Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What is this tool?

us Offline Pile Driver

What is this tool?
on: August 25, 2015, 03:56:36 PM
New to the forum and collecting, I was given this by my grandfather when I was a teen and it was used by him prior to that, not sure how old it is or if it is an early model the "pat. pend." is intriguing
sog.jpg
* sog.jpg (Filesize: 58.21 KB)

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: What is this tool?
Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 04:11:34 PM
Early model Tool Clip I believe. Does it say 'Seki Japan' on the tang of the blade?
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline Pile Driver

Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 04:18:39 PM
Early model Tool Clip I believe. Does it say 'Seki Japan' on the tang of the blade?

Does, I have seen a few on the google machine, discontinued. Some haters on a youtube video said it wasn't very functional and you can get similar for $5 at Wallymart

Rare/Nice/Sought after?

I also have the original nylon/velcro sheath and tin guard for the serrated blade

Thanks
sog seki.jpg
* sog seki.jpg (Filesize: 51.68 KB)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 04:30:07 PM by PileDriver02128 »

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 05:15:34 PM

http://wiki.multitool.org/tiki-index.php?page=ToolClip

Ive never owned one,but I've had a play with the one 50ft-trad recently sold...and for more than $5!

It's an evolutionary dead end,rather than a fail,but I'd say in the long run,it should be collectable in its own right. There are cheap knock offs of it,but a Seki manufactured tool should be a well built bit of kit
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 05:31:13 PM
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%