Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Surefire Titan Plus, 1AAA light 300 lumens!

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Surefire Titan Plus, 1AAA light 300 lumens!
on: October 31, 2015, 04:07:04 AM
A new Surefire Titan Plus arrived today. It is powered by a single AAA battery and came with an Eneloop Pro low self discharge NiMH battery.

The light is built from nickel plated brass and weighs about 2 ounces including battery.

The LED and white bezel O-ring are centered on my light. The beam tint is good -- not green, yellow, nor blue.  I prefer cool tints and the tint on this looks more neutral.  Pocket clip edges feel somewhat sharp, as reported by others.

The Titan Plus beam is floody and has 3 brightness levels:  300, 75, and 15 lumens.
The 300 lumen setting is stunning.  It illuminates perhaps half an acre's worth of the back yard.

I am delighted with it so far, but have only used it for half a day.

Manufacturer's web page: http://www.surefire.com/illumination/flashlights/titan-b.html

« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 04:36:55 AM by parnass »
Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Re: Surefire Titan Plus, 1AAA light 300 lumens!
Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 04:23:16 AM
WOW! That is nice!
Nate

SEND IT!

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 06:56:40 PM
I like it a lot. :tu:

I haven't been following the flashlight world in some time so I have to ask. Is this the first Surefire AAA light?

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 08:04:19 PM
I like it a lot. :tu:

I haven't been following the flashlight world in some time so I have to ask. Is this the first Surefire AAA light?

Surefire introduced their first two AAA lights this year, the Titan-A and Titan-B (Plus).

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

bg Offline N_N_R

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 07:28:48 AM
1xAAA = 300 lumens ?!

HOW ?! This sounds amazing & impossible.  :drool:

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 07:40:22 AM
Looks great! :tu:  I've been hoping to see something AAA from SF for the longest time, though I haven't followed it that tightly, am happy to see it arrives.  Just did some catch up reading, and seems some of the dual output models have decent regulation.  Hoping to see some runtime chart on this one soon.  :popcorn:

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 11:19:44 AM
Looks excellent. :tu:  I am wondering what the run time is for 300 lumen on a single AAA.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #7 on: November 01, 2015, 01:22:32 PM

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #8 on: November 02, 2015, 09:54:41 PM

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #9 on: November 03, 2015, 01:33:34 PM
I am jelly.  :gimme:

us Offline JBW1

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: November 19, 2015, 03:06:56 AM
Is the Clip reversible? like to clip it to a hat brim?

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #11 on: November 19, 2015, 01:35:25 PM

I don't think the clip is reversible, though I haven't tried it.

us Offline JBW1

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: November 19, 2015, 01:41:10 PM

I don't think the clip is reversible, though I haven't tried it.

from the pics, kinda looks like the clip may be able to fit on the other side of the barrel? but then that would make it "tip up carry" hahaha :D

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Reply #13 on: November 19, 2015, 01:45:40 PM
MUST..... HAVE....

THIS   :gimme: :gimme: :gimme: :gimme:
SAW

ph Offline Teofilo

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: November 22, 2015, 01:21:24 AM
1xAAA = 300 lumens ?!

HOW ?! This sounds amazing & impossible.  :drool:

At 300 lumens, I assume it is powered by a 10440 rechargeable battery, the size of a  aaa battery generating 3.7volts.
Nice little light Btw. :tu:

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #15 on: November 22, 2015, 01:25:52 AM

At 300 lumens, I assume it is powered by a 10440 rechargeable battery, the size of a  aaa battery generating 3.7volts.

A 10440 battery might damage the light.

The Surefire Titan Plus is rated for 300 lumens on the highest setting while using the supplied 1.4 volt NiMH battery or a 1.5 volt alkaline battery.

us Offline this_is_nascar

Reply #16 on: November 22, 2015, 01:39:31 AM
I absolutely can not afford to get back into the flashlight hobby.  I wish I never read this thread.  It looks nice.
"The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". --- Wayne LaPierre 12/21/2012

ph Offline Teofilo

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: November 22, 2015, 06:26:59 AM

A 10440 battery might damage the light.

The Surefire Titan Plus is rated for 300 lumens on the highest setting while using the supplied 1.4 volt NiMH battery or a 1.5 volt alkaline battery.

There's a thread regarding the sf titan plus.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?406670-Question-about-Surefire-Titan-Plus/page2

us Offline this_is_nascar

Reply #18 on: November 22, 2015, 08:37:24 PM
Been reading for a few minutes about the Titan and Titan Plus.  The TP is heavier than what I'm willing to carry.  I like the size/weight of the Titan.  It's smaller and lighter, but lacks the pocketclip and easy disconnect, neither of which I'd care about terribly.  What would stop me from getting either one is the lack of tailstanding capabilities.  Looks like I continue to carry my Fenix E01 and E05.  I mostly use the E05, but keep the E01 for those batteries that won't power the E05 or others.  You won't find a light that has a "lower minimum voltage to fire" capability than the Fenix E01.  Arc-AAA is close, but not quite.

"The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". --- Wayne LaPierre 12/21/2012

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: December 26, 2015, 11:49:29 PM
A Christmas gift.
DSCN2608.JPG
* DSCN2608.JPG (Filesize: 184.62 KB)
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

us Offline Joe58

Reply #20 on: December 27, 2015, 03:05:39 AM
Toolguy - what is that end cap you've on the Surefire? Looks different.

I've been looking at these a couple times now cause of this thread. Thanks btw.  ::)

Trying really hard not to get hooked on little lights again, but it's tough cause they're just too cool. Lol.

And the Surefire is interesting. The Titan I think, rather than the Plus.
🇨🇭

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: December 27, 2015, 07:25:17 PM
Toolguy - what is that end cap you've on the Surefire? Looks different.
I've been looking at these a couple times now cause of this thread. Thanks btw.  ::)
Trying really hard not to get hooked on little lights again, but it's tough cause they're just too cool. Lol.
And the Surefire is interesting. The Titan I think, rather than the Plus.

That piece is a detachable key ring.If you wish to remove the light from your keys,just snap this off,instead of trying to roll the ring around several revolutions to remove from your keys.This allows you to use your light while free from your keys. Reattaching is just as easy as detaching.
DSCN2613.JPG
* DSCN2613.JPG (Filesize: 176.24 KB)
DSCN2614.JPG
* DSCN2614.JPG (Filesize: 182.55 KB)
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

us Offline Joe58

Reply #22 on: December 27, 2015, 08:07:59 PM
Haven't seen that before I don't think. Does that come with?
🇨🇭

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: December 27, 2015, 08:21:01 PM
Haven't seen that before I don't think. Does that come with?

I think this is part of the "Plus" package.It is a unique feature and it appears to be a viable feature as well.

us Offline Joe58

Reply #24 on: December 27, 2015, 11:11:40 PM
I lost will power again and used an Amazon gifty card for the Titan. The smaller one since I keep it clipped to a minichamp dropped in my pocket anyway. So I'll be interested to see it.

In researching a bit I noticed there were some issues with other battery brands fitting too snugly. Those comments seemed a little older, least the ones I noticed, so I'm wondering if that's been addressed. Seemed the easy fix is just to sand the tube out a bit inside, so that's no biggee.
🇨🇭

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #25 on: December 27, 2015, 11:39:25 PM
I lost will power again and used an Amazon gifty card for the Titan. The smaller one since I keep it clipped to a minichamp dropped in my pocket anyway. So I'll be interested to see it.

In researching a bit I noticed there were some issues with other battery brands fitting too snugly. Those comments seemed a little older, least the ones I noticed, so I'm wondering if that's been addressed. Seemed the easy fix is just to sand the tube out a bit inside, so that's no biggee.

Surefire has apparently solved this issue as many different batteries fit my Titan.It came with a Panasonic Eneloop but some of my cheap rechargeable AAA Tenergy batteries easily fit.

us Offline Joe58

Reply #26 on: December 31, 2015, 10:28:49 PM
My Surefire Titan came in today. First impressions are that its well made, threads are nice and smooth, and there were no issues with a tight battery compartment. An Energizer lithium dropped in easily. So whatever issues they had with early versions seems fixed as Toolguys Plus had no issues either with that.

I like just the two settings in brightness it has, and for me, I think that'll be fine for my run of the mill light needs. Plenty bright enough. A white light with no blue tinting. Fairly wide spot.

I'd have no trouble recommending this light for EDC, and plan on carrying it in place of a Peak for awhile. But I could see myself picking up a spare. Glad to see Surefire getting into the single AAA game with a made in USA light.

The electronics in the head seem to be mounted quite well and appear held in place with a type of metal ring. Appears solid in there. I tried to wiggle it around with a toothpick and it stayed firm.

Here's a pic next to a Thrunite TiS, Klarus MiX6 Ti, and a SS Peak Eiger Ultra. For all practical purposes it's the same size as the Thrunite. The Ti Klarus is more slender.
image.jpeg
* image.jpeg (Filesize: 280.81 KB)
image.jpeg
* image.jpeg (Filesize: 286.5 KB)
🇨🇭

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #27 on: January 01, 2016, 04:23:59 AM
My Surefire Titan came in today....

Congratulations upon getting a Surefire Titan. 

So as not to confuse readers, the Titan is a completely different model than the Titan Plus which is the subject of this thread.

Titan Plus: http://www.surefire.com/titan-b.html

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #28 on: January 01, 2016, 07:49:16 AM
almost crapped myself when I saw the price...its cool but c'mon

us Offline Joe58

Reply #29 on: January 01, 2016, 10:32:29 AM
My Surefire Titan came in today....

Congratulations upon getting a Surefire Titan. 

So as not to confuse readers, the Titan is a completely different model than the Titan Plus which is the subject of this thread.

Titan Plus: http://www.surefire.com/titan-b.html

Yes it is, I added that post as Toolguy and I were talking about it (the Titan) earlier in this thread. If my post offends, my apologies. It was intended to highlite the differences between the two lights.
🇨🇭

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD