Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Incoming flashlights.

au Offline Rossko07

Re: Incoming flashlights.
Reply #90 on: September 02, 2015, 03:25:20 AM

Ordered myself an EagleTac D25A. It took a long time to decide on this one I hope it serves me well.

I've got a D25A Clicky and it's by far and away my favourite light.   8)

Everyone should own one IMO.  :pok:

(Image removed from quote.)

Trying hard to resist Z? Lol.

The only thing stopping me is an empty paypal account.  :facepalm:

Do you still want to part with the rusty OHT? With the anniversary madness I forgot all about it. I've got a friend in Oz that can transfer the $$ to you.

Yeah mate I have no use for it at all. Bought myself a black one. Just cover the postage and it's all yours :-)

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #91 on: September 02, 2015, 09:01:37 PM
My spare LD 12 is here along with some Duracell Quantums to store in my trouble bags. Have some Lithium batts on the way for daily use in my flashlights.
Spare LD12.JPG
* Spare LD12.JPG (Filesize: 84.66 KB)
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

bg Offline N_N_R

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #92 on: September 03, 2015, 01:04:49 PM
It's here :D

It's used, but looks in excellent condition.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #93 on: September 03, 2015, 01:15:39 PM
Have you tried it out yet? :D

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #94 on: September 03, 2015, 01:17:15 PM
Have you tried it out yet? :D

Yes, but it's still day time here :D I don't see much difference between the mid and the high. I guess my most used one will be the low and then probably the high :D We'll see.

00 Offline rebel

• A country boy can survive
Reply #95 on: September 03, 2015, 01:37:46 PM
 :cheers: congrats N_N_R. I love 4Sevens lights. They have a great UI and good runtimes and are really well made.
We say Grace, we say ma'am
If you ain't into that we don't give a damn...
-- Hank Williams, Jr.

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #96 on: September 03, 2015, 01:43:20 PM
Thanks :) It's my second 4Sevens, my first was the Preon 2, a favourite light, but it stopped working after 6 months. I hope this one will be better.

00 Offline rebel

Reply #97 on: September 03, 2015, 05:03:19 PM
The beacon and SOS are really cool. I hope I don't ever have to use them but it's nice to know they're there.

I wonder if that is a Quark or whether it is the same as what they are now calling the Mini MA. They did put out a bunch of new AA Quarks lately but they all have 2 batteries. Anyway, have fun in the dark! :pok:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 05:05:00 PM by rebel »
-- Hank Williams, Jr.

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #98 on: September 03, 2015, 06:38:13 PM
The beacon and SOS are really cool. I hope I don't ever have to use them but it's nice to know they're there.

I wonder if that is a Quark or whether it is the same as what they are now calling the Mini MA. They did put out a bunch of new AA Quarks lately but they all have 2 batteries. Anyway, have fun in the dark! :pok:

It's supposed to be a Quark Mini i.e. the first version :) From what I've seen in YT vids (as well as my Preon 2), they still use the old packaging, but put "gen 2" label on the new ones. So, yeah, it's a Quark Mini or the previous version of the one that is now called the Mini MA.

00 Offline rebel

Reply #99 on: September 03, 2015, 06:43:12 PM
Should be a good little light. I don't have anything that runs on a AA right now, I am thinking about a Zebralight SC52 but people are complaining about the tints so I may go with the Mini MA.
-- Hank Williams, Jr.

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #100 on: September 03, 2015, 06:46:03 PM
I've heard a lot of good things about the Zebralight but never considered them myself because of their weird shapes :D

00 Offline rebel

Reply #101 on: September 03, 2015, 07:06:31 PM
I've heard a lot of good things about the Zebralight but never considered them myself because of their weird shapes :D

They are ugly as sin but they seem to be machined and anodized well and if you get one and you can't stand the looks of it you can just strobe yourself in the eyes and the problem goes away :facepalm: I think they are by far the brightest single AA light you can buy and they have tons of low modes.
-- Hank Williams, Jr.

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #102 on: September 03, 2015, 07:14:43 PM

They are ugly as sin but they seem to be machined and anodized well and if you get one and you can't stand the looks of it you can just strobe yourself in the eyes and the problem goes away :facepalm: I think they are by far the brightest single AA light you can buy and they have tons of low modes.

:rofl:

How come we don't have a flashlight smiley, btw :D

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #103 on: September 03, 2015, 07:24:58 PM

How come we don't have a flashlight smiley, btw :D

MIB ZEBRA model .98347

- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #104 on: September 07, 2015, 03:42:16 PM
So, I've had that 4Sevens Q Mini for about five days and I've been pretty happy with it. I probably wouldn't have paid its real full price of $40 or so, but with the price I got it for ($20 shipped), it's totally cool.

It's basically the size and the brightness of my AAAs, but has longer run times due to using AA. I can hold it in my mouth while working on something with both hands, it's light enough.
Its only flaw is its not having a clip, but we can't have everything, can we :D

00 Offline rebel

Reply #105 on: September 07, 2015, 04:32:36 PM
So, I've had that 4Sevens Q Mini for about five days and I've been pretty happy with it. I probably wouldn't have paid its real full price of $40 or so, but with the price I got it for ($20 shipped), it's totally cool.

It's basically the size and the brightness of my AAAs, but has longer run times due to using AA. I can hold it in my mouth while working on something with both hands, it's light enough.

Don't swallow it. Time for a lanyard? :pok: Be glad you didn't get the floodie. They have magnets in the base which could be kind of uncool with certain dental appliances ;) But then again it could be optimal for people with steel plates in their foreheads. How cool would that be?! Look ma, no hands! :facepalm:

Its only flaw is its not having a clip, but we can't have everything, can we :D

Yeah that does bother me about the 4Sevens lights but it when you actually try to clip small lights to something they don't seem to stay in place very well. I'm not sure what the answer is. This deep question troubles me deeply :P
-- Hank Williams, Jr.

au Offline Rossko07

Reply #106 on: September 13, 2015, 01:37:50 AM
The EagleTac d25a I ordered came in last week. It's my first decent light but my initial impression was. Look how small this thing is. How can it possibly be any good. Well dam, this light is amazing! Just been running it off a regular aa and it's very impressive. Now I know why they get such a good wrap.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #107 on: September 13, 2015, 02:57:30 AM
The EagleTac d25a I ordered came in last week. It's my first decent light but my initial impression was. Look how small this thing is. How can it possibly be any good. Well dam, this light is amazing! Just been running it off a regular aa and it's very impressive. Now I know why they get such a good wrap.

That bad huh, tsk tsk.  ::)

au Offline Rossko07

Incoming flashlights.
Reply #108 on: September 13, 2015, 08:20:01 AM

That bad huh, tsk tsk.  ::)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD