Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

CRKT Eat-n Tool Question

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
CRKT Eat-n Tool Question
on: September 27, 2015, 06:01:59 PM
I've had mine for a couple of months now, and I really like it and get a lot of use out of it. But I am curious, are they dishwasher safe? I didn't see anything on the CRKT website about that. I know that being 3CR13 steel it is good to go, but I am wondering more specifically about the coating.  :think:

What's the consensus?

:tu:
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Re: CRKT Eat-n Tool Question
Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 06:38:38 PM
FYI since I seemed to stump everyone, I ran my Eat'n Tool through the dishwasher and it seems fine.
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 09:02:35 PM
Sorry, I didn't see this one earlier.

I wouldn't worry too much about the dishwasher on the Eat'n Tool itself, although I'd probably not run the carabiner through as the small spring on the gate might not like the heating, cooling and moisture.

As for the coating, well I doubt there is much to worry about there either.  I would imagine it should be pretty safe- if it would wear off that easily then people would complain about it coming off when they eat with it.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 10:50:38 PM
Cheers, Grant. :salute: I just sent the tool through, minus the carabiner. Only interested in cleaning the part that goes into my throat-hole  :tu:

Probably kind of a weird question since it is an on-the-go or camping tool, and probably not a lot of opportunity for running it through a dishwasher. But I carry mine with me at work and just run it under a hot tap (unless it gets really nasty) but I give it a good wash when I get home, where I have access to a dishwasher.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 11:39:25 PM
That's pretty much how mine live too.  Never had a problem yet.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%