Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Boker plus Teck tools

Essexman · 116 · 14973

us Offline TRUE LIBERTY

Re: Boker plus Teck tools
Reply #60 on: August 09, 2015, 05:04:20 PM
I've tried the scissors on mine on paper, plastic, leather, paracord and microcord, and while they're not as good as Victorinox scissors, they do work, and they're better than Leatherman Juice scissors.  And yes it does help to apply a little sideways force to prevent the blades separating as they close.

Good to know. If they ever make it usable for my needs and put a phillips head on there I will get one.

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #61 on: August 09, 2015, 05:43:12 PM
Am I the only one who sees the wine foil cutter, and thinks it seems useful for paracord and as an improvised seat belt cutter? I thought a seat belt cutter seemed natural as a pairing with the glass breaker. As a small screwdriver, it seems easy enough to place the hands only gripping the scales, i.e. keeping the fingers totally out of harms reach?

Still on the fence whether I should get one or not, so I'm only throwing out questions here...  :think:

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #62 on: August 09, 2015, 07:32:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sZL3Xqkq8I

I like these tools.

Although I can't see how the pocket clip on the number 4 tool could be useful, since the tool is far too wide to fit in a pocket in the orientation required to use the clip.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

de Offline matzesu

Reply #63 on: August 09, 2015, 07:42:29 PM
This isnt just a poket clip, its also an Beltclip, so you wouldnt need an Beltcase to carry it, just put in on your belt..

This way i often carryd my Leahtermans, or other Knifes whit Clip..

The Clip and the Blade would be nice to have, and therefore im interestet in the Techtool, but as it dosnt have Tweezers, which you often need in the wild, im stick whit my Swisstool/Böker Griploc Kombo..
But if they make a Techtool 10, whit all these Swisstools XLT Tools, and whit Canopener, i think i will jump in to the Böker..
Your SAK is only fully yours, when it bites you, or you opend a Trink of your joice whit it
SAKs i have: Huntsman Light (Red Transparent), Workchamp (Black), Wenger EvoGrip S557 (Red), Swisschamp XLT (Red Transparent)..

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Reply #64 on: August 09, 2015, 07:49:58 PM
The more I read you guy's comments, the less I like this.
SAW

de Offline matzesu

Reply #65 on: August 09, 2015, 08:02:53 PM
The Techtools looks cool, and usefull,
But i spend last yeahr about 120 € in a Swisschamp XLT, the Mother of all Swiss Army Knifes, and 80 € in a Böker Plus Griploc,
Which i booth edc the same time..

So i cant see the benefit of the techtool at the moment..

A techtool whit a loocable blade, and all tools of the swisschamp, this would be something which i would like to get me..
Your SAK is only fully yours, when it bites you, or you opend a Trink of your joice whit it
SAKs i have: Huntsman Light (Red Transparent), Workchamp (Black), Wenger EvoGrip S557 (Red), Swisschamp XLT (Red Transparent)..

gb Offline Essexman

• No Life Club
Reply #66 on: August 09, 2015, 09:48:32 PM
I can confirm that the blade is good at cutting,  bit too good?

Lucky for me my good wife was at hand with the first aid box and first aid trained.

de Offline matzesu

Reply #67 on: August 09, 2015, 09:53:58 PM
Strange, i tought a sharp blade is less dangerous than a not that sharp, because you dotnt need that much force to work whit it so its more under your controll,
But i also got bitten from my Vic XLT when i wantet to open all tools for the pictures,
But there was one of the Blades in the Middle,  i think the Prunner blade..
But it was a nice clean cut, it dit bleed a bit, but healt realy fast....

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
Reply #68 on: August 10, 2015, 06:02:21 AM
A couple things I realized, while watching that first video:

a) The scale material is FAR more durable than anything Victorinox puts out. (and nice-looking too!) The nylon with rubber inserts on the new Soldier is not bad, but the one on the Boker looks like it'd never break.

b) The scales look to be attached with temper-resistant Torx screws = easier modding or servicing. I know some of the modders who work on Alox Vics choose to replace the rivets with round-headed fasteners like that.

Vic pliers-based MTs are often criticized (compared to Leatherman and SOG, for example) for using rivets instead of fasteners that can be removed without destroying anything. It's kind of a trade off: the rivets are more permanent and durable. But using rivets just seems to make the whole product a bit more .... disposable.
-Jeremy
"Well begun is half done."
-Aristotle

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
Reply #69 on: August 10, 2015, 06:12:37 AM
Strange, i tought a sharp blade is less dangerous than a not that sharp, because you dotnt need that much force to work whit it so its more under your controll,
But i also got bitten from my Vic XLT when i wantet to open all tools for the pictures,

Sharp blades are safer when using the knife with good habits. I think we have all slipped up from time to time.

I used to tease my wife for cutting herself often. I gave her tips on how not to, which she usually ignored. I proudly told her that she should listen to me, as I haven't cut myself in years.

Of course, you know what happened next.

A couple weeks later, I was cutting apples with a plain-edged steak knife. (large paring knife) I had put the blade under the palm of the hand that was about to cut the apple in half, while that hand was holding the apple at the edges.

The only problem was that I forgot to tuck in my pinky finger of the hand that was holding the apple, and the hand was blocking the view of the finger. I was rushing a little (2nd mistake) so when I forcefully brought that blade down, it slice my pinky finger pretty well. Blood everywhere; soaked through the band-aid, etc.

Then, later that same day, I cut myself again. I don't even remember how. But what a shameful day it was! My wife reminded me how ironic it was that "the expert" (she made air quotes there) who spends all this time thinking about knives and reading knife fora cut himself twice in one day.

