Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

How did you use your flashlight today?

us Offline David Quevedo

How did you use your flashlight today?
on: September 11, 2015, 11:16:08 PM
Today, I used (and often use) a JetBeam WL-S4, to ceiling bounce light, for taking stills of some EDC lights. It's a great light, for that, and the MT-G2 emitter has a nice tint :D

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Re: How did you use your flashlight today?
Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 07:23:21 PM
Great idea for a thread, not sure if it's been done before?
(Dang Tapatalk Search)

Last night I used my Preon 2 and my Nitecore EA41 as work lights to replace my coworkers rear brake cylinder. Kinda an emergency fix and if course he had his 99 cent Ace Hardware Special.......

us Offline David Quevedo

Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 11:29:41 PM
Great idea for a thread, not sure if it's been done before?
(Dang Tapatalk Search)

Last night I used my Preon 2 and my Nitecore EA41 as work lights to replace my coworkers rear brake cylinder. Kinda an emergency fix and if course he had his 99 cent Ace Hardware Special.......

Don't guys like that crack you up?  They're bragging about their "super bright" dollar store lights; lights that they have to tap, or shake, just to get them to come on, half the time; lights whose LEDs aren't always all working.  Is that why they put nine LEDs in those things (since maybe two or three of them are almost guaranteed not to work, after a very short period of time?); lights whose batteries are more valuable than the lights, themselves. And it takes not, one, or two, but THREE AAA batteries just to pull maybe 15 lumens out of those lights, for about five minutes, before quickly dimming.

A light is a light, right?  Wronnnnnnnnnnnnnnng.

There's nothing like having the right light(s), to do a job. 
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 11:31:13 PM by David Quevedo »

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 10:24:27 PM
I used a 2AAA Pelican model 1920 pen light to read the inflation pressure specifications printed on the side of my wheelbarrow tire.  I was inside a darkened garage.

Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 01:40:07 PM
I use mine everyday to see better in the dark.

Getting out of bed in the break of dawn, I have to stumble to the door to turn on the light.
Getting ready for work, I switch off the light in my room, and use a flashlight to leave, instead of turning every single room's light on and off while making my way out.

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 02:53:42 PM
Cool thread idea.

Used my Sky Lumen SL2c to read 13 Hours, the story of the attack on the CIA compound in Benghazi Libya.

With the triple LEDs it has a large hotspot even up close. Perfect for reading as you don't have to move the beam around so much as you read.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 04:04:13 PM
When taking my dog out to do his business I am always using my light to shine it into the shrubbery that lines the home.  He's a little guy and sometimes likes to get behind it and I like to illuminate whatever might be waiting for him. 

I also walk to the store often and there is an area off pavement that I light.   
Esse Quam Videri

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: April 30, 2016, 12:42:02 PM
Used my i3S to light this pic.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #8 on: April 30, 2016, 04:06:51 PM
You guys have the most interesting bugs.  That one looks it has armored front legs.  What the heck is it  :think:
Esse Quam Videri

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #9 on: April 30, 2016, 04:27:07 PM
You guys have the most interesting bugs.  That one looks it has armored front legs.  What the heck is it  :think:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White-tailed_spider

us Offline Edward Scissorhands

• SAKo-masochist
Reply #10 on: May 07, 2016, 06:43:22 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White-tailed_spider

I'm not even arachnophobic, but reading this confirms my intention to stay north of the equator!  :ahhh

Anyway, I used my 3D Maglite to help illuminate my poorly-lit living room for a technician here to replace a failing motor on our electric recliner.
EDC: SwissChamp, Swisstool X, Zippo, Mini Maglite, all on my belt. I'm one more sheath away from becoming Batman.

us Offline David Quevedo

Reply #11 on: June 06, 2016, 11:56:02 PM
Over the past couple of days, I used my Solarforce L2P (with Sportac Triple Nichia 219B 2-mode) and Fenix PD40 (MT-G2), and Zebralight SC600w Mk III (4500K), to thoroughly light up the interior of my friend's storage unit, as she weeded through her belongings, to pare down which items would be going to the new, smaller storage unit.

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #12 on: June 07, 2016, 02:02:14 AM
Wow great thread.

I use my multi's and knives quite a bit, but I use my flashlight(s) ten times as much.  Or more.  Last night, like a million times before, I clamped my Leatherman Monarch 300 between my teeth to light up my shop vac as I rinsed it out in the yard. 

I used my Nitecore MT2A to light my walk to the dumpster with garbage, and later tonight that torch will be my duty light for work.  It will see at least an hour of total use like it does every day.

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #13 on: June 07, 2016, 05:11:24 AM
Wow great thread.

I use my multi's and knives quite a bit, but I use my flashlight(s) ten times as much.  Or more.  Last night, like a million times before, I clamped my Leatherman Monarch 300 between my teeth to light up my shop vac as I rinsed it out in the yard. 

I used my Nitecore MT2A to light my walk to the dumpster with garbage, and later tonight that torch will be my duty light for work.  It will see at least an hour of total use like it does every day.

This is a good point Hg.

I also use my lights much more then my MT's and knives.

This is saying something seeing how I use my MT's and knives a lot.

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #14 on: June 07, 2016, 06:50:29 AM
Wow great thread.

This is a good point Hg.

I also use my lights much more then my MT's and knives.

This is saying something seeing how I use my MT's and knives a lot.

For real!  I could make it for a while without a Leatherman(though I wouldn't want to) but I can't go anywhere without my flashlight.  I'm always shocked when people ask if I have one to borrow, even my gear-deprived wife has a small flashlight on her keys.  How do people get by without a torch!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%