Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

super rare Victorinox Limited edition Damascus 2010 and 2011 for sale

Offline CLAUDIO TRAMONTANO

Hello,

I am a passionate collector, but now to me it is hard time to sell my collection.

I have for sale new and never carried:

Victorinox Damascus Pioneer limited edition 2010

Victorinox Damascus Climber limited edition 2011

pictures on request, only serious offers, shipping Worldwide, payment through paypal or bank wire. free shipping with bank wire payment.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
prices?
some pictures?   :D

Welcome  :tu:
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Hello Claudio,and welcome to the forum

Please read and adhere to our rules regarding sales. You can read them here
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,3.0.html

It would be wise to start a thread introducing yourself. People here are more likely to deal with a known person,rather than someone whose only come here to sell.

Thank you
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

bg Offline N_N_R

• Absolutely No Life Club
prices?

For a second, by only reading the title, I thought it was you again  :facepalm:

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
prices?

For a second, by only reading the title, I thought it was you again  :facepalm:

I thought it was me too. :facepalm:   :rofl:
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

Hello Claudio,and welcome to the forum

Please read and adhere to our rules regarding sales. You can read them here
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,3.0.html

It would be wise to start a thread introducing yourself. People here are more likely to deal with a known person,rather than someone whose only come here to sell.

Thank you

Hello and sorry for not having introduced myself!! I am Claudio from Rome, Italy, I am passionate about Damascus blade!!! I think that it is hard time to buy some new models, and this is why i want to sell the 2010 and 2011 Victorinox Damascus.

• [/Price of Climber Limited edition 2011 damascus is 600€li]
    Price of Pioneer Limited edition 2010 damascus is 2.000€
I will be sending pictures as soon as i will be at home!! thank you

de Offline HankSolon

• [/Price of Climber Limited edition 2011 damascus is 600€
      Price of Pioneer Limited edition 2010 damascus is 2.000€
:twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak:

I think that wasn't enough...

:twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak:

:rofl:

Why not call 3000 US$ each? They are super rare, you know?  :facepalm:[/list]
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 10:17:12 PM by HankSolon »

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
@Hank, I think your :twak: button got stuck. :whistle:

Easy on the new guy. ;) He was lead to believe those cost so much by eBay and Facebook.

@CLAUDIO

Good luck with your sales, but those prices are quite high, especially from a new member no one knows or can vouch for, without pictures of the acual knives for sale and so on. And they aren't actually THAT rare. ;)

de Offline HankSolon

You're right, there might be some .. :whistle: .. mouse errors, hitting those.. :think: .. things...  :D

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Hi mate,

Don't get scared of the feedback.

The Climber price isn't that far off really so you're in the right ballpark.
The Pioneer price feels a bit too steep to me.. to get it sold, you might want to price it closer to what the Climber is now...
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

Hello everybody and thank you for your posts. If someone has a pioneer 2010 at a cheaper price than mine, i will seriously consider buying it.

More than a guy or a buddy, i would define myself a collector. I own all the damascus series x 2.

Last pioneer has ben sold at more than 1200 usd more than a year ago, so u buddies should better update your info.

P.s. Additional pics on demand only for serious collector, as i am.

Regards
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 314.73 KB)
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 355.37 KB)
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 273.8 KB)
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 319.88 KB)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 11:05:36 PM by CLAUDIO TRAMONTANO »

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
It would be nice if you would share some pics of your collection over in the SAK sub forum.  :tu:

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

Easy on the new guy. ;) He was lead to believe those cost so much by eBay and Facebook.

@CLAUDIO

Good luck with your sales, but those prices are quite high, especially from a new member no one knows or can vouch for, without pictures of the acual knives for sale and so on. And they aren't actually THAT rare. ;)

I see...so Damascus 2010 is not so rare.... mmm...and what about the Military Set?
only 199 pieces distributed only in France and Italy. Is this enough rare mr. collector?
IMG_1375.JPG
* IMG_1375.JPG (Filesize: 202.46 KB)

us Offline Halberdier

Caludio, this should be required reading for you.

I complained that I had no hat, until I met a man who had no head.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice

@CLAUDIO

I see...so Damascus 2010 is not so rare.... mmm...and what about the Military Set?
only 199 pieces distributed only in France and Italy. Is this enough rare mr. collector?

