Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Anyone watch the tv show Alone? [SPOILERS!]

Aloha · 911 · 34902

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Anyone watch the tv show Alone? [SPOILERS!]
Reply #300 on: June 16, 2016, 03:57:37 AM
Haven't seen the latest yet.  I think they're not on the same day in the different countries where it is shown.

hr Offline styx

Reply #301 on: June 16, 2016, 07:14:50 AM
not sure if they are shown here. the last episode came out 6 days ago on my resource
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #302 on: June 16, 2016, 10:14:09 AM
Am I right, there was a 2 week gap between episodes?

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #303 on: June 17, 2016, 07:44:22 AM
Yes, I think there was a gap.  Probably didn't want to air a new episode during the American basketball and hockey playoffs because viewers would be watching the games.

hr Offline styx

Reply #304 on: June 17, 2016, 01:47:18 PM
yup there was a gap

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #305 on: June 17, 2016, 01:49:10 PM
Watching episode 8...

ca Offline Toolslinger

• Thread Killer 2015
  • No Life Club
  • Ser Tool the Slinger, The Tool That Rides
Reply #306 on: June 17, 2016, 04:07:42 PM
I'm up to 7. Need to get at and watch 8. Probably do that tonight.

Was a little surprised at the 2 taps in episode 7. Both contestants were doing great, until their minds got the better of them.

• No Life Club
Reply #307 on: June 17, 2016, 04:27:24 PM
As a loner, I find that fascinating because I've never had the opportunity to test how much of a loner I really am......

ca Offline Toolslinger

• Thread Killer 2015
  • No Life Club
Reply #308 on: June 17, 2016, 08:07:06 PM
Even as a loner, we still interact within a societal structure to some extent. Being truly isolated for such a long time would be an interesting psychology experiment for sure.

ca Offline JP

Reply #309 on: June 19, 2016, 03:02:46 PM
Agreed. I am not sure what Nicole will be able to do if they come sniffing around her place. She has had the food to go the distance. I was told never to prepare food at your campsite when bears are around. The island is crawling with bears though. Not sure if she has much choice. Did they show all 5 remaining contestants in the last episode?

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

ca Offline Toolslinger

• Thread Killer 2015
  • No Life Club
Reply #310 on: June 19, 2016, 10:01:16 PM
I didn't see Larry in this episode.

ca Offline Toolslinger

• Thread Killer 2015
  • No Life Club
Reply #311 on: June 19, 2016, 10:06:03 PM
Also, they only have 2 more episodes, it'll be interesting to see what takes the contestants out.

They all seem to be doing OK.

Show content
David seems to be worst off as he can't seem to get any food, yet he is mentally determined.

Nicole has plenty of food and seems quite comfortable with her location. If she can keep the bears away from her camp, she's set.

Justin seems to be in a better place mentally and physically now that he has relocated his camp after the mountain trip.

Jose just seems to keep improving his setup. The man can build (helps that he took a LM Surge).

Larry is hard to gauge. He has some anger issues and seems to fight nature instead of living with her. I had expected him to have taken himself out earlier than this.

Tough call as to who is going to last longest, but I'd say it's likely Jose followed by Nicole.

hr Offline styx

Reply #312 on: June 20, 2016, 08:31:37 AM
if Jose doesn't end up in water he'll last

• No Life Club
Reply #313 on: June 20, 2016, 10:25:33 AM
 :D
Had a bit of a moment watching the last episode.......David was talking about people watching while eating chicken thighs........and no guesses what I was eating  :rofl:

ca Offline Toolslinger

• Thread Killer 2015
  • No Life Club
Reply #314 on: June 20, 2016, 01:52:55 PM
:D
Had a bit of a moment watching the last episode.......David was talking about people watching while eating chicken thighs........and no guesses what I was eating  :rofl:

:rofl:

While he was complaining about not getting any fish, I was eating... fish. :rofl:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #315 on: June 20, 2016, 04:07:02 PM
I think Nicole is doing outstanding her knowledge of plants and luck with her net is proving key.  She really does need to be IMO more wary of those bears. 

Jose building skills are tremendous.  I'm not sure how well he's doing for food  :think:.  I thought I heard him say the Salmon run is mandatory for him which is why this boat was critical. 

Larry is hard to gauge.  His anger may propel him all the way tho  :D

Justin is another hard one to call.  I really thought after his expedition he'd tap.  What a great venue for his cause tho.  I thought he was brilliant for being on the show and often talking about his work.  What a great way to bring attention to the men and women suffering from PTSD and despair  :salute:.

