Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

[CLOSED] Wenger Divers watch in case with Wenger Esquire

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
I have this really nice Wenger watch. I really like it. But It´s too much of a toolwatch to be my dresswatch and I am to careless with watches to make it my beater.
Sadly I managed to scratch the crystal and before I do any more harm to it, I´ll let it go.

It is about 40mm in diameter (w/o crown)
The crown is screwed in and proudly wears the swiss cross.
It has a swiss made quartz movement in it´s ss case with the date nested between 4 and 5.
Nicely lumed on the hour markers and hands. The "12" is a Wenger Cross.
Unidirectional rotating bezel, 120 clicks, small scratch at 2, the domed, sapphire coated crystal has a scratch from 9 to 10, it should be visible in the pics.
The strap is the original, thick Wenger rubber strap with SS clasp and Wenger cross, it shows an indent where I used to wear the watch.

The Esquire is unsused, the box shows some wear from storage.
I think 65,- € including international, registered shipment?
Trades are welcome.

wengerwatch6.jpg
* wengerwatch6.jpg (Filesize: 78.9 KB)
wengerwatch5.jpg
* wengerwatch5.jpg (Filesize: 122.94 KB)
wengerwatch4.jpg
* wengerwatch4.jpg (Filesize: 129.44 KB)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 12:49:57 PM by zoidberg »

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Re: Wenger Divers watch in case with Wenger Esquire
Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 10:18:40 PM
Some more pics.
The scratch is less visible when wearing teh watch compared to teh supersized image. But even if it bothers you, change teh crystal and have a real nice watch at a fair price.
wengerwatch3.jpg
* wengerwatch3.jpg (Filesize: 75.65 KB)
wengerwatch2.jpg
* wengerwatch2.jpg (Filesize: 106.36 KB)
wengerwatch1.jpg
* wengerwatch1.jpg (Filesize: 118.39 KB)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 10:19:59 PM by lowtech »

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Re: Wenger Divers watch in case with Wenger Esquire
Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 12:47:31 PM
If you are interested, you can bid on this watch here:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/291550957640?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Interest here was low, so I am currently offering the watch on eBay. A sale is no longer possible on MTO, as there are bids on my auction already.
Please mark thread closed.

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Re: [CLOSED] Wenger Divers watch in case with Wenger Esquire
Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 11:21:41 PM
Any idea how much fixing the crystal would cost? Can it be polished or would one have to find a new one?
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 08:28:31 AM
I don´t know what Wenger service center woudl charge of replacing teh crystal with an original domed one with Saphhire coating. A standard, thick mineral glayy crystal is usually around 30,- € including the work. Sometimes more, sometimes a bit less. I could imagine it is a bit cheaper in your homecountry due to different wages. But if you should win the auction (and it looks like it at this time) and would liek me to do so, I can inquire about actual pricing and have it done before I send out the watch. No handlinge fees, of course. Just what I pay to the watchmaker.

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 05:55:35 PM
Thank you so much mate... I'll doubt I'll win it, though.. I can't go much higher... especially as fixing it is another 30 Euros...

I doubt fixing here would be cheap... services are very cheap (think 350 Euro average monthly wage), but products are ridiculously expensive (up to twice as much as Germany) and there isn't a proper Wenger/Vic dealer in the country... also watchmaking is a dying art here.. I only know one elderly craftsman who still knows how to fix watches in the whole town...
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 06:39:11 PM
I could have a look around if I can find a fitting crystal and you could have it set in locally?!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%