Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My First Love: Leatherman Multitools

00 Offline cool123

My First Love: Leatherman Multitools
on: October 05, 2015, 12:20:39 PM
I found this leatherman multi tools Wingman, the perfect one to start my collection. As I have already mentioned that I just love the leatherman multi tools and would love to add as much multi-tools as I can and my pocket cash allows. Planning to get this one.

I found this at LINK REMOVED. I really want to know, is this a good place to get the leatherman knife.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 10:06:13 PM by zoidberg »
If I need to pick some good EDC tools.
Then I would take my love leatherman multi tool wave and a flash light. Other are just a waste !!!

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: My First Love: Leatherman Multitools
Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 12:27:26 PM
I'm guessing your in India?

It's on par with UK prices,but way over the odds on what you'd pay in the USA. If you were in Britain,I'd say save up the tenner or so more and get a Rebar.

Equally,I'm not a fan of the Wingman,and for the same or less,you could get a Gerber Suspension,which I think is better for the money.
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 06:06:17 PM
Kirk and I disagree on the Wingman vs. Suspension. For the same money, I'd pick the Wingman.

I would also say that unless you have largish hands, you might find the handle spread on the Wingman a bit wide and uncomfortable.

And finally, I absolutely agree with Kirk that if you save for a bit longer and get a Rebar, you get a much better tool.

If you don't have a plier based multitool, and are looking to just 'test the waters', to see if the form factor and weight would work for you, I think the Wingman is a pretty good tool. It has a lot going for it, and I did some pretty seriously abusive testing on it's twin, the Sidekick, and was very impressed with what it would stand up to.

us Offline NetsNJ

Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 07:42:47 PM
I like both tools, the Suspension and the Wingman (well, I have a Sidekick, same thing).  They both seem really substantial in the hand, well built.  I think the ergonomics on the Suspension are far better - the plier handles are less prone to slip.  If you really want a nice blade though, go for the Wingman, the blades on the Suspension are stubby.  All-locking tools on the Suspension is nice, though, I love the Gerber locking mechanism.  The 2D phillips is way better on the Wingman than the Suspension.  Both are nice tools though, the Suspension gets way too much hate, the ergonomics are really better than any other plier multitool in my humble opinion.  To each their own.

I'd echo the sentiments above about the Rebar though.   It outshines both tremendously, the question is how badly do you want scissors?    How badly do you want to have OHO blades?

Good luck with collecting, cool123.  It is a sickness!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 07:45:56 PM by NetsNJ »

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 08:38:33 PM
The Wingman is one wicked-cool multitool. It gets 4 out of 5 stars from me and for the going price you can't go wrong.

SAW

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 08:59:12 PM
Wingman is a great tool, especially considering the price. I actually prefer it to Rebar based on it's awesome scissors and knife being outside access and the spring-loaded pliers.
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

us Offline gregpost

Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 09:08:52 PM
 I like the Wingman a lot. The price, size, clip, easy blade and scissors access, and spring pliers are all very handy.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 09:37:52 PM
I had a sidekick,its ok,for me i would save and save and look out for a deal on a wave  :salute:

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: October 05, 2015, 09:41:27 PM
Wingman is a great tool, especially considering the price. I actually prefer it to Rebar based on it's awesome scissors and knife being outside access and the spring-loaded pliers.
I agree it is a very good tool for its price point, however I disagree about the scissors. I've had three of them and they were all terrible. Barely cut paper and anything more than that was not even worth trying. The blade is nice, unless you prefer a plain edge. And I like the spring loaded pliers. Never bothered me.
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #9 on: October 05, 2015, 10:28:27 PM
cool123.

You were asked last month to stop posting those links.

This is your second and final warning.

us Offline SAKnight

• 5.0 HO
Reply #10 on: October 06, 2015, 12:06:20 AM
 :pok:
WP_20151005_001.jpg
* WP_20151005_001.jpg (Filesize: 50.48 KB)

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: October 06, 2015, 12:35:03 AM
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline SAKnight

• 5.0 HO
Reply #12 on: October 06, 2015, 08:41:36 AM
:pok:

Oh! Is that a Henry Moore?

I'm afraid I don't know who, or what that may be  :D

Tis' a lovely Lowtech custom, if that helps :think:  :D

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: October 06, 2015, 04:34:27 PM
I had a Wingman and the scissors were not their shining achievement to say the least. Actually my favorite tool of the bunch was the package opener.
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

us Offline gregpost

Reply #14 on: October 06, 2015, 05:46:36 PM
 The package opener really gets used all the time.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #15 on: October 06, 2015, 11:12:37 PM

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%