Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Tombag - UK military style bag

Offline jrp316

Tombag - UK military style bag
on: October 23, 2015, 08:14:36 PM
Lately, I've been in search of a new duffel bag. My favorite style of bag is the military issue duffel bags which open from the top and are made of heavy canvas; I like the style, but they're way too big for anything other than a big travel or moving bag. As a vacation, laundry or moving bag, they're superb. For regular, casual use, they're way too big. I wanted one of that style, but cut down in size. Up until just recently, I couldn't find such a thing that wasn't priced into the stratosphere.

Enter the Tombag. It's made and sold in the UK, so it didn't come up on my radar right away. I bought and received the small one in plain white canvas and am thinking strongly about going for another in waxed canvas, either medium or large. Really nice, heavy canvas, seems to be very well made. Anyone familiar with these bags?

Here's a link to the one I ended up with: http://www.tombag.com/collections/small/products/classic-canvas-small-duffle-bag-calico

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Tombag - UK military style bag
Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 10:46:02 PM
Seems expensive. I hope it does everything you want it to do and turns out to be worth the price.  I know that sometimes, when we can afford it, we all pay more for something so we get quality and don't have to worry about it. I just don't usually have the funds for quality so I end up settling for meh.

Offline jrp316

Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 04:27:37 AM
They're a bit pricey, that I'll agree with; I caught the one I have on eBay UK for a fraction of retail, so I'm pretty happy about that. Even at retail, they're not as pricey as the few other options that I've seen so far. There's only been two other bags of that style that I've seen available, both of which tipped in at $400+. I'm kinda surprised that more bag makers haven't made something to fit that mold yet.

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 07:26:21 AM
I love the look of these Jrp  :tu:
I own a couple of the big old x-army duffel bags (just stuffed full of 'stuff'  ::) )
Everything’s adjustable

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 01:11:35 PM
It certainly looks good. I have seen similar bags on Etsy, of all places. I neither remember pricing nor how I found them. I tried locating an example now, but I really, really dislike Etsy's search interface and relevancy functions.

Edit: And now I discovered Tombag has an Etsy account. No wonder I thought they looked similar... :D
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 01:17:05 PM by Steinar »

Offline jrp316

Reply #5 on: October 27, 2015, 04:26:27 PM
Edit: And now I discovered Tombag has an Etsy account. No wonder I thought they looked similar... :D

That's how I found them as well. I'm hoping a holiday discount code comes down the pipe soon so I can grab either a medium or large bag.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%