Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Swisstool Spirit vs. Rebar?

ToolJoe · 101 · 10787

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Re: Swisstool Spirit vs. Rebar?
Reply #90 on: October 05, 2015, 10:19:55 PM
However, the Spirit almost makes them feel unnecessary or redundant, and my MechaRogue's  not having that ;)

You send that Spirit right over here and I guarantee you I'll make sure it never does that to your MechaRogue ever again  :D
Nice try buddy....I appreciate your concern ;)

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

K-Tibbs

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #91 on: October 06, 2015, 05:52:01 AM
However, the Spirit almost makes them feel unnecessary or redundant, and my MechaRogue's  not having that ;)

You send that Spirit right over here and I guarantee you I'll make sure it never does that to your MechaRogue ever again  :D

Yeah everyone knows I got dibs on all unused Spirits.

us Offline Obi1shinobee

• Master LM Squirt Ps4 And Lord of Navitools
Reply #92 on: October 06, 2015, 07:24:13 AM
I have another thought on my Spirit vs basically any other MT situation.  The Spirit is essentially a SAK in plier based MT form.  Now while this could and likely is seen as a good thing, I think it turns me off of it a bit.  The Rebar, or most other MTs, feel like a good companion to my MechaRogue (or Rogueneer).  However, the Spirit almost makes them feel unnecessary or redundant, and my MechaRogue's  not having that ;)

Isn't the MechaRogue supposed to be a stand alone SAK :think:? I mean certainly its pliers are redundant in combination with any pliers based MT.
Big E my man :)  You are correct as that is how I designed/intended it to be.  More for when it is all I can carry, like in gym shorts/pants, or other lighter pants.  The SAK pliers are more as beefy tweezers for me.  The MT pliers are handy for certain tasks at work mostly, but I enjoy having them just in case.  So yes, there is a degree of redundancy regardless of what MT I carry.  The Spirit just makes it seem even more so to be the case.

Girl: What's that in your pants
Monrogue: Oh, thats my MechaRogue
Girl: Cute name
Monorogue: Wanna see it?
Girl:  :ahhh
Monorogue: But it's so pretty, I have lots of pictures of it on the internet...
Girl:  (Image removed from quote.)

::) :P

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

gr Offline firiki

• Cats have pocket knives of their own
Reply #93 on: October 06, 2015, 12:42:03 PM

We know for a fact that Monrogue done sullied this particular Spirit in the past... not that I mind preloved free Spirits  ::)

Poor thing must be feeling lonely, used at will then pushed aside and harassed by The MechaRogue... Yes Monrogue, I am concerned about that Spirit's well being so I volunteer to help solve various issues at once >:D :angel:
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #94 on: October 06, 2015, 08:15:13 PM

We know for a fact that Monrogue done sullied this particular Spirit in the past... not that I mind preloved free Spirits  ::)

Poor thing must be feeling lonely, used at will then pushed aside and harassed by The MechaRogue... Yes Monrogue, I am concerned about that Spirit's well being so I volunteer to help solve various issues at once >:D :angel:
You're a saint my friend ;)

K-Tibbs

gr Offline firiki

• Cats have pocket knives of their own
Reply #95 on: October 07, 2015, 11:54:10 AM

You're a saint my friend ;)

Mother Teresa used to say that to me all the time when we had tea together.

I'm sure my good heart will be my damnation in the end.  :D  :angel:
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • I brake for cake
Reply #96 on: October 07, 2015, 11:57:16 AM
I have another thought on my Spirit vs basically any other MT situation.  The Spirit is essentially a SAK in plier based MT form.  Now while this could and likely is seen as a good thing, I think it turns me off of it a bit.  The Rebar, or most other MTs, feel like a good companion to my MechaRogue (or Rogueneer).  However, the Spirit almost makes them feel unnecessary or redundant, and my MechaRogue's  not having that ;)

I reckon the similarity between the Spirit and a SAK are good.  Familiarity with the way the tools open and operate is a plus, though I take your point about redundancy.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #97 on: October 07, 2015, 02:00:45 PM

I reckon the similarity between the Spirit and a SAK are good.  Familiarity with the way the tools open and operate is a plus, though I take your point about redundancy.
:tu:

K-Tibbs

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #98 on: October 07, 2015, 02:04:24 PM

I feel about the spirit as i do the wave,ie they are a stand alone tool,the only thing i might pare my spirit with is a good slipjoint like my buck 303,the swisschamp is similar but without the larger pliers,but i do like the small plier for little fiddly jobs, :tu:

fr Offline hellsing

Reply #99 on: October 08, 2015, 09:23:29 AM
in my opinion:
if you can buy a spirit, else buy a rebar.
Once you get the spirit wait 6 month and buy a rebar if you still want it.

After my spirit i bought a st300 (similar to rebar), i use the st300 for heavy duty work where i know my spirit can get some scratchs.
And after you can buy a surge, a sog etc  :multi:

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #100 on: October 08, 2015, 10:39:57 AM
in my opinion:
if you can buy a spirit, else buy a rebar.
Once you get the spirit wait 6 month and buy a rebar if you still want it.

After my spirit i bought a st300 (similar to rebar), i use the st300 for heavy duty work where i know my spirit can get some scratchs.
And after you can buy a surge, a sog etc  :multi:

said in true MTO style  :salute:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44