I would not be surprised if Nicole outlasts everyone.  While Jose seems the likely choice luck plays a huge part.  She has a good location and plenty of fish for now.  I am taking nothing away from her determination/attitude/skills.     
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 04:15:06 PM by Aloha007 »
Esse Quam Videri

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #316 on: June 20, 2016, 04:28:24 PM
To me Nicole is in the best position for the win.  Jose has mad skills but he isnt getting much food.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

ca Offline JP

Reply #317 on: June 21, 2016, 04:58:42 PM
It does not seem like they are preserving food for the future. If there are really only two episodes left it could be a fast and furious ending.

ca Offline Toolslinger

• Thread Killer 2015
  • No Life Club
Reply #318 on: June 21, 2016, 05:23:45 PM
It's a little hard to say how much food they are getting. We haven't seen Jose, Larry or Justin much in the context of food. David is shown as struggling and Nicole is shown as having plenty of fish and wild edibles.

I think that they may start dropping once the winter storms start picking up. That was a real game-changer in the last season in terms of what contestants were able to accomplish. Alan, the winner, pretty much holed up and only went out to get food.

Depending on the stat of their shelters and access to food (or stored food), we could start seeing some pretty quick tap-outs. It also depends on how everything has been edited to fit into the episodes. It's hard to tell how much time will get covered in each.

hr Offline styx

Reply #319 on: June 25, 2016, 02:10:52 PM
4 more to go

ca Offline JP

Reply #320 on: June 27, 2016, 03:48:20 AM
They showed the boys in this past episode. Boredom got to Justin and I am not sure why they ignored Nicole.

They haven't shown how folks are settling in for the long haul.
IE smoking fish etc, splitting fire wood, winterizing shelters.

It appears that the food situation is boom and bust. Why had David waited so long to eat the Bull kelp and Dungeness crab?

hr Offline styx

Reply #321 on: June 27, 2016, 07:29:40 AM
From what has been shown he looks like a very angry and irrational person. The reality might be entirely different but he is constantly trying to impose his ideas on nature

• No Life Club
Reply #322 on: June 27, 2016, 12:43:45 PM
 :D This week everybody got a feed....almost

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #323 on: June 27, 2016, 04:11:34 PM
They showed the boys in this past episode. Boredom got to Justin and I am not sure why they ignored Nicole.

They haven't shown how folks are settling in for the long haul.
IE smoking fish etc, splitting fire wood, winterizing shelters.

It appears that the food situation is boom and bust. Why had David waited so long to eat the Bull kelp and Dungeness crab?

I know editing play a part on how we "see" what they are doing.  I did wonder exactly the same thing  :think:.  It would seem they'd all be exploiting every food opportunity. 

Justin did seem very bored.  We didn't really see how he was feeing himself or how he was getting along in camp.  It appears as tho he may have been "camping" rather than "surviving" which is about what he said upon making his decision to leave. 

In that regard I knew it was his time to go as the "test" was over.  He seems like a squared away guy and I would have like to see how far he could have gone.  Winter is coming and new challenges with it.

Nicole not being shown was interesting.  Early on she was talking about home a bit but I am not recalling her mention it recently.  It seems as tho she's at "home" in these woods.  She has a good attitude and skills to match. 

It will be very interesting to see how Jose does with his boat.  He spent a lot of time on it so I hope for his sake it pays back some. 

Esse Quam Videri

ca Offline JP

Reply #324 on: June 27, 2016, 05:28:32 PM
Ok. The Madness was episode 9 of 13. There still is a good chunk of viewing left. Yippee!

ca Offline JP

Reply #325 on: July 05, 2016, 06:28:19 AM
Another good episode. It still seems folks are trying to survive instead of the thrive. Other than Jose the men are coming across as angry. I am sure their condition and fatigue make it easy to be angry though. I hope Nicole takes care of her seal problem and eats them up.

hr Offline styx

Reply #326 on: July 05, 2016, 08:01:40 AM
Remember how the last 4 were chilled last season? A bit of difference this season, although now more are lasting about as long as last season's winner

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #327 on: July 05, 2016, 11:56:16 PM
Nicole is kicking ass.  She could be doing a show about nature camping and wild edibles while the men are barely getting by.

I think they should be allowed to meet once a week and trade.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

ca Offline JP

Reply #328 on: July 06, 2016, 12:14:25 AM
PBS had a reality show on period correct Montana Homesteading. 3 or 4 families set out. I would like to see another show like that but over a longer period of time.

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #329 on: July 06, 2016, 02:40:58 AM
PBS had a reality show on period correct Montana Homesteading. 3 or 4 families set out. I would like to see another show like that but over a longer period of time.

I remember watching that or something like it.  One guy making liquor to trade if its the one Im thinking of.  Very interesting.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20