Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Question about the SOG Powerlock and how it locks tools into place.

us Offline TRUE LIBERTY

Do the newest Powerlocks use the same kind of piano style locking mechanism like the power assist? I could have sworn I have seen some that do have the same setup for locking the blades and tools as the power assist but there website does not do a good job of showing what it uses.

us Offline Vinjints

They do lock in place via piano locks. Pretty handy that you can get every tool locked up tight.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

us Offline TRUE LIBERTY

Thanks, what I notice is with my powerlock I put my thumb on there release button all the time releasing the tool. But with the power assist piano style locks it never does.

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
AFAIK, the newer PL's have the "Lever Lock". That's been my experience with one I purchased recently. I prefer the leverlock.
SAW

us Offline TRUE LIBERTY

AFAIK, the newer PL's have the "Lever Lock". That's been my experience with one I purchased recently. I prefer the leverlock.
[/quote

Okay I guess the best solution is just to call them.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 07:10:50 PM by ssvs04 . »

us Offline TRUE LIBERTY

I called and they used to sell them like the power assists locking mechanism and now they don't. Guess if I want one will have to get on EBAY or AMAZON.

us Offline sawman

I called and they used to sell them like the power assists locking mechanism and now they don't. Guess if I want one will have to get on EBAY or AMAZON.
Just think of it this way: The piano-locks might not always line up with the tool but the lever-lock will always work :tu:
SAW

us Offline TRUE LIBERTY

Just think of it this way: The piano-locks might not always line up with the tool but the lever-lock will always work :tu:

Never had a issue with that on my power assist. I found one for 80 dollars but not gonna pay that kind of money for one. And they have a brand new powerlock from the 90s the one I lost two years ago would love to have again. Miss that old powerlock I got in 1997 I think it was.

us Offline sawman

If you're going to go with an older version keep in mind the plier changes you'll miss out on. They have made good improvements on their NN since then.
SAW

us Offline TRUE LIBERTY

If you're going to go with an older version keep in mind the plier changes you'll miss out on. They have made good improvements on their NN since then.

They have the wire cutters and that is all I needed all the years I used my first one. Looks pretty much like my newer ones. Plus my SURGE is the one I use most often. If I get it, it would be more for nostalgia.

us Offline sawman

They have the wire cutters and that is all I needed all the years I used my first one. Looks pretty much like my newer ones. Plus my SURGE is the one I use most often. If I get it, it would be more for nostalgia.
I understand :salute:
SAW

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69