Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman Signal review

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Re: Leatherman Signal review
Reply #30 on: November 13, 2015, 12:40:25 AM
I just remembered my other thought....a few days later, and it wasn't anything major.  Still figured I may as well mention it.  It was regarding my issue with how much of the tool is visible when clipped to my pocket.  It's light enough that I can just drop it into the pocket if I really want, so either way it carries fine for me.

Also, still really digging my Signal :tu:

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

K-Tibbs

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #31 on: November 22, 2015, 11:34:24 AM
Monrogue, thanks for the review, and the good writeup.  It's always good to see how fellow members see differently in the same tool!  :tu:

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #32 on: November 22, 2015, 02:26:15 PM
Monrogue, thanks for the review, and the good writeup.  It's always good to see how fellow members see differently in the same tool!  :tu:
Thanks comis :salute:  That's what makes this place great, as long as we're all cool about it :tu:

K-Tibbs

fi Offline temo

Reply #33 on: December 18, 2015, 10:11:14 PM
Nice review. For me straight blade in outdoor tool is a must. Seperate serrated is a bonus (straight for carving wood and serrated to slice food, straight though for both if no serrated). For me combo is the worst option. Hammer would be nice. Many times would need some small hitting and tool without the hammer it's not nice to do. Maybe we see more blade options in future. Also in outdoors for me tool usage is Okay even can't use in closed position (bit driver and can opener).

au Offline mvyrmnd

• Tupperware Hunter
Reply #34 on: December 19, 2015, 10:33:41 AM
I hadn't noticed the cut out for the awl, but it does appear to have been done on purpose!

My thoughts are pretty similar to the OP's. I think of it as a larger Skeletool, for when the Skele's pliers aren't up for the job, but I don't want to be lugging around my Charge.

After swapping the saw for scissors, I'm toying with the idea of leaving all the yellow bits behind and abandoning the whole "survival" shtick.

I have smaller hands and haven't had any ergonomic issues, or pinching. I also love having the hammer - probably the main reason I fancied the tool - I've risked the ends of my Charge a few too many times on things that just needed a swift tap.

The strong, thick blade is nice - I'm not fussy about the combo blade because I EDC a proper knife as well, and the combo offers me a serrated edge if I need it.

Thanks for the review!
Just don't say fecal coagulation.  :twak: - Mr. Whippy

us Offline Kampfer

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #35 on: December 19, 2015, 10:51:44 AM
Yup, it is a MT focused around hammer. 
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #36 on: December 19, 2015, 04:05:37 PM
Thanks guys :)  I'm still enjoying mine after around a couple months of carrying it pretty much every day, with a couple exceptions, and those are only due to church attire on Sundays.  I think I've found one of my primary carry MTs with the Signal, which I know probably sounds odd to many considering I'm an office guy, and not an outdoors type.  I hope everyone else who has one is enjoying it :tu:
K-Tibbs

au Offline mvyrmnd

• Tupperware Hunter
Reply #37 on: December 19, 2015, 11:05:33 PM
I've had mine for 3 days and used the hammer a half a dozen times... I'm sold.

I see much hate, but the signal is like an ugly dog - only it's owner really gets it ;)
Just don't say fecal coagulation.  :twak: - Mr. Whippy

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #38 on: December 19, 2015, 11:57:01 PM
I've had mine for 3 days and used the hammer a half a dozen times... I'm sold.

I see much hate, but the signal is like an ugly dog - only it's owner really gets it ;)

K-Tibbs

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44