Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Why do you like SAK?

gb Offline Weasel

• No Life Club
Re: Why do you like SAK?
Reply #30 on: October 08, 2015, 01:26:44 PM
I like saks because there so usefull , theres loads you can do with s sak and some ingenuity.
Plus they make me feel prepared(I feel naked without one)
As ive carried one for so long.
And most importantly they make me smile and I still get that same childish excitement about them as when I first saw one as a boy.
Weasel

us Offline strmliner

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: October 09, 2015, 05:10:35 PM
Because they are handy to have and socially accepted almost everywhere.

+1

Welcome aboard Einstein...hope you enjoy the ride here at MTo!   :cheers:

I agree with Fattsgalore.  The way I learned life, a gentleman always carries even a small knife.  SAKs accomplish that and provide more than just a "blade"...they're useful!  And yes, they are socially accepted almost everywhere, built very well, and they're just COOL!

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they go."    -Will Rogers

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #32 on: October 09, 2015, 05:23:37 PM
I like that they are possibly one of the best value for money tools you can get. This is even MORE true when you get used ones on ebay or at a yard sale.

I like that there is almost every combination available for tools, so you can get the one that has what you want and nothing else. Usually.

I like that the scales on the 91mm come in such variety and can be replaced if damaged.

They are very light weight for the number of tools they contain.

They are... just... pretty. Elegant. Aesthetically pleasing. They shine, and they snap crisply when you open and close them. They FEEL like quality objects that give a pride of ownership. Sorry if this part is hard to translate.

Welcome to the boards Einstein. I hope it's okay if we say 'Einstein'. Don't worry about any difficulty with English. Members of the boards are from all over the world, and we welcome it. If you are patient with us, we will be patient with you, and together we will figure out what we all mean.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 05:24:59 PM by Lynn LeFey »

00 Offline Caranthanus

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: October 09, 2015, 06:10:02 PM
I like that they are possibly one of the best value for money tools you can get. This is even MORE true when you get used ones on ebay or at a yard sale.

I like that there is almost every combination available for tools, so you can get the one that has what you want and nothing else. Usually.

I like that the scales on the 91mm come in such variety and can be replaced if damaged.

They are very light weight for the number of tools they contain.

They are... just... pretty. Elegant. Aesthetically pleasing. They shine, and they snap crisply when you open and close them. They FEEL like quality objects that give a pride of ownership. Sorry if this part is hard to translate.

Welcome to the boards Einstein. I hope it's okay if we say 'Einstein'. Don't worry about any difficulty with English. Members of the boards are from all over the world, and we welcome it. If you are patient with us, we will be patient with you, and together we will figure out what we all mean.

+1 :2tu:

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #34 on: October 09, 2015, 08:21:49 PM
All of the above.  :nothingtoadd:

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #35 on: October 09, 2015, 08:52:50 PM
+1
Barry

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #36 on: October 09, 2015, 08:59:22 PM
All of the above.  :nothingtoadd:

^^^
+++

Welcome to MTO
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #37 on: October 09, 2015, 09:00:58 PM
Lynn's answer should be the SAK Knight motto or something.

nz Offline KiwiMark

Reply #38 on: October 10, 2015, 12:23:57 AM
Victorinox SAKs are quality tools that are really useful to have with you.
That is why I like them and that is why there is one in a pouch on my belt right now . . . and one on my keyring, another on my desk, one in the bag I take to work, several more in a drawer . . .
"Mr. Carl Elsener and his Victorinox brand of knives is the undisputed king of knives in the world today."

- Sal Glesser (Bladeforums - 8 Jan 2011)

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #39 on: October 11, 2015, 07:15:41 AM
When you can't carry anything more, carry nothing less.

Quality materials at a darn good price. No wondersteel or mystery metal, and they've been making them so long they have the bugs out of the design. There is one that fits your needs that fit in your pocket.

Unless you need pliers. Then you need (a) real pliers, (b) a Leatherman, or (c) don't worry, Victorinox has you covered still.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline deputy tom

Reply #40 on: October 11, 2015, 08:52:32 PM
Welcome to the forum. I like SAKs from my first experience in the early 1960's. My older brother and I received a SAK from our uncle. He brought it back from Switzerland. It had a certain foreign aura to it. We had to share it. He being the older one got the knife more often than I did so as soon as I could save enough money to buy my own I did. That was several dozen SAKs ago. tom.
Thig crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol agus ceòl The world will come to an end but music and love will endure

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
Reply #41 on: October 12, 2015, 08:57:58 PM
I'm really glad to join in such a forum.I like SAK because it's handy and beautiful,how about you?By the way,my English is poor,so please don,t  laugh at me if I have mistakes in my writing.

I like them because they are handy, beautiful, the very highest quality, AND affordable! It is so rare these days to get all those traits in one item; usually, we have to pick 2, or 3 if we're lucky.

Welcome to MTo! I won't laugh at your English, as long as you don't laugh at my (lack of) Chinese, OK?

My wife is Chinese and she has spoken English for years at work. Now, in the USA for a couple years, she still struggles sometimes. As much with the language as with the culture. I applaud your bravery for joining and posting here.

By the way, other members might be interested to hear that in a second-hand environment in China, balisongs and automatic knives of decent quality cost half as much as a hard-used Vic Spartan. They have a different value system in China, because Chinese people are so practical! It's actually painful sometimes; my wife gets mad whenever I spend money that isn't needed to sustain life or education. She's mad now because I spent about $2k on plane tickets to go visit my sister in CA. We'll have fun, but she doesn't want to part with the money, she wants to move into a single family home instead.
-Jeremy
"Well begun is half done."
-Aristotle

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31