I think enki_ck is just speaking from experience and making friendly suggestion.  This forum hosts some of the most seasonal MT collectors in the world I've seen and known, and what often amazes me most is not just their expertise on collecting all forms of tools, but their friendship and generosity towards each other.

bg Offline N_N_R

• Absolutely No Life Club
Trying to get people to give you their money + not the most humble of a tone = :twak: - stuck button

:D 

« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 05:59:11 PM by N_N_R »

Trying to get people to give you their money + not the most humble of a tone = :twak: - stuck button

:D

I am not trying to get people money, and i am sorry if i had a not humble tone.

Actually i just feel disappointed to hear from other collectors that pioneer damascus 2010 is not considered a rare piece, despite it is super rare to find around and when it happens it goes beyond 1000 usd. Just to prove i am a collector or the hardest recent pieces, i would like to know how many people who define themselves collectors are aware of the military set limited edition? Do you know which was the original price? Do you have an idea of the current quotation?

I know all this info, because i own it...so, in an humble way, who can answer my questions? Thanks.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Speaking as a moderator here,I'm going to politely say that there are people amongst us who are published authors on the subject of the Swiss Army Knife,it's history and the collecting there of. I'm glad to see you've shown us photos of your collection. You might want to have a look at some of Chako's collections,just to see the size,and depth of some collections here.

Speaking personally,while I respect those who collect limited and speSmurfpillsed pieces,I rather prefer the everyday users,the tools whose worth is told in the jobs they've done,and that carry the scars that tell those stories.

Oh,and as to the value of your set? I've no idea,but don't be coy about telling us ;)
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
The damascus 2010 I don't consider rare as it was made only 5 years ago and not in too limited numbers, 2010 of them were made. No, that's not the year again. Victorinox actually made 2010 peices of the damascus Pioneer. Many collectors here have it. Some even carry it every day and use it. ;)

Do we know about the military set? Way yes we do. :salute:

We even wrote a whole wiki page about them. And yes, we own, run and fill the www.sakwiki.com

http://www.sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Victorinox+Military+Collector+Set+2010

Original price of it was $350 when they came out.

So yes, we actually know our SAKs. ;)

Have spent years learning all of it and collecting not only knives but also information on their history.

:salute:
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 12:43:49 AM by enki_ck »

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
What amazes me are the members here, Comis is spot on with everything he said.  Many collectors here don't publish pictures of their collections and I can only imagine what amazingly RARE and dare I say one of a kind pieces they probably have.  I venture to guess the collective knowledge on MTO is rivaled only by the company founders of Victorinox, Leatherman, Gerber, SOG, etc. 

Local limited availability doesn't mean rare nor does cost of an item.  Your military Vics are pretty sweet and the ammo box is even sweeter  :tu: Congrats.       
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 01:37:06 AM by Aloha007 »
Esse Quam Videri

gb Offline VoetSak

Nice Items.

Perhaps if the sell prices are higher on eBay etc you should list there?

Frankly speaking they will ultimately fetch what the market is prepared to pay for them.

I understand that it can be frustrating to part with loved possessions at less than we feel they are worth but no amount of discussion is going to increase the price in a marketplace such as this one .

There are people here who appear to do in depth analysis on how frequently an item appears for sale and what prices have been achieved.  They share this information freely. In a way this might just be the most difficult place on earth to trade a badly priced Sak. Tough tough crowd.

Goodluck whatever you choose. And like the others said, welcome!.…...….and please show us pictures. :cheers:

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Don't get offended if we have different ideas on rare or the pricing. We've been following and collecting for years, some even decades.

Rather join the discussions, read a bit about Victorinox and Wenger in the threads we have here. We have members from all over the world with hundreds, some even over a thousand SAKs in their collections and years of experience. As a collector, you should really love and enjoy learning from them. :cheers:

For instance an ALOX knife I'd consider rare is an old pre-1961 awl Farmer.

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php?topic=50192.0

Only two seen so far that survived. And they were made in far less limited numbers than 2010.

As for current prices, if one or two Pioneers sold for a $1000, that doesn't mean they are now worth a $1000.

It just means someone two people were ready to pay that much at the time or wanted it right away and not wait for future auctions. Then people saw what the one guy got and started pricing theirs similarly. That doesn't mean they'll be able to sell them at those prices.

