Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What tool can't you be without

us Offline Dean51

• No Life Club
  • Geometry cuts but the steel determines how long.
Re: What tool can't you be without
Reply #30 on: July 25, 2015, 04:04:25 AM
A blade is the first choice, use it everyday.
Tied for second are the pliers and #2 Phillips

us Offline powernoodle

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #31 on: July 25, 2015, 06:33:11 PM
I carry a folding, clipped knife in order to have quick blade deployment.  So the most-used tool on a SAK for me are the scissors, for skin boo boos and that sort of thing.   And high on the list are mini phillips like you find on the Manager, as the whole world is held together with mini phillips screws.  I never use pliers for EDC, and have basically stopped carrying a plier-based MT.

So, my answer is Victorinox scissors.  No other scissors are as precise.

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #32 on: July 28, 2015, 09:30:33 AM
The question is which specific tool right?
Then as much as I use scissors more than the blade  for many things most days - I'll go for the blade
Although I don't fancy nail trimming w a blade!

Interesting Q tho'

Fortunately we have MTs so we get scissors, blade and SDs +++ for free
:-)

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: July 29, 2015, 10:12:03 PM
For me it is a SAK Classic and a P-38 on my key ring. The scissors get the most use those two tools get me threw most of life's little repairs. Most days I will also grab a multi tool like a Juice, PST or Rebar but hardly ever use them. 
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

au Offline Rossko07

Reply #34 on: July 30, 2015, 01:11:19 AM

The question is which specific tool right?
Then as much as I use scissors more than the blade  for many things most days - I'll go for the blade
Although I don't fancy nail trimming w a blade!

Interesting Q tho'

Fortunately we have MTs so we get scissors, blade and SDs +++ for free
:-)

Yes I'm talking about a specific tool. Eg, a knife, Phillips driver, awl, perhaps a can opener..?

Some good responses here. Just peaked my interest.

us Offline TRUE LIBERTY

Reply #35 on: August 03, 2015, 10:44:55 PM
First and foremost the most important tool I never leave home without on work days or weekends is my Ruger. It is a tool I never had to use and hopefully never will unless at the range.

After that if I had to pick one more for everyday and no other it would be the SURGE.

england Offline Kev D

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #36 on: August 04, 2015, 10:05:21 AM
The one tool I can't be without is my cold steel dragon walking stick. I broke my back in 2012 and crushed my spinal cord and now have a wazzy left leg that has no feeling and doesn't work properly any more.

Not only does it keep me upright and on the move, but it has also stopped a mugger in his tracks and fended off a viscous dog that decided I was going to be lunch.  As its polypropylene plastic and a good insulator it has also been used to push in the occasional contactor on control boards for testing. It's my all purpose handle grabber, window pusher, person poker, etc lol

I found it while looking for a knife on the cold steel website and have ended up buying 3 of them. Now I carry my new juice xe6 I need to come up with a bit kit holder to strap to it :D

2013-11-04 12.55.00.jpg
* 2013-11-04 12.55.00.jpg (Filesize: 33.69 KB)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 10:07:06 AM by Kevin Davey »

de Offline windson

• Observe - Evaluate - Control
Reply #37 on: August 05, 2015, 11:12:44 PM
Any blade will do. I will always have one on me, carefully selected, but when it comes to business I take any archetypical blade-like object and put it to use.

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #38 on: August 05, 2015, 11:21:24 PM
The one tool I can't be without is my cold steel dragon walking stick. I broke my back in 2012 and crushed my spinal cord and now have a wazzy left leg that has no feeling and doesn't work properly any more.

Not only does it keep me upright and on the move, but it has also stopped a mugger in his tracks and fended off a viscous dog that decided I was going to be lunch.  As its polypropylene plastic and a good insulator it has also been used to push in the occasional contactor on control boards for testing. It's my all purpose handle grabber, window pusher, person poker, etc lol

I found it while looking for a knife on the cold steel website and have ended up buying 3 of them. Now I carry my new juice xe6 I need to come up with a bit kit holder to strap to it :D

Sounds like a damn fine multitool mate  :tu:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24