Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My New Pocket Rocket.

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
My New Pocket Rocket.
on: July 07, 2015, 01:13:24 AM
It all started with a search to replace my nightstand light the SF M3 Combat light.After looking at many alternatives I decided on a more compact but much more powerful SF P1R Peacekeeper rechargeable.After living with this light for several days I knew I had made the right decision.

Once my wife saw how compact the P1R was,she asked for an upgrade to her nightstand light,a SF C3 Centurian .She told me that she wanted something as compact as my new light but with lower illumination.A search revealed there was an older SF Stratum that would fill her request and after receiving it she's been very happy.

Now it brings me to the topic at hand.Since I've upgraded these lights why not look for something that would work better than the SF L2,L4,E1E and the Aviator I've also owned for years.It didn't take long for me to zero in on another SF that is pocketable,powerful also possesses a lower setting for longer runtimes.

I just received this light today and so far it fits the criteria for compactness,brightness and long runtime.It is the SF EB2 Backup.

It has 500 lumens max output for approximately 2 hours and low output of 15 lumens for 46 hours.

The first pic shows the light.

The second displays the size in my hand.

The third pic shows the Backup is slightly shorter than the L2 and virtually the same size as my Aviator.

The last pic shows it's almost an inch longer than my favorite L4.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 01:16:35 AM by toolguy »
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

us Offline David

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: My New Pocket Rocket.
Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 01:19:38 AM
Cool lights TG!
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 01:38:29 AM
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 01:47:38 AM
Nice torches

Nate
That's us mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 04:38:14 AM
Nice torches

Nate
That's us mobile

Thanks DTT.

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 04:51:09 AM
Nice torches

Nate
That's us mobile

Yes, very nice! I will have to look into upgrading my lights....most of mine are ok for emergencies/power outages, but I need a blaster for when I take the dogs out at night...lot of wildlife around here.
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: July 20, 2015, 06:55:15 PM
I feel it's necessary to report the bad with the good.

This light,just after a few weeks of use,is malfunctioning.I will call Surefire and report the results to members.

us Offline David

Reply #7 on: July 20, 2015, 09:22:15 PM
Sorry your having problems. Hopefully SF will take care of you. I like SF lights.
Hold Fast

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #8 on: July 20, 2015, 09:28:04 PM
Bummer, but hopefully SF will stand by the product and sort you out.
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: July 20, 2015, 09:36:31 PM
Thank you,I have every confidence that Surefire will correct this situation to my satisfaction.

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: July 20, 2015, 10:36:12 PM
Just a quick update.

I talked to a Surefire representative and he requested that I return the light and he assured me they would repair or replace this light.

I'll keep members informed of any future status.

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Reply #11 on: July 20, 2015, 11:02:32 PM
That's a nice light. I especially like the double clip on it :tu:
SAW

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: July 20, 2015, 11:08:28 PM
That's a nice light. I especially like the double clip on it :tu:

Yes,these two way pocket clips are really useful.You may,upon closer examination,see that I put one of these clips on my L4 Lumamax.

It's really a small feature but it allows me to carry the light head-down tucked into my pocket and protected from many scrapes and bumps.

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: August 21, 2015, 02:37:08 AM
Latest update:

I received this light back from Surefire and it works perfectly.The invoice stated they replaced the tail cap.Upon inspection I noticed that the new tail cap also had a larger and stronger spring.They also supplied two fresh 123 primaries.

Thank you Surefire for your impeccable service.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #14 on: August 21, 2015, 02:42:12 AM
Good to hear.  :tu:  I don't have one myself yet however it is reassuring to know they stand behind their product.

us Offline David

Reply #15 on: August 21, 2015, 05:34:35 AM
Good news TL. I have one of the early Surefire Backup. They were single cell and only 80 lumens back then. I think I bought it in 08 but might have been 09.
Hold Fast

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: August 21, 2015, 05:18:30 PM
Good to hear.  :tu:  I don't have one myself yet however it is reassuring to know they stand behind their product.

Their customer service is second to none ZD.

Good news TL. I have one of the early Surefire Backup. They were single cell and only 80 lumens back then. I think I bought it in 08 but might have been 09.

Thanks David.

Surefire still manufactures this model with an increase in output to 200 lumens and a 40 run-time on the 5 lumen output.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%