Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Quick Test: MTs vs. Bike Break Cable

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Re: Quick Test: MTs vs. Bike Break Cable
Reply #30 on: July 02, 2015, 01:15:19 PM
I didn't test the Surge, so I can only assume it was operator error. ;)
:rofl:
Nate

SEND IT!

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #31 on: July 02, 2015, 01:20:14 PM
I didn't test the Surge, so I can only assume it was operator error. ;)
:rofl:
Ok, I have to step in here, you need to come up with a better insult, I mean seriously I have already done that:

How did the Surge go with the handle side stranded-wire cutters?  :pok:
Didn't think of that (Surge noob)

So, you have until tomorrow to come up with a better quip!
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #32 on: July 04, 2015, 11:01:46 PM
I had to cut some bike cable today and figured since the MP400 did so well in your test I would give it a try. My MP400 would not even cut and just folded in between the cutters. Complete failure. The Rebar had to finish it off and got through it, but did not perform very well either.

I'm the milk man!

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #33 on: July 04, 2015, 11:15:07 PM
I had to cut some bike cable today and figured since the MP400 did so well in your test I would give it a try. My MP400 would not even cut and just folded in between the cutters. Complete failure. The Rebar had to finish it off and got through it, but did not perform very well either.
Interesting, you having problems with the Rebar, that one worked well for me. Was yours new or well used?

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #34 on: July 04, 2015, 11:38:34 PM
Interesting, you having problems with the Rebar, that one worked well for me. Was yours new or well used?

The Rebar has seen use, but not a whole lot of pliers use. Probably the first use of the wire cutters on it. Same with the MP400.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: July 05, 2015, 03:08:50 AM
Those knipex pliers would be a great addition to my toolbox :)
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

us Offline detron

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #36 on: July 05, 2015, 04:30:59 AM
nice testing!  very informative.
If I can help, let me know 

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #37 on: July 05, 2015, 10:18:54 AM

The Rebar has seen use, but not a whole lot of pliers use. Probably the first use of the wire cutters on it. Same with the MP400.

Here is one of those silly ideas, could the Rebar and Surge issues be related to the removable wire cutters?
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #38 on: July 05, 2015, 11:11:08 AM

Here is one of those silly ideas, could the Rebar and Surge issues be related to the removable wire cutters?
Yes, no, maybe... except the Surge also had problems when using the handle side stranded-wire cutters. I hope its not the case but I suspect it might be manufacturing tolerance, that leads to this result.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%