Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

'Pork Steak'

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Re: 'Pork Steak'
Reply #30 on: December 04, 2015, 05:10:29 AM
I had a pig slaughtered this past winter, and we got a lot of 'pork steaks' off of her from the butcher. My Wife and I had never even heard of them before this. We held off on eating any until a couple of months ago, after the chops ran out. We were blown away. I was surprised to see earlier in this thread that the steaks are regarded as a tougher cut of meat, because ours are more tender than the chops were. They do seem to have more fat on them, but otherwise they are primo.
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #31 on: December 04, 2015, 06:48:18 AM
The more fat thing makes them excellent for the grill.

Glad to hear you like them.

RT... I may have to try them with a curry sauce. That sounds awesome, but yes, they're great with BBQ sauce. They're not usually actually barbequed (as in low-and-slow cooked) but are usually grilled, then put in a pan with bbq sauce to cook, and then back on a grill to finish. At least, that's the method you see most often in the St. Louis area.

us Offline David

Reply #32 on: December 04, 2015, 06:56:25 AM

RT... I may have to try them with a curry sauce. That sounds awesome, but yes, they're great with BBQ sauce. They're not usually actually barbequed (as in low-and-slow cooked) but are usually grilled, then put in a pan with bbq sauce to cook, and then back on a grill to finish. At least, that's the method you see most often in the St. Louis area.

Sounds very tasty!     :)
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Reply #33 on: December 04, 2015, 07:13:04 PM

Sounds very tasty!     :)
+1 :drool: :drool: :D
SAW

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24