Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Pouch for a powerlock

wales Offline Stazi

Pouch for a powerlock
on: October 27, 2015, 10:51:11 PM
Hi All
Just picked up a powerlock and I'm very pleased with it , my only complaint would be the height the leather pouch ( which is a great pouch ) sits above the belt, does the nylon version hang lower ? Or can anyone suggest a aftermarket alternative , saying that I'm in the UK.
Thanks in advance.
Technique and Confidence

us Offline Vinjints

Re: Pouch for a powerlock
Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 01:20:50 PM
Here's hoping you get a good response. I've been looking for similar to also house the bit kit and haven't heard/seen anything yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wales Offline Stazi

Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 11:06:14 PM
Thanks Vinjints, the sog pouch hex bit nyl/hxb seems to hold both , but again sits high and reviews are not very good , thanks for the reply.
Technique and Confidence

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 03:38:43 AM
I have had a few different Powerlocks and both the leather and nylon cases.  The nylon case rides lower on the belt, but the plastic belt clip feels weak and the case itself is appears flimsy.

You can wear the leather case upside down and it will ride lower on your belt, but the tool will fall out if the cover unsnaps by accident.

There are other ways to let the SOG leather case ride lower.  You can thread your belt through a section of bicycle tire inner tube fastened to the case using a zip tie:

You could suspend it from 2 loops of paracord or stiff wire, as shown with a different case in these photos:

None of these workarounds performs as well as a good case designed from the start to ride lower on the belt.   :(
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 03:40:54 AM by parnass »
Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

wales Offline Stazi

Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 04:44:48 PM
Thanks parnass

Problem now solved thanks to you . A very simple solution , I used para cord and got exactly the result I wanted , as I said it's a nice pouch , it just sits to high on the belt for me . :salute:
Technique and Confidence

us Offline Vinjints

Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 11:08:38 PM
I saw the same reviews on the nyl/hxb which is why I haven't gone that route. I do like the non hex nylon sheath and wear it horizontally. Just wish I could carry the bits easily as well

The other pro, I bought a maxed pouch to check out and it sits a mile off my hip. The sog nylon seems to form to my belt a lot better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD