Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Australian SOG Owners

au Offline SuperDavid

Australian SOG Owners
on: September 18, 2015, 07:57:40 AM
Hey guys! I've been lurking for a while, but with my first SOG arriving hopefully today(probably Monday....) I thought I might ask a couple of questions. 

Have any  you Aussie SOG owners gotten replacement parts  from the American Sog site? From what I can see they dont do shipping to Aus for normal purchase, but I thought they might ship for warranty?  I did send an email several days ago but didnt get a response.
Or is there an Australian business that has spare parts, like the plier heads?  Cant seem to find them anywhere.

My other question is, do any of you guys have a horizontal holster/sheath for your PowerAssist?  What is it and where did you get it?

Thanks

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Re: Australian SOG Owners
Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 04:35:38 PM
Welcome to MTO. It's much better out of the shadows! :rofl:

Not sure if they ship to Aus or not but Heinnie Haynes sells the individual components -
http://www.heinnie.com/knives-and-tools/f/cat/knife-accessories,multi-tools

Also, Smoky Mountain Knife Works sells select component, Harley Davidson labeled stuff, but it is much cheaper than direct from SOG -
http://www.smkw.com/webapp/eCommerce/prodlist.jsp?range=73&Mode=Cat&Cat=570

Finally, occasionally things pop up on EvilBay. Again, no idea on shipping Down Under for any of these options. :think:

I don't know of any options for plier-heads other than sending in for warranty or buying a donor tool to scavenge from (which would void SOGs warranty).
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 04:38:38 PM by rdub934 »
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

au Offline SuperDavid

Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 07:30:10 AM
Got My Power Assist today, seems that with all the different models and youtube videos I looked at, I got confused about what model has what.  I assumed the one I ordered had the philips head screw driver....but it doesn't.  My own silly mistake, not alot of choice in Aus anyway, there were only two SOG Power assists for sale in Aus and both are the same model.
So now I'll try and track down the spare parts so maybe I can put a philips on it.
Or I may even pick up a leatherman Surge, those caught my eye while I was waiting for my SOG to come.

Those blade deployment locks are are annoying, I've only had the SOG for a few hours and it has caught me out a couple of times while playing around with it.  If I keep this thing I might just glue the locks.

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 08:07:25 AM
Got My Power Assist today, seems that with all the different models and youtube videos I looked at, I got confused about what model has what.  I assumed the one I ordered had the philips head screw driver....but it doesn't.  My own silly mistake, not alot of choice in Aus anyway, there were only two SOG Power assists for sale in Aus and both are the same model.
So now I'll try and track down the spare parts so maybe I can put a philips on it.

I have a spare SOG Philips #1 (note that # 1 is the smaller size, a lot of OZ philips screws are #2) screwdriver I can give you, PM me with your name and postal address and I'll send it to you (eventually, sometimes I can be a bit slack on my freebies). I also have a spare saw if you want one (these are labelled "HARLEY_DAVIDSON").
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

au Offline SuperDavid

Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 08:22:03 AM

I have a spare SOG Philips #1 (note that # 1 is the smaller size, a lot of OZ philips screws are #2) screwdriver I can give you, PM me with your name and postal address and I'll send it to you (eventually, sometimes I can be a bit slack on my freebies). I also have a spare saw if you want one (these are labelled "HARLEY_DAVIDSON").
Very generous of you!  I'm very keen for the philips and the saw, with those two I might be able to replace the C4 Punch!

au Offline SuperDavid

Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 08:33:47 AM
Message sent Gregozedobe, I think it might have gone as an email? I dont think I can send private messages for some reason.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 08:39:28 AM
Message sent Gregozedobe, I think it might have gone as an email? I dont think I can send private messages for some reason.

One more post and you'll be able to send a PM.  :tu:

au Offline SuperDavid

Reply #7 on: September 21, 2015, 08:47:22 AM

Ahhh Got it!
Thanks for that!

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #8 on: September 21, 2015, 08:52:36 AM

Ahhh Got it!
Thanks for that!

Welcome to the forum mate.  :cheers:

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #9 on: September 24, 2015, 02:11:25 PM
Welcome to MTO! Nice to see another SOG fan.

That's us mobile.
Nate

Nate

SEND IT!

au Offline SuperDavid

Reply #10 on: September 24, 2015, 05:35:05 PM
thanks guys! Its a nice forum!

A big thanks to gregozedobe!  He sent me the Philips head driver and a saw for my new sog, and wouldn't take any money!
I took out the c4 punch and fitted the saw and philips driver and a home made spacer! I feel like I have a complete multitool!  I couldn't picture myself using this tool if it didn't have a philips head!

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #11 on: September 25, 2015, 02:56:23 AM
I feel like I have a complete multitool!  I couldn't picture myself using this tool if it didn't have a philips head!

Glad to be able to help (it's the MTo way  :D )
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%