaster5000

• No Life Club
  • No PM's - just email please
Reply #15 on: June 14, 2015, 02:31:02 AM
Ouch, I feel your pain. I have had 2 over the years and the first was at home and when it passed I found it fairly easily. Looked like a okra seed, same size at least. The last one I went to hospital for meds and I never even saw it so must have been too small. The pain was not small. :ahhh

I too eat fresh cherries and drink cranberry or cherry juice as often as I can. It has helped. :pok: :pok:

Here is hoping you are feeling better soon.

us Offline detron

Reply #16 on: June 14, 2015, 02:42:01 AM
Ouch, I feel your pain. I have had 2 over the years and the first was at home and when it passed I found it fairly easily. Looked like a okra seed, same size at least. The last one I went to hospital for meds and I never even saw it so must have been too small. The pain was not small. :ahhh

I too eat fresh cherries and drink cranberry or cherry juice as often as I can. It has helped. :pok: :pok:

Here is hoping you are feeling better soon.

I will be drinking Cherry juice.  and I agree the pain level is not directly proportional to the size of the stone.

us Offline ColoSwiss

Reply #17 on: June 14, 2015, 02:47:21 AM
Been there. Done that. No desire to do it again.

Glad you're feeling better.

Depending on the composition of the stone, there are meds that help control them. There are three or four different kinds IIRC. Find out exactly what you have before you start self-medicating yourself.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 02:49:27 AM by ColoSwiss »

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #18 on: June 14, 2015, 02:48:17 AM
I'll pass along some wisdom from my father in law who got this from a 90 year old friend (long ago).  Laying down on the floor and rolling vigorously back and forth, (like a log) will help dislodge kidney stones. This was something done by rural people many years ago when no Dr was available. My FIL tried it and it worked about 10 years ago and he passed it easy.

Now don't try it if your in pain or have complications...I'm no Dr, this is simply a folk wisdom remedy that worked for my in-law.
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

us Offline detron

Reply #19 on: June 14, 2015, 02:57:03 AM
I'll pass along some wisdom from my father in law who got this from a 90 year old friend (long ago).  Laying down on the floor and rolling vigorously back and forth, (like a log) will help dislodge kidney stones. This was something done by rural people many years ago when no Dr was available. My FIL tried it and it worked about 10 years ago and he passed it easy.

Now don't try it if your in pain or have complications...I'm no Dr, this is simply a folk wisdom remedy that worked for my in-law.

believe it or not,  that is what I did, because it seemed logical while waiting on my wife to get back and take me in.

the other thing that seems to help me when the pain is high, is walking.  it only hurts 90% as bad as sitting, but also moves your body and seems to help move things along (if this is just the placebo effect, don't tell me  :rofl: )

gb Offline Philby

Reply #20 on: June 14, 2015, 03:06:02 AM

They say second only to child birth, is the pain of passing kidney stones into the bladder!!! Laser therapy helps to break them down. In the long run, drinking more water may help, but certain people have a genetic pre disposition. However, a couple more sips water a day can't help!

believe it or not,  that is what I did, because it seemed logical while waiting on my wife to get back and take me in.

the other thing that seems to help me when the pain is high, is walking.  it only hurts 90% as bad as sitting, but also moves your body and seems to help move things along (if this is just the placebo effect, don't tell me  :rofl: )

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #21 on: June 14, 2015, 03:17:40 AM

I forgot to add that you should whistle  "Yankee Doodle Dandy" as you roll....that's important because here in the south, that usually resulted in a loyal southerner kidney punching you as you roll.....probably a key point that I forgot to mention......

:D
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #22 on: June 14, 2015, 06:11:06 AM
Uhg.

Kidney stones are a perfectly acceptable and manly reason to shed tears the size of grapes along with great, big, body wracking sobs. There is no shame is shrieking like a school girl in a slasher movie with these. This isn't like being mauled by a tiger or having a chain saw change your shoe size, those are suck it up injuries.

"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #23 on: June 14, 2015, 06:28:43 AM
I feel for you Detron,I really do! First time I had them..man it was bad! I'm chronically needle phobic. On a scale of one to ten,where one is no fear,and ten is cry like a little sissy,I'm a 27!

Got to the GP,unable to stand upright,he starts explaining that he'll give me a pain killing shot and what it will do,I yelled at him just to stick to smurfing thing into me and get on with it!

Yeah,that bad!
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

Offline firefightingjosh

Reply #24 on: June 14, 2015, 06:32:15 AM
Ouch! Get well soon man!

Josh

no Offline Grathr

Reply #25 on: June 14, 2015, 06:35:50 AM
Good luck Detron!
I hope it comes out soon!

Sent from a device made from star dust using tapatalk
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #26 on: June 14, 2015, 06:40:08 AM
I hope you pass it soon my friend :tu:  I haven't had the experience yet myself, and pray I never do, but my wife did and she was in a lot of pain. 
K-Tibbs

fi Offline Crow

• No Life Club
  • Look at all those shiny sharp things.
Reply #27 on: June 14, 2015, 06:51:56 AM
 :think: sounds like something to post on "what do we have on the way" thread... :D

Hope this passes soon. Take care.

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #28 on: June 14, 2015, 07:29:58 AM
If we make this part of what he has coming, I don't want pictures. This thread is just fine without pictures.

Hope this passes soon.

Someone made the joke! Or maybe not... insomnia and translation....
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 07:33:52 AM by ironraven »
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

fi Offline Crow

• No Life Club
  • Look at all those shiny sharp things.
Reply #29 on: June 14, 2015, 07:52:44 AM
If we make this part of what he has coming, I don't want pictures. This thread is just fine without pictures.

Hope this passes soon.

Someone made the joke! Or maybe not... insomnia and translation....

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD