Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Naked and Afraid XL

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Naked and Afraid XL
on: August 18, 2015, 09:14:08 PM
 :D
Just done watching episode 1 and 2.........I'm so irritated I feel like a grumpy old man!  :rofl:

I'm sort of speechless, feel like I just got an inside look at why the world is such a messed up place.....too many people throwing stuff in a river..... :think:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Re: Naked and Afraid XL
Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 09:55:28 PM
Just done watching episode 1 and 2.........I'm so irritated I feel like a grumpy old man!  :rofl:

I'm sort of speechless, feel like I just got an inside look at why the world is such a messed up place.....too many people throwing stuff in a river..... :think:
She's a ditz!
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 09:59:27 PM
Wow.....you really do miss out when you don't have cable.  :sa: :dwts:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 10:21:07 PM
Serious......no TV in my house, never has been and there never will be......just as much internet bandwidth as I can afford  8)

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 10:23:49 PM
What season is it now? I watched the first season and forgot to keep track of it after that.

We even had a guy who was going to appear on the series come here and ask for advice what item to choose to take with him at one point.

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 10:25:47 PM

She's a ditz!
JR

Not 100% sure what that means, but +10 I guess!  :D

Don't know.....keep wondering what my reaction would be......no doubt not suitable for tv....

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 10:30:30 PM
Serious......no TV in my house, never has been and there never will be......just as much internet bandwidth as I can afford  8)

Out here, we get what ever floats in on the antenna from the nearest station (80 miles). Have Netflix and Prime movies/TV but seldom watch them (low bandwidth).
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: August 18, 2015, 11:50:37 PM

She's a ditz!
JR

Not 100% sure what that means, but +10 I guess!  :D

Don't know.....keep wondering what my reaction would be......no doubt not suitable for tv....
The girl with the two guys, with the attitude! Heck she even tapped out in her original apperiance.
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

nz Offline Henry

Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 11:54:18 PM

What season is it now? I watched the first season and forgot to keep track of it after that.

Season 1 of XL, it's a slightly different format with people who have already been on and are no being described as 'elite survival experts'

The more you watch it, the more frustrated you'll get. It's turned into a bit of a social experiment at the same time.

They definitely threw a few nutters in to make 'interesting TV'
Surge, Wave, Rebar, Micra, C33x

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #9 on: August 19, 2015, 03:38:29 AM
It's another "house wives of ( fill in the blank )".  Sure theres some "survival" but it's about the drama.  There was no good reason for the last two ladies to go the lake where the others were. 

Esse Quam Videri

nz Offline Henry

Reply #10 on: August 19, 2015, 03:44:27 AM
They didn't 11 mile hike/swim on day 40... Along with the 'grass is greener on the other side' mentality that developed with a herd moving across.

ca Offline JP

Reply #11 on: August 19, 2015, 04:25:59 AM
What season are we talking about? I recently watched Season 1 on YouTube. Not a ton of educational use but I agree about drama. Kept me watching though. In my fantasy land after 40 days the place would look like the Swiss Family Robinson village.

nz Offline Henry

Reply #12 on: August 19, 2015, 07:50:22 AM
This is the first season of NaA XL. Note the XL - it is a different format, not 1 girl 1 guy. 4 groups of 3 people were dropped off, several miles apart from each other. They all had an identical map and extraction date. 40 days and further extraction. The series is about them working as 3, finding each other and group politics etc

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: August 19, 2015, 08:19:35 AM
Never heard of this before... sounds cool... Survivor meets Bear Grylls meets female nudity... what's not to like  :o
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: August 19, 2015, 09:17:39 AM

The more you watch it, the more frustrated you'll get. It's turned into a bit of a social experiment at the same time.

They definitely threw a few nutters in to make 'interesting TV'

Think I should stop watching now...... :facepalm:

I just hope she's at least ashamed when watching it, or can GenerationMe justify anything?  :twak:

us Offline powernoodle

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #15 on: August 23, 2015, 03:13:20 AM
That show is just more evidence that civilization is decomposing.  I won't watch it, and don't want to reward the entertainment media that continues to get more vulgar, more naked and more obscene on an almost daily basis.

I have spoken!

