Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SOG 2016 Product Info!!!!

rdub934 · 342 · 37607

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Re: SOG 2016 Product Info!!!!
Reply #60 on: November 19, 2015, 02:18:12 AM
Looks like a decent knife. Almost like a SOG version of a KaBar mini Dozier. If I find myself in a Lowes I may need to indulge in that combo
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #61 on: November 28, 2015, 10:44:12 PM
Reactor is listed for sale but out of stock for $64. Description mentions it has a pocket clip. No specifications. Street price should be same as SwitchPlier 2.0.

http://www.bladeops.com/SOG-Reactor-Multi-Tool-p/sog-rc1001-cp.htm

***Coming Soon in 2016***

The SOG Reactor houses a total of 10 components, including a hardcased black coated stainless steel assisted blade, powerful Compound Levereage geared pliers, gripper, wire cutters, wire crimpers, bottle opener, magnetic hex bit driver, flat head / Phillips combination screwdriver and pocket clip.
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #62 on: November 28, 2015, 10:47:32 PM
Interestingly, 4 versions of PowerPlay listed on Bladeops. A couple of different sheath options. $77 or $89 depending on which package you go with.

http://www.bladeops.com/SOG-PowerPlay-Multi-Tool-PEG-p/sog-px1001-cp.htm

Compact, comfortable and feature-rich, the PowerPlay brings many tool components into a small, portable multi-tool with Compound Leverage pliers and blades that can be accessed without opening the tool.

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #63 on: November 28, 2015, 10:57:29 PM

Compact, comfortable and feature-rich, the PowerPlay brings many tool components into a small, portable multi-tool with Compound Leverage pliers and blades that can be accessed without opening the tool.

So as well as photographing an only partially assembled Reactor, did SOG's resident dimwits photograph the Powerplay with one of the handles bolted on backwards?

:facepalm:

Whatever their PR guys have been smoking, they need to save it for the weekends, and avoid taking pictures on a Monday morning

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

00 Offline WWW

• No Life Club
Reply #64 on: November 28, 2015, 11:07:56 PM

So as well as photographing an only partially assembled Reactor, did SOG's resident dimwits photograph the Powerplay with one of the handles bolted on backwards?

Whatever their PR guys have been smoking, they need to save it for the weekends, and avoid taking pictures on a Monday morning

It is like marketing dept and movie trailers. They destroy and spoil the whole thing.

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #65 on: November 28, 2015, 11:14:09 PM
The BLADES would be on the outside, in addition to the openers and a few drivers. But one full handle would be inaccessible with the tool closed. I think the photo is correct, though, with one handle being outside accessible and the other not.

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #66 on: November 29, 2015, 12:20:13 AM

It is like marketing dept and movie trailers. They destroy and spoil the whole thing.
Yes I HATE trailers. The ruin it all
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #67 on: November 30, 2015, 05:07:39 PM
 :wait: Come on SOG, lets get some decent pictures.
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #68 on: December 01, 2015, 08:26:31 PM
Mail person delivered a package as I was getting home from work. Not just a free hat, but a free Crosscut, too! All for just asking a question on Facebook. Way to go, SOG!

00 Offline WWW

• No Life Club
Reply #69 on: December 01, 2015, 09:46:49 PM
That's it I'm joining FB!!!

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #70 on: December 01, 2015, 09:58:56 PM
Mail person delivered a package as I was getting home from work. Not just a free hat, but a free Crosscut, too! All for just asking a question on Facebook. Way to go, SOG!

More like as compensation for silencing you on FB  ;)

Nice score though  :)

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #71 on: December 01, 2015, 10:13:40 PM

More like as compensation for silencing you on FB  ;)

Nice score though  :)

Everyone has a price, right? Lol

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #72 on: December 02, 2015, 07:34:27 PM
Pretty cool of SOG. They could of just said "Thanks for letting us know" and removed your post, but decided to reward you for your SOG diligence. A+ performance SOG. That hat is sweet!

If I could only wear knife/MT branded clothes every day I would.
I'm the milk man!