We have a topic dedicated to swiss army knife (SAK for short) prices in the swiss board, It's titled Crazy for a reason. :)

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Frankly speaking they will ultimately fetch what the market is prepared to pay for them.

This! ^^

Something is only worth what someone else is prepared to pay for it. Many of the collectors here will wait many years for the right item to come along at the right price. If the price is more than they are prepared to pay, they'll just wait and wait and wait.

Ebay only reaches such high prices because either two people want the same item desperately, or a friend of the seller keeps bumping the price up. Here we try to pitch the prices pretty fairly for each other, sometimes someone might list something a little too high and other times you can get things for a bargain price.

If you want to let them go to genuine collectors, then by all means list them here at a price you personally would honestly be prepared to pay if you wanted it. If however you want to make the most money possible, then put it on ebay with a high reserve (but be prepared to have to list it a few times till the right person/people come along)

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

This! ^^

Something is only worth what someone else is prepared to pay for it. Many of the collectors here will wait many years for the right item to come along at the right price. If the price is more than they are prepared to pay, they'll just wait and wait and wait.

I agree with you, but a serious collector will have not a specific price for something that is missing in an already amazing collection.

Ok 2010 pieces are not a few, but honestly the damascus collection is a cult all over the world and to me the number of lovers of this model will be growing years on years, otherwise there would be not an explanation for having the 2015 limited edition in 6000 pieces, is to say 3x more times.

About military set..if 200 is not a limited run...and how many of them in USA? Zero? It was proposed at 350€ In Italy but effectively very few were bought by private collectors because the first collectors of Victorinox in Italy are the same official sellers definitely not willing to see it...

I also think that it may not be cool or pretty enough, but a real collector to me must have something of unique...and this military set is unique enough in my own opinion.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Unique is a custom one off sak  ;) hey im just a sak user,i could never afford or want a sak that is to expensive to use,but hey thats just me,i own around 11 sak's and there all users  :salute:

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
:popcorn:

I have a cheap Buck 110 imitation, given by my Grandpa many decades ago, when I was young.  To me, that imitation Buck is priceless and one of the most valuable knife I have ever owned.  I have owned some pretty rare SAK pieces(probably never seen on ebay), but I consider it more unique and rare in every sense imaginable.

Now, if I were to put it on Ebay today, how much do you think I could price it and still find a buyer to buy it, say within a year?  Maybe 10,000 usd?  I wouldn't even start consider selling at that price...so it must sell at 9000usd like hot cakes, right?  :whistle: :think:

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!

This! ^^

I agree with you, but a serious collector will have not a specific price for something that is missing in an already amazing collection.

Maybe not, but they will have a limit (even if they do push it a little bit  :D). The other thing you have here, is that a lot of the collectors now have a network. They will talk on private message or on Facebook or on email as well as openly on the forum. They will be exchanging leads as to where stuff can be found, trading with each other, and helping each other out when times are hard by buying/selling at fair prices.

The issue with Victorinox items and multitools in general, is there are so many reasons why something could be considered collectible, and lots of other things to track down instead. For example, somone might think that if a specific item ever comes up for grabs around. $200 they'll have it (even if they have to go to $250 when the time comes), but if the item appears at $750, they'll just have a little giggle and continue to focus on their other sub-collections till that item comes up again at a better price.

Don't confuse you not been willing to let something go for less than X, as that being how much someone else is prepared to pay. If you list something and nobody takes it at that price, you need to decide if you are prepared to drop the price or keep it. I spent a lot of money on a NIB MP700 because I wanted them, and nothing else looked like it offered the same thing at the time. My tastes have now moved on, but I know for certain I cannot sell that for the price I had to pay. I don't think I'll find someone who is as determined now as I was when I bought it. I either need to keep it, or accept a loss to sell that particular item. This comes from having a rough feel for where some thing sit in the marketplace.

I couldn't specify what my thoughts are on your particular items, as I'm a user of tools, rather than someone who keeps their acquisitons pristine and locked away. My passion is using unique stuff rather than just owning unique stuff and therefore I view values somewhat differently perhaps

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

au Offline Grass

• First, we take Manhattan

False.

False.

I will report you once it is sold ;)
By the way, there is a difference between lovers and collectors....

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%