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
Reply #16 on: August 23, 2015, 12:38:45 PM
I haven't seen the show but I listened to an interview with Alana Barfield who has been in both seasons. She came across as quite a well adjusted person.

The interview was on the In the Rabbit Hole podcast http://www.intherabbithole.com/e133/
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

ca Offline JP

Reply #17 on: August 24, 2015, 03:25:45 PM
Thanks for the link. I will listen to it today. I didn't enjoy her character in XL. .... at least what the camera showed.

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: August 31, 2015, 01:05:28 PM
I haven't seen the show but I listened to an interview with Alana Barfield who has been in both seasons. She came across as quite a well adjusted person.

The interview was on the In the Rabbit Hole podcast http://www.intherabbithole.com/e133/
That's one poisonous ...........

For the record, I would eat my fill of my bloody electric eel and smoke the rest......the facebook clan can go drool and get skinny

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #19 on: August 31, 2015, 06:06:40 PM
That group of six was just stupid, especially those three girls, the two that just didn't do ANYTHING for the entire 40 days and pretty much kicked that one guy out cause they were to lazy, that other just really do anything, the one with the short hair and tattoos wasn't so bad, the two guys that where in the group weren't so bad "before" they joined the group! Now the other two guys that did everything on their own, they had the right idea, and should of had a higher rating! Only one point higher then the group? Come on, that's just ridiculous!
JR

ca Offline JP

Reply #20 on: September 01, 2015, 12:17:44 AM
How many episodes? I have seen 6 so far on YouTube.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #21 on: September 01, 2015, 07:15:45 AM
Just watched final episode, eh.  I'm looking forward to when they get together to discuss their time on the show.   
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #22 on: September 01, 2015, 08:02:02 AM
Just watched final episode, eh.  I'm looking forward to when they get together to discuss their time on the show.
Likewise!
JR

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: September 01, 2015, 02:55:38 PM
How many episodes? I have seen 6 so far on YouTube.
8 I believe

Just watched final episode, eh
....as soon as I get home  :)
I'm looking forward to when they get together to discuss their time on the show. 
I hope its rated 18VL with baseball bats :gimme:

• No Life Club
Reply #24 on: September 02, 2015, 09:43:58 AM
One thing bothers me, for this show and Alone.......

Are they issued with tooth paste and brushes?  :think:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #25 on: September 02, 2015, 05:12:40 PM
One thing bothers me, for this show and Alone.......

Are they issued with tooth paste and brushes?  :think:

I listened to link someone provided where one of the ladies said they issue tampons.  I also notice sometimes the guys mustaches look pretty groomed  :think:.  I dont have any issues with tampons nor toothbrush and toothpaste being issued.
Esse Quam Videri

• No Life Club
Reply #26 on: September 02, 2015, 05:45:04 PM
I dont have any issues with tampons nor toothbrush and toothpaste being issued.
Same here, can't see those items being much help and no use loosing teeth for a tv show....and all theirs seem so white!

:think: Tampons however might be cheating due to their tinder potential  :whistle:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #27 on: September 02, 2015, 07:43:13 PM
I dont have any issues with tampons nor toothbrush and toothpaste being issued.
Same here, can't see those items being much help and no use loosing teeth for a tv show....and all theirs seem so white!

:think: Tampons however might be cheating due to their tinder potential  :whistle:

I really like the one dude who has a knack for hunting.  He's pretty intense as well as he seems pretty knowledgeable.  Wonder if any of these characters applied for ALONE  :think:.

Esse Quam Videri

ca Offline JP

Reply #28 on: September 03, 2015, 02:16:23 AM
I haven't seen the last two episodes but in a 40 day test like that why wouldn't they dam off one of those fishing holes and try to spear / net / trap the fish?

• No Life Club
Reply #29 on: September 03, 2015, 09:13:23 AM
He's pretty intense as well as he seems pretty knowledgeable.

Since I've never done anything like that I guess I should count my words, I might not be physically able to, but he was the only one that behaved normally as far as looking for food goes.....IMO.
Might go back to the fact that my favourite fishing method is stalking with artificials, fly or otherwise.
We only see a small part of what they did, but I would've ate many more bugs than they seems to have....

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%