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #73 on: December 02, 2015, 07:37:22 PM
Pretty cool of SOG. They could of just said "Thanks for letting us know" and removed your post, but decided to reward you for your SOG diligence. A+ performance SOG. That hat is sweet!

If I could only wear knife/MT branded clothes every day I would.
+1 Nice of them :tu:
Also clever, good advertisement at a reasonable price :P
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #74 on: December 04, 2015, 04:34:00 AM
I got to thinking about the Reactor earlier. I hope the tool has good retention of the bit in that handle. If you grab the tool by the larger/blade handle and attempt to one-hand open the tool, anything less than good retention would result in a projectile.
Reactor.jpg
* Reactor.jpg (Filesize: 28.35 KB)

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #75 on: December 04, 2015, 03:31:02 PM
I got to thinking about the Reactor earlier. I hope the tool has good retention of the bit in that handle. If you grab the tool by the larger/blade handle and attempt to one-hand open the tool, anything less than good retention would result in a projectile.
I think I read somewhere that the holder is magnetic, for what its worth

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #76 on: December 04, 2015, 04:04:44 PM
I like the way you think :tu:

However, this is probably beyond what you are supposed to do ;)
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #77 on: January 06, 2016, 05:27:51 AM
http://content.yudu.com/Library/A3y5ie/GunTradeWorldTactica/resources/16.htm

A nice little write-up on the PowerPlay and Reactor. But no new info or pics just some extra insight from SOG, I guess.

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #78 on: January 06, 2016, 02:43:11 PM
I am really looking forward to getting my hands on a powerplay  :drool: and from the pictures it looks like all the internal components have been redesigned. Either way hopefully this is an early year release.
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #79 on: January 06, 2016, 03:14:20 PM
SOG also gave a little teaser on their Facebook account, but it was of one of the new knives (tiger stripes). I noticed on the SOG website they have a "what's new for 2016" link but it takes you to the 2015 page. They are getting ready :tu:

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #80 on: January 11, 2016, 01:25:42 AM
But you're all forgetting the most important thing- are they Gunny approved??  :rofl:

us Offline jlwatso1

Reply #81 on: January 11, 2016, 02:57:02 AM

A nice little write-up on the PowerPlay and Reactor. But no new info or pics just some extra insight from SOG, I guess.

The page was just blank when I clicked on it. I would like to see what the PowerPlay looks like.

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #82 on: January 11, 2016, 03:18:18 AM

The page was just blank when I clicked on it. I would like to see what the PowerPlay looks like.

I had lots of probs with scripts on that page...

screen grab.JPG
* screen grab.JPG (Filesize: 47.33 KB)
text.JPG
* text.JPG (Filesize: 104.34 KB)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 03:26:15 AM by SAK Guy »
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

us Offline jlwatso1

Reply #83 on: January 11, 2016, 03:55:05 AM
Thanks! I appreciate it.  :tu:

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #84 on: January 11, 2016, 04:09:04 AM
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #85 on: January 11, 2016, 05:46:15 PM
Sounds like they arent going to retire the Paratool yet, or the PPP. Anyone know how long these tools are going to be? The Power Play looks like it could be 4" (Pocket Power Assist, minus assist features?)

us Offline Kampfer

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #86 on: January 11, 2016, 07:49:51 PM
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

it Offline balvenie

Reply #87 on: January 19, 2016, 01:01:44 PM
Do anyone know when the powerplay will be available?
I have nothing against corkscrew, i'm Italian!!

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #88 on: January 19, 2016, 03:32:05 PM

We should find out more today, or Friday at the latest, but the initial blog post referring to 2016 SOG products in general mentioned February. I don't really know what that means - are all of them dropping in Feb? I doubt it. My guess is that the new products will start trickling out in Feb. However, at least one of the 2016 releases came out before Christmas - the MACV tool.

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #89 on: January 19, 2016, 03:32:07 PM
No, but SHOT Show begins today. Theres a decent chance SOG will be revealing the tools, and possibly a release date during the show

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%