Karma's a bitch.  :-[
-Jeremy
"Well begun is half done."
-Aristotle

us Offline TRUE LIBERTY

Reply #70 on: August 10, 2015, 12:43:20 PM

Sharp blades are safer when using the knife with good habits. I think we have all slipped up from time to time.

I used to tease my wife for cutting herself often. I gave her tips on how not to, which she usually ignored. I proudly told her that she should listen to me, as I haven't cut myself in years.

Of course, you know what happened next.

A couple weeks later, I was cutting apples with a plain-edged steak knife. (large paring knife) I had put the blade under the palm of the hand that was about to cut the apple in half, while that hand was holding the apple at the edges.

The only problem was that I forgot to tuck in my pinky finger of the hand that was holding the apple, and the hand was blocking the view of the finger. I was rushing a little (2nd mistake) so when I forcefully brought that blade down, it slice my pinky finger pretty well. Blood everywhere; soaked through the band-aid, etc.

Then, later that same day, I cut myself again. I don't even remember how. But what a shameful day it was! My wife reminded me how ironic it was that "the expert" (she made air quotes there) who spends all this time thinking about knives and reading knife fora cut himself twice in one day.

Karma's a bitch.  :-[

That sounds familiar in all aspects of your story.

gb Offline shibafu

Reply #71 on: August 15, 2015, 02:37:45 PM
This is from the Sanrenmu web site.  Looks near identical, I'm guessing they are the OE manufacturer.  But the tool selection is a bit different.  It'll be cool if they make some different variations from the Boker ones for the Chinese home market.

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #72 on: August 15, 2015, 06:06:42 PM
Ah, the joys of having production placed in China: Competition with yourself.

no Offline Grathr

Boker plus Teck tools
Reply #73 on: August 15, 2015, 07:19:56 PM
Its already on alixpress:
http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32428090331.html?tracelog=storedetail2mobilesitedetail

Sent from a device made from star dust using tapatalk
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

us Offline TRUE LIBERTY

Reply #74 on: August 15, 2015, 09:50:23 PM
Its already on alixpress:
http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32428090331.html?tracelog=storedetail2mobilesitedetail

Sent from a device made from star dust using tapatalk

Don't think it is the same one. The above shows a Philips head. Would have had on order. You had me excited for a moment to try one.

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
  • An Alox SAK Made Me Do It!
Reply #75 on: August 15, 2015, 11:36:00 PM
I checked FastTech. Doesn't seem to be on there yet either: https://www.fasttech.com/search?sanrenmu.

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #76 on: August 16, 2015, 11:44:37 AM
I have read about more versions from the OE manufacturer in a german knife forum when searching for infos about the manufacturer of the Tech Tools.
They had teh hope BÖKER would sell some more version, too.

I still have to test if the knife is easy to disassemble - With tools from the shown Sanrenmu,I´d liek to make a slim Version for work carry.

I have not found Information wether BÖKEr came up with the design and licensed it to Sanrenmu or if the Knife is a Sanrenmu design marketed in Germany/Europe by BÖKER.

It will be interesting how teh knife/tool holds up compared to Vic SAKs.

EDIT: Sad that BÖKER did not order them with teh Tweezers the SRM branded version offers. Scales look like CF on the SRM as opposed to G10 on the BÖKER. Merketing for Germany seems to be BÖKER exclusive, I cannot order the SRM on from Aliexpress from germany.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 11:57:23 AM by lowtech »

gb Offline shibafu

Reply #77 on: August 17, 2015, 01:58:57 PM
Here's a page with lots of pictures of Sanrenmu variants (scroll down).  It seems there's a smaller keyring version too (the 6xx model numbers)
http://www.cnccw.com/?product-2386.html

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #78 on: August 17, 2015, 02:08:37 PM
Is it wrong that I prefer the idea of these as SRM than Boker?
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline tommywp

Reply #79 on: September 18, 2015, 12:54:10 AM
Boker has a few new models....one with backside Phillips! My interest is rekindled.

https://www.boker.de/us/pocket-knife/boker-plus/tech-tools.html
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 12:56:25 AM by tommywp »

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #80 on: September 18, 2015, 01:21:03 AM
Boker has a few new models....one with backside Phillips! My interest is rekindled.

:imws:
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
  • An Alox SAK Made Me Do It!
Reply #81 on: September 18, 2015, 02:23:10 AM

:imws:

Now that's a nice set of tools. They must have asked a couple of SAK enthusiasts what to put on it :D

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #82 on: September 18, 2015, 04:47:49 AM
Why they keep putting cock screw on everything?

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #83 on: September 18, 2015, 09:18:16 AM
Check out Nr. 5!
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #84 on: September 18, 2015, 01:50:26 PM
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline tommywp

Reply #85 on: September 18, 2015, 02:45:36 PM
I wonder what they were thinking with the serrated/driver stopping short of full open. They had to have a reason...right? Any guesses as to the logic?

gb Offline shibafu

Reply #86 on: September 18, 2015, 03:51:39 PM
It's a shame they're still putting the wine bottle foil blade on all of them instead of something useful.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #87 on: September 18, 2015, 06:35:09 PM
I have seen SRM selling these for a while in Chinese markets, at a much lower price as well.

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #88 on: September 18, 2015, 06:41:31 PM
Check out Nr. 5!
I said cock screw! ::)

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #89 on: September 18, 2015, 07:27:45 PM
I have seen SRM selling these for a while in Chinese markets, at a much lower price as well.

Any links? I might be tempted to try the model 3 (Climber type) at the right price.

As an aside, I'm surprised this thread went quiet for a while. I expected more people to have tried one and be posting reports......

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD