Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

WTT for Vic Spirit X, Sog PowerLock S60, Gerber MT400, MT600 blunt, or Diesel

Smaug · 10 · 1850

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
Up for trade, I have a bunch of smallish Case knives, hardly used, starting on pg. 6 of my Knives album. Some are stainless steel, some are carbon. Includes Russlock, Copperlock, Toothpick, Jr. Scout, Small Sodbuster,
http://s134.photobucket.com/user/jzorns/library/Knives?sort=3&page=6

I also have an original Victorinox Swisstool. (before they started adding suffixes) It is equivalent to today's 'X' model. (Plain edge spearpoint blade and scissors) Hardly carried or used; mint condition. The nylon sheath is original, but is more like 7/10 condition. Can be carried on the belt horizontally or vertically, and has the Victorinox shield on the snap closure. I'd like to trade that for a Swisstool Spirit X in equally nice condition. If you have a Spirit X and would like something a little more heavy duty? This is your chance.

I have a Leatherman Surge, carried maybe a couple dozen days used a couple dozen times. Good shape. BO coating on the screwdriver bits is a little worn, but the bits are in great shape. I'd like to trade this for a Leatherman Wave with bit exchanger. The Surge is too big for my little hands, I'm afraid. Includes the leather sheath and original Leatherman T-shank blades in great shape.

Or we can mix and match as needed for approximately equal value knives.
-Jeremy
"Well begun is half done."
-Aristotle

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
Adding details. Prices include shipping to the continental US or approximate trade value.

Here's what's on the block:

Leatherman Crater C33Tx, 2-5/8" blade, 3-7/8" closed. $25. Like a Swiss Army knife, but with better screwdrivers and a quick-deploying combo blade and one-handed opening bottle opener/carabiner too!

Case 02804 Toothpick, 2-1/4" blade, 3-3/8" closed, $30. This elegant little knife feels GREAT in the hand, and the sharply pointed stainless blade CAN be used as a toothpick. (use the back side of the point, if you value your gums)

The famous Case 07006 Chestnut Bone Peanut. Not quite as thin as the toothpick above, but has a second blade. You can afford to USE the small blade for utility, and hold back the big clip point for food prep. Don't laugh, they're great for cleaning fish. Chrome Vanadium (CV) blades. (not stainless, but very easy to sharpen, and holds an edge better) The big blade is stained, but not rusty, from peeling apples. Large blade is 2-1/8", small blade is 1-1/2", and it is 2-3/4" closed. $35:

Case 00244 Jr. Scout Knife, amber bone, $50. 2-1/4" blade, 3" closed. Kind of an American-made Swiss Army knife. The awl is razor sharp. This is smaller in the hand than a 84mm Victorinox; perfect for a cub scout. Flawless condition. Carried a couple times, alone in the pocket, but never used.

Case 9723 pocket worn green bone Copperlock, $40. 2-5/8" Stainless blade, 3-1/2" closed. Used lightly a couple times, carried a handful of times. You could hardly tell it from new. This is a nice knife for someone who wants a nice clip point pocket knife in a classic lock back design.

Case 06994 Russlock in red bone. 2-5/8" CV blade, 3-1/2" closed. What a neat one-handed opening, liner lock design this is! It feels so unique deploying this blade; the thumb just smoothly swivels around the top of the knife. The blade is stained, but not rusted.

"Benchmade" balisong. The quotes are because I highly doubt this is Genuine, as I picked it up in a flea market in Guangzhou, China. However, once you know that, it is not a disappointment. I would put it on part or slightly better than the Bear MGC ones with cast Zamac handles that were floating around a few years ago. The handles are heavy, without any side slop. The blade is probably your basic 420 or 440. The action is smooth. Flipped a lot, never dropped, carried a couple times only. $30. 4" blade, 5" closed. The handles are perfectly tensioned for the lock to work properly. The lock doesn't spring back; it needs centrifugal force to stay away from the blade. If you WANT a Benchmade bali, but are not sure if you want to commit $300+ for one, test drive the idea with this one.

