Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

FSOT: Case knives, a couple autos, and Lansky System

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
FSOT: Case knives, a couple autos, and Lansky System
on: August 25, 2015, 12:46:00 AM
Prices include CONUS shipping, First Class, and assume one knife per purchase. If you buy several, we can reduce the shipping cost accordingly. If you're outside the US, reduce them by $5, and plan on paying actual shipping amount. Autos are for sale in the US only, and in each case, the buyer is responsible for complying with his local laws.

Toothpick 02804, w/blue bone scales, $25, 3" closed, 2-1/4" blade. Currently selling for $40 on Amazon:

RussLock 06994 w/red bone scales and chrome vanadium blade, $35. 3-1/2" closed (not counting the deployment nub) and 2-5/8" blade. (currently selling for $53 on Amazon)
The blade is stained from use, but not rusted.

CopperLock 9723, pocketworn green bone scales, $35. 3-5/8" closed, 2-5/8" blade. (currently going for $55 new on Amazon)

Smith & Wesson Extreme Ops, 5" closed, 3-3/4" blade, $10. Great low friction action to this one; the flipper works a treat!:

Sodbuster Jr. 032 w/yellow synthetic handle and chrome vanadium blade, $15. (currently going for $26 on Amazon. 3-5/8" closed, 2-3/4" blade. I forgot to take an individual pic of it, but it's the 2nd from the right in this pic:

Hunter "multi-mode" folder. This is an interesting one! 4-5/8" closed, 3-5/8" blade. Look closely at the 3rd pic. See the set screw and the two holes? If the set screw is installed in the lower hole, it is an automatic knife; just press the lower half of the upper insert. If the setscrew is installed in the upper hole, that insert is blocked from being depressed, and it becomes a conventional thumb stud-opening knife. In this mode, it can also easily be opened just by flicking the wrist. The inertia of the blade will snap it open. The handle material is cast zinc; nothing exotic. The liner lock is easy to depress, and the blade swivels smoothly. $65

Xing Wen auto. 3-3/4" closed, 2-7/8" blade. The button below the pivot screw is the release, and it also unlocks the lock to let you close it. There's a lever with a sideways round knurled knob that you can press up behind the blade to lock it closed, disabling the opening altogether. I got this in Poland from my ex father in law about 13 years ago. $50:

Lansky Sharpening System w/ Universal mount and optional coarse diamond hone, $30. Only used a few times. It works great! (currently $48 together at Amazon) Use the coarse diamond hone to correct bad bevel angles and quickly bring an edge back to the ballpark. Then, the rest of the hones make quick work of the rest. This is the ideal way to put a proper double bevel edge on your knife.

I'm not actively looking for trades, but I'm open-minded.

I would work out a trade deal for a SOG S60 PowerLock or a smallish Spyderco in good shape.
-Jeremy
"Well begun is half done."
-Aristotle

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
Re: FSOT: Case knives, a couple autos, and Lansky System
Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 07:43:04 PM
The Case Sodbuster Jr. sale is pending.
-Jeremy
-Aristotle

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 08:13:42 PM
Hi,

Which model Lansky are you selling?  What are the grits included?  Are they all diamond?

Thx.

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 09:56:50 PM
Hi,

Which model Lansky are you selling?  What are the grits included?  Are they all diamond?

Thx.

It's the Standard Lansky system. Came with Coarse, Medium, and Fine hones; stone type, not the diamond type. I added the coarse diamond one separately, and the base system.
-Jeremy
-Aristotle

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 09:57:20 PM
I'm no longer looking for a SOG PowerLock. (exchanged my Leatherman Rebar for one last night at Lowe's)
-Jeremy
-Aristotle

Offline alexism

• New User
Reply #5 on: November 25, 2016, 04:05:38 AM
Do you still have the xing wen?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!