Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Dx European Website

Corwyn · 13 · 1252

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Dx European Website
on: October 09, 2015, 10:31:46 AM
So, guys, I tried to use http://eud.dx.com/ and make an order for some stuff that I didn't want to wait 6 months from China. I was lead to understand that they are selling from Europe and I won't have to go to the custom house or pay any taxes.

As such, I got about 35 Euros of toys (twice what I'd have paid from China) and paid shipping and didn't split them in small 10 Euro non-taxable packages.

Aaand... I just picked up the package from customs after getting a day off and 5 Euros gas fees to get there plus paying about 10 Euros taxes !!!

Seeing as the products got here ok and and in a reasonable time - about 3 weeks I will be giving them the benefit of doubt and asking for my money back on the customs fees.

I will get back to you with updates...
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Re: Dx European Website
Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 10:34:33 AM
where did the parcel come from?  Which country?
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 10:42:21 AM
Hm... this is strange... the tracking showed it coming from China, but the package says Netherlands and was sent with PostNL.

It does indeed have a yellow tag saying: "Goods not fulfilling the conditions prescribed by Article 9 and 10 of the treaty establishing the European Economic Community"

The customs guy explained that they are indeed located in Europe, but marked as goods without paid taxes, so the VAT and customs fees weren't paid by them in Netherlands, when importing, but are paid by the end user - us when bought.

So physically they are stored in the EU, but in all intents and purposes it acts as a China package...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 10:48:16 AM by Corwyn »
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 10:50:52 AM
clever   :D :D 

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 11:24:12 AM
I saw some items much cheaper in DX China than in DX Europe. Since they're not top of the line, I don't mind waiting for them. The only stuff I got from DX was always from China. Never had to pay any taxes on them, either.

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: October 10, 2015, 05:22:17 PM
Status update: EU Support links to internationational. Ticketing support servers have crashed... not happy.
Live service people were nice and prompt but couldn't help me out...

I''ll keep you posted if I'll ever get my 9 USD back...

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 12:05:05 PM
So.. after 5 days of trying to get someone from the EU Office they told me that I hadn't bought any customs insurance so I wouldn't be reinboursed...

I imagine they just think stuff would go under the radar...

Really-really not happy with this website: never-ever buying from them again...  :twak:

gr Offline firiki

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Cats have pocket knives of their own
Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 01:08:54 PM
What do they mean by "customs insurance"? More expenses, surely...

I say smurf 'em, this website sounds like a bad plan. Although, I do have to wonder, how can the goods be imported and stored in the EU without having taxes applied? Some sort of special deal, perhaps? :think:

Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #8 on: October 20, 2015, 01:17:58 PM
many countries, if not all, have these - known as tax free zones or bonded warehouses

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonded_warehouse

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: October 20, 2015, 01:19:32 PM
I imagine it is this European Customs Code provision:

3. Customs warehousing

Imported goods can be stored in specially designated facilities, and duties, taxes and formalities suspended until the goods are assigned another customs approved treatment.

http://www.exporthelp.europa.eu/thdapp/display.htm?page=rt/rt_EUImportProcedures.html&docType=main&languageId=EN

gr Offline firiki

Reply #10 on: October 20, 2015, 01:23:05 PM
You learn something new every day (if you're lucky)!

Thanks, folks :salute:

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #11 on: October 20, 2015, 01:25:59 PM
γηράσκω αεί διδασκόμενος

gr Offline firiki

Reply #12 on: October 20, 2015, 01:47:06 PM
Ορθώς ομίλησες, καίτοι καθήμενος (μάλλον :think::drink:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00