Spyderco Delica. Need I say more? A bit, I guess. It's the older style with the integral plastic pocket clip. It doesn't hold as tightly as the wire clips, but never slipped off my pocket or tore up the edge of it either. Tip up carry. This one is as good size to use, but without scaring the sheep. 3-7/8" blade, 4" closed. This one has been carried a lot, used a fair amount, but you wouldn't know it to look at it, except that it is a bit shiny in the plastic. The G-2 blade is sharp, with no nicks. Lock-up is tight, as always with Spydies. $40.

S&W "Xtreme Ops", 3-3/4" blade, 4" closed. Nice pocket clip, tip down. The tension on the pivot is just perfect on this one. No slop, but a flick of the wrist will have the blade deployed in the blink of an eye. Or use the thumb stud, if you prefer. Kind of on the big side for a daily user, unless you live in a rough part of town. G-10 scales, pretty thin body. $15.

Kershaw Leek, blue. What a great little knife. But the tip is SO pointy, I'm kind of scared to use it. I carried it a few times, made a light cut or two, but that's it. It looks like new. It is spring-loade and has the deployment nub on the back of the blade, and a thumb stud. Beautiful, thin, and easy to carry. $30, 3-15/16" blade (but doesn't feel like it), 4" closed.

Gerber Magnum LST (= Light, Smooth, Tough) from the 90s. US-made, in Portland. This is the predecessor to the Gator. The glass-filled nylon grip really fills the hand. This is a knife you could work with all day and not have any blisters. No nail nick or stud or hole; just grab the blade in the finger choil and pull it out. Nice ballistic nylon pouch. This one is as sharp as a razor, I did it with the Lansky you can probably see the narrow primary bevel. 30 degree bevel at the edge. This one was carried a fair amount, you can see by the pouch, but rarely used. The pouch is very comfy; rides low on the belt and doesn't jab you in the love handles. Still has lots of life left in it. Great build quality. $30

Leatherman Surge. This one is pretty well-known here, no need to say too much about it, other than it's in great condition and that it doesn't have the 154CM wire cutter. This one has been carried a few weeks' worth of days. Used a couple times most of those days. It is barely broken in. The leather sheath feels kind of cheap, compared to the top quality of my original Leatherman, but works OK and is not cracking or anything. Pliers joint is still nice & tight. Original saw and file are included. $70. If you like the Wave, but want something a bit more heavy-duty, and want to save $30 compared to new (or trade of course) this is your ticket.

The Swisstool is mint. Pix coming soon.
-Jeremy
-Aristotle

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
Finally, here's The Mighty Swisstool. This is the original, before they started doing the silly suffix thing. You can see on the one handle it still says 'PAT PEND'. Would make a great collection piece. It's equivalent to the current Swisstool X. Like new condition. $85. Would like to trade for a Swisstool Spirit X in great shape, even-up. Maybe you'd like the scales marked or the full size scissors or a more heavy-duty construction? Look no further. The pouch has a bit of wear on the bottom corner and the clear plastic in front of the shield on the snap is scratched up. There was a red ribbon inside the flap of the sheath that I thought was corny, and I cut it off. It lived in the took kit of my motorcycle for a few years, which is why the sheath shows wear, but the tool itself is like new. I carried it maybe a couple weeks' worth of days. Used it a couple times, but you can't tell it from new.

-Jeremy
-Aristotle

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
I replied to your PM and am interested in the LM knife and probably the Swisstool.

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
Trade/sale pending on the balisong, Delica, and Leek.
-Jeremy
-Aristotle

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
Trade pending on the Leatherman Crater C33Tx
-Jeremy
-Aristotle

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
I'm no longer looking for a Vic Spirit X, Gerber MP400, MP600 blunt or Diesel.

Leek, Delica, Balisong and Gerber LST are traded.

Trade/sale is still pending on the Leatherman Crater.

Swisstool is withdrawn.
-Jeremy
-Aristotle

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
The Leatherman Crater is sold

The Case Peanut and Jr. Scout are traded.

-Jeremy
-Aristotle

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
May I ask what's left for trade?
I have a Powerlock up for grabs, if stilll interested   :salute:

Thanks
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%