Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Downrange Tomahawk

ca Offline JP

Re: Downrange Tomahawk
Reply #30 on: January 19, 2016, 09:48:57 PM

I like the name! :tu:
Hopefully it will never have to live up to its name.
Spoilsport... you don't want a Zombie Apocalypse?

No I dont.
I prefer fluffy bunny apocalypses. :D
A tasty threat.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

bavaria Offline Tomcat_81

Reply #31 on: January 19, 2016, 10:17:07 PM
Ask our Aussie friends about  myxomatosis ...
Sent from my Boconcept sofa, using the 'post'-button

Owing a beer to Whoey since 2016

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #32 on: February 05, 2016, 02:08:00 PM
I wanted to make an update in a while...
Recently had my stag night. My "friends" organized an post-apocalypse treasure hunt and they gave me a packing list beforehand. So, I got to use the hawk a bit (but no images).

First, let me say it worked better to chop wood than I thought. Second if the wood does not split you can always use the pry-bar to finish the splitting, granted, that is a bit tedious but for an multi-function tool acceptable.
I also used it as hammer to drive in some nails. It could be a slightly bigger hammer-head but works well. I think in combination with a flat and a pointy chisel you can take apart most things.

They also made me make fire under "difficult conditions"... but then I was prepared >:D

It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

ie Offline eamo

• No Life Club
  • I have a small selection of disparate tools
Reply #33 on: February 05, 2016, 03:10:41 PM
I wanted to make an update in a while...
Recently had my stag night. My "friends" organized an post-apocalypse treasure hunt and they gave me a packing list beforehand. So, I got to use the hawk a bit (but no images).

First, let me say it worked better to chop wood than I thought. Second if the wood does not split you can always use the pry-bar to finish the splitting, granted, that is a bit tedious but for an multi-function tool acceptable.
I also used it as hammer to drive in some nails. It could be a slightly bigger hammer-head but works well. I think in combination with a flat and a pointy chisel you can take apart most things.

They also made me make fire under "difficult conditions"... but then I was prepared >:D

(Image removed from quote.)

Congrats :tu:  thats a real cool theme too for a stag   

but . . . . .  :worthless:
It is never too late to be what you might have been - George Eliot

no Offline Grathr

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #34 on: October 29, 2016, 08:20:20 AM
So...
How is it holding up?

-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #35 on: October 29, 2016, 11:52:14 AM
So...
How is it holding up?
Well, I have to invent uses for it because I don't really need an axe...
Like I used it to cut Shashlik in half because they were too long for the pan. You can see, it is a very clean cut, including the plastic. Judging from that, it is perfect ::)

No, it holds up good, holds the edge well. Fortunately my parents have a wood oven, so I got a chance to swing it a bit. For dry wood, like you get delivered for your heating, here in Switzerland, it works very well. Challenging were the less than ideal, crooked, wood blocks (from my parents old apple tree). The wedge shape is really missed there. However, add a chisel and you are good.

The Downrange is very stiff, meaning that you absorb the shock in your arms. So, for prolonged activity it gets really uncomfortable (and gloves are a requirement, especially if you are a desk jockey like me).

Overall it is a good Zombie apocalypse tool. One part breaching tool, hammer, axe, decent melee weapon (I tried some moves, its balance is actually quite good for things like that). In a way I think the tool does exactly what it is designed for (although I'm not so certain as for whom it was designed for. I doubt many soldiers will find use for that).
hawk_01.jpg
* hawk_01.jpg (Filesize: 147.06 KB)
hawk_02.jpg
* hawk_02.jpg (Filesize: 137.01 KB)

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #36 on: October 29, 2016, 11:54:45 AM
P.S. The axe blade forms a really nice hook, that works well for disarming and hooking moves. You probably could use it as climbing aid too.

us Offline SteelRaven

• Steel is a mystical thing!!
Reply #37 on: October 29, 2016, 12:51:56 PM

I like the name! :tu:
Hopefully it will never have to live up to its name.
Spoilsport... you don't want a Zombie Apocalypse?

No I dont.
I prefer fluffy bunny apocalypses. :D
So would my boa...she could help out wit dat I GAURONTEEEE !! Of course there's always rabbit and andouille gumbo!!
"As a matter of Survival, all creatures are fair game"

Les Stroud.

no Offline Grathr

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #38 on: October 29, 2016, 01:00:54 PM
So...
How is it holding up?
Well, I have to invent uses for it because I don't really need an axe...
Like I used it to cut Shashlik in half because they were too long for the pan. You can see, it is a very clean cut, including the plastic. Judging from that, it is perfect ::)

No, it holds up good, holds the edge well. Fortunately my parents have a wood oven, so I got a chance to swing it a bit. For dry wood, like you get delivered for your heating, here in Switzerland, it works very well. Challenging were the less than ideal, crooked, wood blocks (from my parents old apple tree). The wedge shape is really missed there. However, add a chisel and you are good.

The Downrange is very stiff, meaning that you absorb the shock in your arms. So, for prolonged activity it gets really uncomfortable (and gloves are a requirement, especially if you are a desk jockey like me).

Overall it is a good Zombie apocalypse tool. One part breaching tool, hammer, axe, decent melee weapon (I tried some moves, its balance is actually quite good for things like that). In a way I think the tool does exactly what it is designed for (although I'm not so certain as for whom it was designed for. I doubt many soldiers will find use for that).

Thanks for the update! :tu:

-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%