Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What's in your wallet?

us Offline GoatDragon

• SAK 4 life
What's in your wallet?
on: July 09, 2015, 08:01:04 PM
Other than the standard stuff (cash, cards, ID, photos, etc) what do you carry in your wallet? I have found it to be an excellent place to stash small EDC items.

I just put together a wallet sized first aid kit by taking one of those little plastic "wallet windows" that comes in some wallets and cutting it down to just one pocket.

The top of the little pack is open and doesn't seal, but I slide it in the side pocket of my wallet, which covers the top and holds everything in place.

Here is what's inside:

And a close up of the little sheath that holds the tweezers and needle+thread:

Contents:
1 pair small Victorinox tweezers
1 sewing needle with thread (For sewing up clothing and gear, I don't plan on giving anyone stitches with that.)
1 small round bandage
1 medium straight bandage
1 alcohol sanitization pad
1 medical insurance card (More there to give the pouch structure than anything else, but it also fits the theme.)

This kit isn't intended to be a long term survival first aid kit. It is just there to cover minor cuts and nicks as they happen. I don't need more than one of any particular item, because I can refill it after using it when I get home.

What cool things do you carry in your wallet?

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
Re: What's in your wallet?
Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 08:15:35 PM
GREAT idea.

This doesn't fit in a wallet, but along that line of thought, when you get around to it, find the 'urban altoids survival tin' video on YouTube. It's pretty brilliant. Here's a preview:

(re. justifying Immodium tablet) I don't know about you, but any time I have diarrhea in the city, I consider it an emergency.
-Jeremy
"Well begun is half done."
-Aristotle

us Offline getahl

Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 01:06:49 AM
I've had pouches of antiseptic cream and condoms in my wallet before. They tend to dry out if not used. Now I  just keep a safety pin and a Craftsman four way driver in there

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 02:07:33 AM
Umm :think: lint? Mines got medical info, toothpicks, a few band aids.. Good idea GD, I think I'll have to get one of those myself! It would keep all the lint off of the band aids!! Lol..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 02:28:11 AM
Hey goatdragon, I took your advice and made a mini fak like yours, but with just a couple of wipes and bandaids. I just thought it was a such a great idea and that plastic will prevent the paper covers from opening on the bandaids and making them unsanitary.
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline eddie1115

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 04:44:27 AM
This is a great thread, not sure how I missed it the first time.  Anyway, in have the Bellroy Very Small, which is a zippered wallet.  So inside, aside from usual stuff, is an old card with gorilla tape and electrical wound around it, and 2 safety pins tucked under the last bit of tape.  I also have a cut down, thin zip tie, and baggie with 2 Tylenol, and a guitar pick.  In the last 6 months, I've used the everything but the electrical tape (Tylenol probably weekly).  I like the tweezers idea :tu:, I could squeeze those in.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: July 20, 2015, 07:33:48 AM
Took a pic of what I did, I don't carry much since I have a larger first aid kit normally on me at all times, but for a wallet carry these are a must..
JR

bg Offline N_N_R

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #7 on: July 20, 2015, 08:14:50 AM
Well, my wallet will be the most boring ever :D I don't carry any other stuff in it as I like it as small as possible. It's the Saddleback Leather Credit Card wallet.

us Offline GoatDragon

• SAK 4 life
Reply #8 on: July 20, 2015, 08:35:07 PM
Hey goatdragon, I took your advice and made a mini fak like yours, but with just a couple of wipes and bandaids. I just thought it was a such a great idea and that plastic will prevent the paper covers from opening on the bandaids and making them unsanitary.
JR

I was just wondering the other day if this thread inspired anyone to make one of these! I'm glad that it did!

This is a great thread, not sure how I missed it the first time.  Anyway, in have the Bellroy Very Small, which is a zippered wallet.  So inside, aside from usual stuff, is an old card with gorilla tape and electrical wound around it, and 2 safety pins tucked under the last bit of tape.  I also have a cut down, thin zip tie, and baggie with 2 Tylenol, and a guitar pick.  In the last 6 months, I've used the everything but the electrical tape (Tylenol probably weekly).  I like the tweezers idea :tu:, I could squeeze those in.

If you like the tweezers sheath, take a look at the updated version I carry now. I cleaned it up, made it a little more compact, and added a safety pin to it.

Took a pic of what I did, I don't carry much since I have a larger first aid kit normally on me at all times, but for a wallet carry these are a must..
JR

(Image removed from quote.)

You carry all those bandaids in your wallet? The whole point is for it to be thin and light so it barely adds any bulk to your wallet! To each his own I guess.  :cheers:

And to further answer my own question that started this thread, I added a fresnel lense to my wallet. It fits my criteria of being light and thing enough that it adds virtually no bulk to my wallet, yet still being useful/nifty.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 08:47:25 PM by GoatDragon »

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #9 on: July 20, 2015, 08:50:27 PM
That little thing weighs nothing, especially with a thick heavy leather wallet, there is no differance!
JR

us Offline GoatDragon

• SAK 4 life
Reply #10 on: July 20, 2015, 08:52:42 PM
That little thing weighs nothing, especially with a thick heavy leather wallet, there is no differance!
JR

I suppose it is only 6 bandaids and 2 alcohol pads. Looked like a lot more to me the way you spread it out in the photo. Nice wallet first aid kit!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #11 on: July 20, 2015, 09:10:01 PM
JR

I suppose it is only 6 bandaids and 2 alcohol pads. Looked like a lot more to me the way you spread it out in the photo. Nice wallet first aid kit!
Thanks, yeah it's three large, three smaller, and two A-pads.. Sorry, I just made a collage of three pics, rather then having to upload all three.. My iPad plays games on me, sometimes it erases what I wrote when switching to a diff screen in order to copy and paste..
JR

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #12 on: July 20, 2015, 10:24:53 PM
I know one thing that isn't in my wallet......... Enough money.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.  :D
I'm the milk man!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #13 on: July 20, 2015, 10:44:55 PM

I second that!
JR

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Reply #14 on: July 20, 2015, 10:47:40 PM

+100 !!!!  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh
SAW

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #15 on: July 21, 2015, 01:45:58 AM
Cool thread :tu:

I have two wallets I carry regularly; a slim leather wallet for when I need a wallet to have a low profile, and a bulkier nylon wallet crammed with utility for when I can carry something larger.

The nylon one has lost of useful stuff tucked away. Here's a quick summary...

Fresnel Lens
Mini notepad
Fisher Stowaway pen
3x safety pin
3x paper clip
Alcohol wipes
Plasters/band aids
Emergency/survival cue card/aide memoir

And on the back is a credit card sized zipped pocket which is crammed with a Cricket disposable lighter, vic classic, squirt P4, and a fauxton light  :D

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline GoatDragon

• SAK 4 life
Reply #16 on: July 21, 2015, 03:27:56 AM

Cool thread :tu:

I have two wallets I carry regularly; a slim leather wallet for when I need a wallet to have a low profile, and a bulkier nylon wallet crammed with utility for when I can carry something larger.

The nylon one has lost of useful stuff tucked away. Here's a quick summary...

Fresnel Lens
Mini notepad
Fisher Stowaway pen
3x safety pin
3x paper clip
Alcohol wipes
Plasters/band aids
Emergency/survival cue card/aide memoir

And on the back is a credit card sized zipped pocket which is crammed with a Cricket disposable lighter, vic classic, squirt P4, and a fauxton light  :D

Your think nylon wallet sounds cool. Can we see some pictures of how all that stuff fits in there?

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #17 on: July 21, 2015, 05:09:20 AM
Fairly normal stuff, considering that it is also an index card holder/jotter. So I've got various cards, some 9x5 trifold paper for longer notes, calender, pen, cheat sheet with addresses and such on it, couple paper clips, 2 bandaids. And a pair of 1976 quarters for the ferryman-  I tip well, and I am a heavy and complicated peice of baggage when the time comes.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: July 21, 2015, 05:53:06 PM
Capital One is in my wallet..Someone had to say it  :whistle:

Getting back to the topic, I carry a P-51 and a Craftsman 4 Way Screwdriver in my wallet.
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

us Offline GoatDragon

• SAK 4 life
Reply #19 on: July 21, 2015, 11:06:16 PM
Capital One is in my wallet..Someone had to say it  :whistle:

Getting back to the topic, I carry a P-51 and a Craftsman 4 Way Screwdriver in my wallet.

I was waiting for someone to catch that reference. It has been so long since those commercials have aired that I even forgot which company they were for!

us Offline eddie1115

• No Life Club
Reply #20 on: September 01, 2015, 09:46:40 PM
So I used some of the electrical tape, and when replacing it, I decided to follow your lead and add tweezers to the kit.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #21 on: September 01, 2015, 11:52:52 PM
Not much thanks to this place ;)

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

K-Tibbs

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #22 on: March 15, 2016, 06:16:40 PM
Bump :)

us Offline getahl

Reply #23 on: March 16, 2016, 02:42:49 AM
Just took my P38 out earlier today. Just didn't use it. I keep a safety pin there, though. I have a nylon badge holder for work that resembles a card wallet. I keep a couple band-aids in it, and a CPR mask chained to the carabiner the badge is on.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #24 on: March 16, 2016, 11:00:04 AM
I can tell you what isn't in my wallet since I joined MTO.

That's us mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #25 on: March 16, 2016, 11:22:27 AM
Two cards on each side + 4-5 bills tucked under the cards on each side. Plus the two bills you see.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #26 on: March 16, 2016, 04:44:16 PM
Just the basics, ID, couple of card, pictures of kids, little cash. 

Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD